PGP: Appreciating the men behind the boys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In 1974 my life goal was to marry Elton John.

:lmao:

:lmao: !!!! Kinda looking in the wrong direction, there.

But that makes me stop and think - it was SO obvious!! Why didn't we know till he officially came out? Wasn't that in the 80s, or something?? :lol:

And yeah, in 74 I would have been kind of young to realize that, but I mean society in general.

Elton John was one of the first 45s I ever bought on my own. Someone Saved My Life Tonight. :heart: I think I was 8 or 9. :)

Sarah and I saw him a few years ago. Such a phenomenal performer, I'd see him again in a heartbeat. In fact, I'd like him to be my gay bff, sigh. :heart:

He was funny on SNL. I loved that song Kiss The Bride. Little did I know the bride was male. My 12 year old self couldn't wrap my head around that.
I have had 2,quick beers and to quote Michael Stipe 'I feel fine'. As I'm sure does Bono in the pictures. :drool:

:lmao: !!!! Kinda looking in the wrong direction, there.

But that makes me stop and think - it was SO obvious!! Why didn't we know till he officially came out? Wasn't that in the 80s, or something?? :lol:

And yeah, in 74 I would have been kind of young to realize that, but I mean society in general.

Elton John was one of the first 45s I ever bought on my own. Someone Saved My Life Tonight. :heart: I think I was 8 or 9. :)

Sarah and I saw him a few years ago. Such a phenomenal performer, I'd see him again in a heartbeat. In fact, I'd like him to be my gay bff, sigh. :heart:

I know right? In 1974 his Greatest Hits came out and I played that record to death. I think he came out a couple years later, and my first thought was well there goes the wedding. :grumpy:

I know right? In 1974 his Greatest Hits came out and I played that record to death. I think he came out a couple years later, and my first thought was well there goes the wedding. :grumpy:

Poor young Comet! :therethere: :lol:

I couldn't decide! What's an epic packing song? (Walk On would be amusing...)

I Will Follow? :shifty:

Nice! He IS phenomenal in concert. I can't remember which years I saw him live, but both times they were amazing shows. :love:

Oh, how long ago?? We saw him in....'08, I think? And he hadn't lost a thing. I was shocked at how much I enjoyed it. I mean, I knew I loved him, but I expected it to be more of a nostalgia thing, but no, it was a legitimately kickass show. :up: In my top three performers of all time.

Poor young Comet! :therethere: :lol:

I Will Follow? :shifty:

Oh, how long ago?? We saw him in....'08, I think? And he hadn't lost a thing. I was shocked at how much I enjoyed it. I mean, I knew I loved him, but I expected it to be more of a nostalgia thing, but no, it was a legitimately kickass show. :up: In my top three performers of all time.

I have absolutely NO idea when they were so I just googled and found this amazing page. :D

Eltonography.com: Elton John Concerts and Tours

hang on I'm gonna see if I can figure it out. :lol:

Ha, just was thinking about older bands and concerts I've been to. Another that would be in my top 5 would be The Who, and I didn't see them till...08 or 09?

This is probably a really old person thing to say, but a lot of those from way back then have more stage presence, performance skills and just sheer coolness in their little fingers than many current bands have in their whole bodies.

The one current exception I can see, someone I've never seen (but came oh so close last year, if it wasn't for Sarah's broken leg :sad: ) is Arcade Fire. Their live show looks amazing. :drool:

OMG you guise, I am buzzed and I'm excited because my job is organizing a trip to Six Flags at the end of the month! :hyper: I've never been and I wanna goooooooo.

Oh and I love me some Tiny Dancer. And Benny and the Jets. :rockon: :heart:

Okay, first of all, I guess it was '06 when we saw him, not '08. It doesn't have the details up for our show, but here's the one he played the night before in Toronto. Ours was very similar.

Elton John Concert Details: 4 November 2006

Cool :D

Mine were 1980 and 1998. No details on my shows either but there are the details on the shows a day later or earlier.

http://www.eltonography.com/cgi-bin/show_concert.cgi?DATE=1980-10-24

Elton John Concert Details: 21 August 1998

Unfortunately I can't remember if the same songs were played. :reject: I just remember having a fabulous time and singing along with every song!

OK, because you ladies got Elton stuck in my head, I decided to youtube Bennie and the Jets(I spelled Bennie wrong before,lol). Someone covered it on American Idol. It was not pretty. :|

Cool :D

Mine were 1980 and 1998. No details on my shows either but there are the details on the shows a day later or earlier.

Elton John Concert Details: 24 October 1980

Elton John Concert Details: 21 August 1998

Unfortunately I can't remember if the same songs were played. :reject: I just remember having a fabulous time and singing along with every song!

I actually wrote down the whole setlist while we were there - we were in seats, and I wanted to report it. :reject: And I posted it in B&C, but the search function doesn't seem to go back that far. :scream:

Transformers 3 may be the best movie I've seen all year.

PLUS I got to hear NEW U2 music. In the movie. I was so pleased. I nearly had a happy moment.... which would have been bad, because I was sitting next to my father.

I missed Jem? :(

Sarah is getting me to watch more Dr. Who. I've watched all of the current season so far, and now we're going back and watching the first episodes of when Matt Smith took over. I think we're starting...his 4th episode?

When I first saw him, I was like "omg, he has the head of a circus freak!!!" Now I'm "he's kinda hot, in a dorky way." :hmm: How did that happen?? :lol:

I love me some Dr Who! Seriously love that show! And I know what you mean about Matt Smith.

And packing's not the easy thing,
When the only baggage you can bring,
Is all that you can carry on.
:lol::lol::lol:

OMG you guise, I am buzzed and I'm excited because my job is organizing a trip to Six Flags at the end of the month! :hyper: I've never been and I wanna goooooooo.

Oh and I love me some Tiny Dancer. And Benny and the Jets. :rockon: :heart:

Cool! :D

I can remember when Benny and the Jets was like the only song played by every radio station all day every day. :lol:

My daughters wanted to go see him too so bad when he was here last year, but it fell on a Comic-con night. We even had it in our minds to wait and decide up to the very last minute and just go to the venue and try and get tickets at the door, but we were so beat after the full day at CC we didn't go. Next time for sure!

And I know what you mean about Matt Smith.

It's bizarre, isn't it? He's the polar opposite of conventionally attractive. And yet one you get used to the shape of his head, you're all "Matt Smith as The Doctor!11!!!" :love:

I was serious about the "how did this happen" thing. I dunno. It crept up on me. Weird.

It's bizarre, isn't it? He's the polar opposite of conventionally attractive. And yet one you get used to the shape of his head, you're all "Matt Smith as The Doctor!11!!!" :love:

I was serious about the "how did this happen" thing. I dunno. It crept up on me. Weird.

Exactly my feelings. I go through fan pages sometimes to look at promos, and the more I look at promos, the more I :heart:.

My kids are totally gaga over him VP. :wink:

Funny as well, where he played isn't that far away from me, but the venue is in the downtown area, and by the time you get there with traffic, it's like 45 minutes for most concerts. I guess because the Elton John demographic is a bit older than most shows I go to, more of them drove, and traffic was NUTS. By the time we got parked and got into the arena and were approaching our seats, the opening notes of Love Lies Bleeding/Funeral For A Friend were starting. I never would have forgiven myself if I'd missed that.

Exactly my feelings. I go through fan pages sometimes to look at promos, and the more I look at promos, the more I :heart:.

I've only watched a handful of episodes, relatively speaking, but
with the River reveal, I'm like "I need more...NAO!!!" :crazy:

My kids are totally gaga over him VP. :wink:

I swear they share DNA with Sarah. :wink: We MUST be related in some way!

Sarah loves Amy too (as do I!) and wants to be in a group relationship with Matt Smith, Amy and Rory. I don't even know, I didn't ask about it. :lol:

I only have Elton John's greatest hits album (I think you sent it to me, VP), but I listen to it all the time. :up: I've never seen him in concert before, but I'm sure it would be awesome! His songs are just so damn catchy.

I remember listening to Crocodile Rock all the time when my brother and I were kids - we had whatever album that song was on on vinyl. I think we wore that record out from playing it so much. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom