PGP: ARRRRRRR you ready for more rain?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:ohmy::ohmy:

oh dear zu..........:hug:

i say call by Thurs - unless you have been told they won't be back till __ day.

I thionk you are cutyting it too close other wise UNLESS these letters CAN be faxed.

but if absolutely need orignals, I'd say don't put another weekend this contacting ( unless as above ) :hug::hug:

ugh. my grant applications are due on Sept 20th and I don't have a letter of assurance from King's College or The Globe yet. I'm kinda freaking out. I just sent out reminder emails but I think both of the ppl I need to get in touch with are on summer holidays. If I don't hear from them this week, I'll start making international phone calls, but I'm not sure it'll help, if they're not in the office. *bites nails*

eta: AAAAAAND my boss hasn't redone his part of the application yet either :gah:

eta again: Just got an "out of office" auto reply from my contact at the Globe. She's out until Sept 9th - :panic:

I thionk you are cutyting it too close other wise UNLESS these letters CAN be faxed.

but if absolutely need orignals, I'd say don't put another weekend this contacting ( unless as above ) :hug::hug:

Yeah. Wow, it sucks relying on others to perform what amounts to a professional courtesy in a timely manner. Good luck! :hug:

I've waited this long b/c the letters CAN be scanned and emailed as a pdf or jpeg so even if I can't get in touch with anyone until the 9th it's not the end of the world, but I AM starting to panic. I mean, I'm probably not top priority for someone just coming back from vacation. :sigh:

Dropping in real quick, just found this pic. :wave:

louisvuitton.jpg

I've waited this long b/c the letters CAN be scanned and emailed as a pdf or jpeg so even if I can't get in touch with anyone until the 9th it's not the end of the world, but I AM starting to panic. I mean, I'm probably not top priority for someone just coming back from vacation. :sigh:

DUHHHHHHHH i forgot about that avenue of communication

*wears The Collar of Shame* :(
:giggle:

When you have all these elements of stuff you have to gather from different sources....some NOT exactely in THE nabe..... it's tricky!:hug:

You remind your boss on Tues ( depending on how much he likes his job....Monday is the back-to-work buffer zone.

different topic

I finally moved the more or less
second-to-last planned back in Dec big piece of furniture/entertainemnt today!:hyper:

The TV on the TV Stand went from one side of the length living wall to be perpendicular to the other long side !
Can't quite put it in exact spot yet....some dirt i didn't notice/ or wasn't so noticable is there. Wood-cleaning spray before I go to sleep! :D

I have 2 more medium things... the tall CD/DVD etc tower goes across to the wall were the TV was but in a different spot. Then CD changer goes on top of a 3 liter soda-bottle crate I have to wash first. And the crate is red. I like that!
The boom box radio will go back on top of the CD Changer.

The last planned thing is to get my desk in the living room where i can draw on it- whether i use or partly use my portable drawing board, or not. Some of the drawing i'll be working is too "difficult" to just to plop on my crossed leg with a glued together thick cardboard backing.Needs steady backing to work more carefully.

The UNplanned pieces... I have a Library Book Cas< with castors!> some one tossed out about 6 weeks ago (!!) that I think will go in the back of the desk and work as a visual/physial separation (as well as holding stuff) from my "work space" to my Living room relax/entertainment area.

the seond unplanned thing is my sis is buying a new recliner. I can have the old one. NOT sure if it will be too big ...now that everying else (plus the LBC) is or will be very soon inthe places i've planned for( and not! :giggle).

THEN I can really start to break out more of the objets I have/or more reccently bought and start putting more of those in place!

:happy::happy::love: Interior Decorating For The WIN!!!:hyper::lol:

VP, with regards to True Blood - def a guilty pleasure, like Desperate Housewives for the vampire set. I watched some of the 1st season (I think) and a bit of the 2nd but it got to be a little much for me. I felt like a fuddy-duddy. I'd say things like "They swear so much!" and "Really? More raunchy sex?" and I hated the way whatshername and whatshisname (the pretty blonde who played Rogue in X-men and the main vampire guy) talked to eachother. They had the same convo over and over, much like Twilight.

"You're mahn, Sookeh!"

"I LOVE YOU, BEEEEEHL!"

Those two are the worst, especially this season. I have no use for either of them. :lol:

I'm not that interested in this season - I'm only half paying attention (although the new vampire bad guy this year is AWESOME). It's just ridiculous. I really liked the first 3 (2? I don't know what season it is now) seasons, but it's pretty eye-rolling.

It took me a few episodes of the first season to really get into it. It got better after the first few, and then I just rolled with it.

So what is that? Is that a real ad, or a Photoshop? I'm guessing Photoshop because I never heard about that. I know Madonna does LV ads. :lol:

I know you don't want to hear it, VP, but Mad Men was really awesome tonight. The more pathetic Don gets, the more sympathetic I am to him. Ha! He was always despicable, but I needed his downward slide to actually make him likable to me.

I hope they do something interesting with Betty, because she used to be an actually interesting character, and now they've just moved towards protraying her like a stone cold bitch with no redeeming qualities. I can only assume they have more up their sleeves for her.

So sorry to hear about your loss, Thora. :hug:

No it's a real ad! I heard about it quite awhile ago, but this is the first image I've found. I posted an article in both the news article and Ali threads.

I wanted to post this fri night but signal probs...

Wow... between that picture of Edge doing the backbend and all of the rain photos/videos... I'm pretty sure I got pregnant just from looking at all of these. I'll name one of the little Edgelings "Rain".

Dear Santa, I have been very g... err... I've been good... err... I've been pretty decent this year. Could you maybe ask someone to post a video to u2.com of the boys boarding the plane after this show and stripping off those wet clothes? And I would also like a pony. Thanks!

this post is full of win! :lmao::lmao:

even if someone else re-posted this in this thread it's good enuff for a double Encore!:lol::wink:

I know you don't want to hear it, VP, but Mad Men was really awesome tonight. The more pathetic Don gets, the more sympathetic I am to him. Ha! He was always despicable, but I needed his downward slide to actually make him likable to me.

I hope they do something interesting with Betty, because she used to be an actually interesting character, and now they've just moved towards protraying her like a stone cold bitch with no redeeming qualities. I can only assume they have more up their sleeves for her.

I ended up watching it at 1 am (gave me time to lick my Lost wounds :wink: ) and I thought it was one of the worst episodes of the entire series. I'm having the opposite reaction to Don's downward spiral, it's becoming quite painful to watch. And none of the b-plots were that interesting to me, either. Bleh.

I find Jon Hamm about 20x more attractive as himself than when he's playing Draper, as I noticed while watching him on the Emmys. I liked him on 30 Rock, too. As Don, not so much.

Sorry to hear of your sad loss, Thora... :hug:

And I hope those Globe/King's College people pull their socks up, Zooey! :hug:

Can't keep up with the thread these days! *L* Still no netz at home... want to try to sort that out this week.... maybe. Well, I definitely want to, but whether I'll have time is a whole 'nother matter. :crack:

:wave: Morning Wild............where did you hear that rumour?

I hope its true :hyper:

For those people many pages back while I was in bed who wanted Larry in glasses............

nasa2a.jpg

nasa1.jpg

Not wearing glasses but :drool:

nasa2c.jpg

and those sexy hands twiddling with a pen.........:drool:

nasa2d.jpg

Yes we all like a bit of Larry........powerful arms, muscley chest, firm abs, great bone structure...but too skinny legs :sexywink:

Found the gossip:

U2place this morning have posted this!

Its in Italian, so to briefly translate, it says "various members of the tour crew have told members of u2place, who are in Vienna preparing for tonights show, that the tour will likely finish in 2011 in Europe. A new album in the last months of 2010 is almost confirmed, specifically November/December. Meanwhile the 360 tour should finish in Europe with some dates in England and other locations, with Paris and Belfast being talked about. With regards a date in Ireland, they are in search of a location outside of Dublin, seeing as the last shows at Croke Park had various logistical problems" It then goes on to say-treat as a rumour etc...

:hyper:

:coocoo:
I was wondering the other day if people go see bands when they don't know the names of the members. But then I went to see Hot Hot Heat the other night and I don't know any of their names. But to post on a fan forum when you don't know their names seems a little silly. Esp. this one, where, if you read around a bit, you'll see how anal everyone is! :lol:

That's exactly my point. I mean, I only know the name of Snow Patrol's singer, but if I were to go to a fan board I sure as hell would look the names up rather than admitting I don't know their names! :lol:

And to claim that the one whose name you don't even know does not matter to the band? Ridiculous. :|

Btw.

NO hangover! :yippie: Though I did drink a lot of water this time, and slept till nearly noon, I've no headache. Whee!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom