PGP: Bono, take off the platforms, OR get Spanxed...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Would much rather be at a U2 concert than school. For definitely.

everything that's been happening today:

—having my face plaster cast for 2 hours
—listening to my teacher talk about all the lighting we can rent for onstage
—having other people complaining I'm broke
—being yelled at for drawing in my sketchbook
—generally being stressed about this project

and now I've gotta paint too...ugh...I just can't do today.

:reject: sorry dudes...that was a lot of art school angst at once

This will come as no surprise, but I also hated that book. :wink:

Also, that video of him reading is sex on a disco stick. Holy crap.

Hello all! Love the thread title. :lol:

My mom starts chemo a week from Wednesday. She has surgery for a port for said chemo treatments a week from tomorrow.

Also, this was left out of the obligatory pics. :shifty:

Bono.jpg

Finished the hugeass painting, couldn't make it quite as gorgeous as I envisioned but whatevs. Using oil paint is always a battle. It keeps getting sticky and gross and etc. But anyways. Less stress now. Whee :hyper:

What book are you talking about, Grace? :huh:

*is very confused*

http://www.amazon.com/Jemima-Novel-...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1322530684&sr=1-1

It's chicklit and not very good chicklit. The main character is vapid. All the people that surround her are equally bad or worse. The message this book sends is that with extreme diet and exercise, you can be thin and wonderful. On a rare occasion, the author wonders if maybe this is too much, too extreme - but it's never really addressed. Jemima gets what she wants in the end and I wanted to throw up.

I've red some bad chicklit in my life. Most times it's fluffy and silly and you can see the end coming before the first paragraph is done. This is the worst book I've ever read.

everything that's been happening today:

—having my face plaster cast for 2 hours
—listening to my teacher talk about all the lighting we can rent for onstage
—having other people complaining I'm broke
—being yelled at for drawing in my sketchbook
—generally being stressed about this project

:reject: sorry dudes...that was a lot of art school angst at once

uh....... drawing in your sketchbook?? :eyebrow:

Isn't that what you should be doing in
a sketchbook??!!! :lmao:

Unless it's a specially dedicated sketch book for only certain things and you were sketching something else?

@Katie: you got in trouble for drawing in a sketchbook? :confused:

:eyebrow: Isn't that what they're for?

yay katie! :hug:

:hug:s tara for you & your mom!

the broswer works on most things
but not YT anymore :(
I need a "modern broswer" SEZ YT:rolleyes:

:hug: Thanks!

YT is weird. :lol:

http://www.amazon.com/Jemima-Novel-...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1322530684&sr=1-1

It's chicklit and not very good chicklit. The main character is vapid. All the people that surround her are equally bad or worse. The message this book sends is that with extreme diet and exercise, you can be thin and wonderful. On a rare occasion, the author wonders if maybe this is too much, too extreme - but it's never really addressed. Jemima gets what she wants in the end and I wanted to throw up.

I've red some bad chicklit in my life. Most times it's fluffy and silly and you can see the end coming before the first paragraph is done. This is the worst book I've ever read.

That sounds the like worst book ever written. :crack:

uh....... drawing in your sketchbook??? :eybrow:

Isn't tha

unless it's a specially dedicated sketch book for only certain things and you were sketching something else?

it was in the middle of trying to figure out what my group was going to do for a play :shh: and I was not the one supposed to be brainstorming but I got called out for bored-doodling anyhow...

oh goodness...just had way too many poofy cheetos. :sick:

Grace, that book's opening lines made me shudder. Couldn't read past them.

You guys wanna know the worst/best book I've ever read? (I'll explain why it's both in a sec)

http://www.amazon.com/Zombie-Novel-...8915/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322531568&sr=8-1

It's about a guy who's not all there, and trying to kill people with icepicks...well...lobotomize them, rather. Really really sickening because it's so believable. I'm kind of envious she wrote it that well and also hate that book with a burning passion, at the same time...it miiighta influenced my writing just a weensy bit.

it was in the middle of trying to figure out what my group was going to do for a play :shh: and I was not the one supposed to be brainstorming but I got called out for bored-doodling anyhow...

oh............ heaven forbid!!!!! :rolleyes::lmao::lmao:

sorry! :) :hug:

I'm like 90% neuroscientists would say that that
part of the brain (for the bored doddling) is not the same part of the brain needed to process other info??!!!! :D

I was so not concentrating on play-writing. I was not in control of that play, though, which was fine. Got a serious alpha male in my group. Good lord, graphic designers. Anyways. I admit, it was doodling up to no good :)

specially since a large portion of the doodles before I crossed them out and turned them into notes were Larry's butt.

Back
Top Bottom