Pearl Jam Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yes, another slow day (actually just hanging in the office with nothing to do after hours because i have to be somewhere else and can't go home and you don't really care so i'll shut up)...

just made a playlist on my ipod with live versions of every song on every album... only had to buy one more bootleg to make it work, too. :hi5:

May 15, 2010 Hartford, CT, XL Arena

Set List: Unthought Known, Corduroy, Do The Evolution, Got Some, Severed Hand, Dissident, Low Light, Amongst The Waves, Even Flow, Nothingman, Johnny Guitar, I Got Shit, Jeremy, Daughter/WMA, Satan's Bed, Lukin, Gonna See My Friend

1st encore: Just Breathe, Speed of Sound, State of Love and Trust, Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love (Van Halen), Porch

2nd encore: The Fixer, Crazy Mary, Alive, Indifference, All Along the Watchtower

Nice! A Backspacer-heavy setlist, also featuring gems like Satan's Bed, Nothingman, State of Love and Trust and that whole 2nd encore is pretty great stuff.

May 17, 2010 Boston, Massachusetts, TD Garden

Set List: Release, Animal, The Fixer, In My Tree, Small Town, Force Of Nature, Given To Fly, Sad, Unthought Known, Pilate, Hail Hail, Push Me, Pull Me, Even Flow, Undone, Not For You, Red Mosquito, Got Some, State Of Love And Trust, Why Go

1st encore: Bee Girl, Just Breathe, Love, Reign O’er Me, Rival, Save You, Rearviewmirror

2nd encore: Smile, Wasted Reprise, Better Man/Save It For Later, Soldier Of Love, Crown Of Thorns, Alive, Rockin’ In The Free World

Wow.

And the setlist on paper doesn't even properly convey what went on in that building last night. Epic is not a strong enough word.

Headache, don't even bother going to Newark tonight...they have nothing left in the tank.

Man what a friggin show.
I've seen some great shows by Pearl Jam, and this one settles in pretty high on the list.

(Hey U2, see these setlists? Yeah, didn't think so.)

May 17, 2010 Boston, Massachusetts, TD Garden

Set List: Release, Animal, The Fixer, In My Tree, Small Town, Force Of Nature, Given To Fly, Sad, Unthought Known, Pilate, Hail Hail, Push Me, Pull Me, Even Flow, Undone, Not For You, Red Mosquito, Got Some, State Of Love And Trust, Why Go

1st encore: Bee Girl, Just Breathe, Love, Reign O’er Me, Rival, Save You, Rearviewmirror

2nd encore: Smile, Wasted Reprise, Better Man/Save It For Later, Soldier Of Love, Crown Of Thorns, Alive, Rockin’ In The Free World

Wow.

:ohmy:
Wow!
I wouldn't even know where to begin...

the last time i went to a show the night after an "epic" show... the MSG show that ended up on the DVD release... they put on another amazing show the next night, so i'm still holding out hope.

then again i was at both shows, so it was win-win either way, so yea...

i remember talking to my friend before the show about how we guess we wouldn't be seeing crazy mary 'cause they played it the night before, and they ended up opening with crazy mary. so let me just state for the record...

'I GUESS WE WONT' BE SEEING CROWN OF THORNS TONIGHT..." :shifty:

anyone in the NYC area who might want to go tonight to Newark, I have an extra e-ticket that I can e-mail ya... you can pay pal me for it, face value of course.

Was able to upgrade this afternoon so now i'm looking to dump this one off.

e-mail me... Clancy3434@yahoo.com

can meet ya in downtown manhattan as well if you'd prefer. let me know ASAP

Was at last night's show with my sis. It was her first show. Amazing setlist! Eddie and the boys were awesome again! Can't wait for my MSG show on Friday night. :hyper::hyper::hyper:

And the setlist on paper doesn't even properly convey what went on in that building last night. Epic is not a strong enough word.

Headache, don't even bother going to Newark tonight...they have nothing left in the tank.

Man what a friggin show.
I've seen some great shows by Pearl Jam, and this one settles in pretty high on the list.

(Hey U2, see these setlists? Yeah, didn't think so.)

Yep, I pretty much posted the same thing on FB when I got home. Seriously terrific show.

i tell you what... these lads could become my next big favourite band, as in i search out most of their work. there's only a select few artists currently in this group: U2, Pink Floyd, David Bowie and Radiohead.

They certainly didn't mail in Newark:
May 18, 2010 Newark, NJ The Prudential Center

Set List: Of The Girl, Brain Of J, Do The Evolution, The Fixer, Alone, Amongst The Waves, Immortality, In Hiding, Even Flow, Insignificance, Supersonic, Brother, Glorified G, Daughter/Blitzkrieg Bop (The Ramones)/WMA, Unthought Known, Leatherman, Lukin, Once

1st encore: Just Breathe, Footsteps, Inside Job, Got Some, Go

2nd encore: Jersey Girl (Tom Waits), You Are, Whipping, Life Wasted, Alive, Indifference, All Along The Watchtower with Ben Bridwell (Dylan)

Wonderful setlist once more. Heard that the crowd was a little more subdued than usual though.

YouTube - Pearl Jam - Jersey Girl - Prudential Center

great set, really went after it with ... show seemed to fly by because just about everything was an uptempo rocker type. had some great seats, too.

don't know what the "the crowd was subdued" thing is about... i guess it wasn't really that loud, but i was right next to the crowd on mccready's side so i wasn't really paying much attention to the rest of the house.

mike came into the crowd during alive... right in front of me. was awesome :rockon:

great table setter for the MSG shows thursday and friday :drool:

30320_426945675933_775510933_5603648_3331287_n.jpg

30320_426945715933_775510933_5603655_1459741_n.jpg

30320_426945665933_775510933_5603647_5554146_n.jpg

30320_426945690933_775510933_5603651_6279193_n.jpg

30320_426945650933_775510933_5603644_4632235_n.jpg

I've seen Porch and Rockin' all three times, Insignificance once. Breakerfall is one of my biggest wishes as well, but they're not playing that one that often.

Seeing last nights setlist, I so wanted to be in MSG!

May 20, 2010 New York, New York, Madison Square Garden

Set List: Sometimes, Breakerfall, Last Exit, Animal, The Fixer, Severed Hand, Small Town, I Am Mine, Comatose, Force Of Nature, Even Flow, Low Light, Down, I Got ID, Army Reserve (dedicated to Lt. Colonel John McDonough), Insignificance, Unthought Known, Do The Evolution

1st encore: The End (with string quartet), Lukin (with string quartet), Just Breathe (with string quartet), You Are, Love, Reing O’er Me (Townshend) [Ed has crowd wish Pete Townshend “Happy Birthday”], State Of Love And Trust, Once, Porch

2nd encore: Jeremy, Leash, Mankind, Crazy Mary (Williams), I Believe In Miracles (Ramone, Ray) [dedicated to Joey Ramone], Alive, Indifference

Opening with the perfect combo of Sometimes and Breakerfall ( :love: ), including Insignificance, Leash, Mankind and ending with Indifference. I can tolerate Crazy Mary then.

:up:

The longest of the MSG sets I believe... Love seeing Breakerfall on there. The setlist doesn't seem as amazing as Boston or Newark, but I'm sure the performance and the crowd energy made that point moot.

Back
Top Bottom