PGP - Anatomically Correct Plushies!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VintagePunk said:

If you look around the mouse, there should be a button...my computer is a compaq, and above the touch pad, there is a thin, rectangular button that you can push to lock/unlock the touchpad.

If you can't find it, tell me the brand of your computer, and I'll try to look it up for you. :hug:

It's a Toshiba.

daygloeyes2 said:
I am a fucking moron. :banghead: I somehow locked the mouse on my laptop. :huh: Can anyone help me?

I'm typing this because I've had to hit tab many times. :lol:

That used to happen sometimes for no reason on my old POS (POS = Piece of Shit) laptop.

How did I solve that problem ....

:hmm:

well, I did buy a much better laptop last winter. :giggle:

Seriously, however. Can you still open up My Computer and try opening up whatever program controls your mouse to see if you can correct the problem from there? Or reboot your computer?

VintagePunk said:

If you look around the mouse, there should be a button...my computer is a compaq, and above the touch pad, there is a thin, rectangular button that you can push to lock/unlock the touchpad.

If you can't find it, tell me the brand of your computer, and I'll try to look it up for you. :hug:

jobob looks at her Hewlett-Packard, sees funky rounded oval button above mouse/touchpad as if for the first time ...

Oh, so that's what that is and what it's there for? Good to know. Thanks, VP! :up:

jobob said:

jobob looks at her Hewlett-Packard, sees funky rounded oval button above mouse/touchpad as if for the first time ...

Oh, so that's what that is and what it's there for? Good to know. Thanks, VP! :up:

I had an old, piece of crap IBM Thinkpad before this, and I think the mouselock button was around the clicky buttons on that, too (for moving the cursor, it had a red ball in the middle of the keyboard, nothing as sophisticated as a touch pad).

jobob said:

That used to happen sometimes for no reason on my old POS (POS = Piece of Shit) laptop.

How did I solve that problem ....

:hmm:

well, I did buy a much better laptop last winter. :giggle:

Seriously, however. Can you still open up My Computer and try opening up whatever program controls your mouse to see if you can correct the problem from there? Or reboot your computer?

I already tried opening up the controls. It did nothing. :sigh:

What exactly is rebooting? Is it just re-starting your comp? Or different? I never knew. :reject:

VintagePunk said:

I had an old, piece of crap IBM Thinkpad before this, and I think the mouselock button was around the clicky buttons on that, too (for moving the cursor, it had a red ball in the middle of the keyboard, nothing as sophisticated as a touch pad).

My former HP Pavilion would have been better if I had ever bothered to upgrade the memory from its laughable 16mb -- and if it had had just about any other operating system than :censored: Windows Me. If I ever meet Bill Gates, it had better not be in a dark alley. He needs to be severely hurt for making people suffer through WinMe. Windows XP is far better and much more stable.

daygloeyes2 said:

I already tried opening up the controls. It did nothing. :sigh:

What exactly is rebooting? Is it just re-starting your comp? Or different? I never knew. :reject:

It's restarting your computer, basically.

Rebooting used to be my office's all-purpose solution to computer crashes back in the bad old days when our computers ran Windows 98. Now we have Windows XP Professional.

Have you noticed I really like Windows XP? :wink:
I really, really don't want to switch from it to whatever new OS Microsoft's about to introduce ... <sigh>

DG, I'm on the Toshiba site and I have the specs for a laptop pulled up (not your model, ubt unless yours is old, it's probably very similar) and I don't see anything in the diagram that looks like the mouse lock button on mine...is there something on the F-keys (above them) that looks like one of them night lock the mouse (by hitting the key along with the control button)??

jobob said:

It's restarting your computer, basically.

Rebooting used to be my office's all-purpose solution to computer crashes back in the bad old days when our computers ran Windows 98. Now we have Windows XP Professional.

Have you noticed I really like Windows XP? :wink:
I really, really don't want to switch from it to whatever new OS Microsoft's about to introduce ... <sigh>
I like XP a lot better, too. :up:

DG, this is what I'm looking at, if you can get there (not that it's overly helpful)...

http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/product/pdf_files/detailed_specs/satellite_A75-S211.pdf

Last edited:
Okay, we might be getting somewhere. I found a site that has user manuals....what is the name of your computer. For example, there are some that are called Toshiba Satellite...

Oh the hell with it :wink:

This isn't a cap, but I don't want to post it to fanfic - the background on this being that I'm in an RPG where my character was dating :adam: for a while before he broke her heart. This little vignette was written in mid-March, while the band was in Vancouver for rehearsals (and an hour after I posted it I got asked to take it down, as the person playing Adam told me that Adam was about to end things between our pups :mad: )

The sound of the alarm wakes Cate, and she finds herself in bed alone - not unusual these past few days since she arrived from LA, given Adam's early meetings and rehearsals for the tour. The alarm itself, however, is. She rolls over to check the time and finds a note taped over the clock. Good morning love - there will be a car waiting for you downstairs at 11:00 to bring you to the arena. Don't be late! Love, Adam. She lifts the note to find the clock reading 10:00am and chuckles. "Smartarse," Cate mutters affectionately to herself before heading for the shower.

Once the car arrives she's directed down a long hallway with an unusually high ceiling, noting a faded remnant of a sign reading "Vancouver Grizzlies Basketball Club". Well, that explains the ceiling, Cate chuckles to herself. Just as she passes another sign reading "Vancouver Canucks" she hears the very familiar notes of the opening guitar riff to "Vertigo", and by the time Bono gets to "The lights go down" she's just inside the doorway of the room where rehearsal's going on, practically bouncing. Confident she can't be seen - even though it's not the main arena floor the room is quite large - she moves to where she can see Adam clearly and then sings along softly, watching him the whole time, unable to keep from dancing. Her mind drifts a bit to the night before as she watches, remembering his hands moving over her like they are on the bass, gifted fingers knowing where to tou-

"Did you enjoy that, love?"

It's Bono's voice, and her eyes open when did they close? to find him grinning at her from behind the mic stand. She blushes, then goes even redder when she sees that Edge and Larry are laughing and applauding. OOPS. Cate shakes her head, laughing at herself. "Of course I did," she calls back, still laughing as she moves toward the front of the room. "I'm getting my own private concert!"

VintagePunk said:
Okay, we might be getting somewhere. I found a site that has user manuals....what is the name of your computer. For example, there are some that are called Toshiba Satellite...

That's my computer! :hyper:

"The Fn button plus the F9 button can be used as a shortcut to enable or disable the touchpad."

If that doesn't work, there are also instructions about using the control panel.

*fingers crossed*

The freakin' manual is nearly 300 pages long. :yikes: :lol:

Drea, nice! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom