Our Man of the Year

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
u2granny said:
007c4395.jpg

Does anyone know how to read that equation? Or where the pic was taken?

DATA = Yes, I know what "Data" is, that one is pretty obvious, but the other two?

B = Bono? :scratch:

MIT = Massachusetts Institute of Technology? :scratch:

:help:

kellyahern said:

Airs: Sunday, December 18 at 8 a.m., 2 p.m., 8 p.m., and 11 p.m. ET

Thank you Kelly! *runs to tape in 5 minutes*

I'm so excited about this... proud for him and (selfishly, I admit) validated in my obsession, LOL.

PD

:heart: :bono: :heart:

u2granny said:

Professor Bono :drool: I've always wondered what his handwriting looked like, aside from his signature. I wish this take-home exam I'm working on was for him!

It of course goes without saying that I'm immensely proud of Bono. Think of all the attention this is going to draw to the One Campaign and Data! :applaud:

My new boss that has worked and knows Jeffrey Sachs, now comes in and "talks Bono" with me -- and I think that's way cool.

Congratulations, Bono! Glad he finally has been officially recognized in a big, big way for what he does.

kellyahern said:

Airs: Sunday, December 18 at 8 a.m., 2 p.m., 8 p.m., and 11 p.m. ET

What's the program actually called? "CNN Presents"? I'm on the west coast so it's always wonky figuring out the show timings on channels like CNN.

Merc said:

MIT = Massachusetts Institute of Technology? :scratch:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that would be it. Whenever I hear of M.I.T. they're usually referring to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

The next showing of CNN Presents will be at 7:00pm EST due to the address that Pres. Bush will give at 9:00pm EST.

CNN thinks it needs an hour before the address to talk about it.:laugh:

just watched the CNN special- it made me so proud to be a U2 fan! :up:

congratulations to Bono, and the Gateses, for being recognized for all their hard work. :heart:

many congrats to Bono, he deserves it so much :up:

if I could, I'd give him a hug right now :hug:

thanks for the updates on the CNN times everyone :bow: :bow:

Achtung_Meggie said:
bc1a3d55.jpg

Khelia's in this one! Is she on PLEBA or Interference?

Look, you can see the GA numbers on people's hands. :)

oh good lord, part of her head IS in there! :giggle: she reads Pleba all the time, but rarely posts... i'll be sure to let her know about the pic though- thanks for the heads up. :)

love that the Empire State building is in the background of that shot, btw... :heart: Bono :heart:

BonoIsMyMuse said:

Professor Bono :drool: I've always wondered what his handwriting looked like, aside from his signature. I wish this take-home exam I'm working on was for him!

It of course goes without saying that I'm immensely proud of Bono. Think of all the attention this is going to draw to the One Campaign and Data! :applaud:

You should get the HTDAAB book, it's full of texts written by Bono in his hand-writing.

But getting back to the actual interview in the Times... I love the describtion the author gives of Bonos physique "he swings his arms wide when he walks, so he looks open and soft, like a pillow in cowboy hat." :drool: And the perfect place for me to rest my weary head!!:combust:

an_cat said:
I just saw that on the news! Great start to my day, I was hoping and hoping he'd get it. :up:

(But my only confusion is: if Bill and Melinda Gates are married, why's Bono between them?:huh: )

:lol: just wondering the same and guess what?? I think it's gotta be Bono's height :laugh: He's shorter than Bil but taller than Melinda. Nevertheless, it does look weird

Congrats to Bono too :applaud:

And Bill congrats too, but he can make Windows a little less expensive... :yikes: :wink:

*Ally* said:

oh good lord, part of her head IS in there! :giggle: she reads Pleba all the time, but rarely posts... i'll be sure to let her know about the pic though- thanks for the heads up. :)

She's world-famous! First the Chicago dvd, and now this.

Back
Top Bottom