Once.... a small film but getting a lot of attention..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
got_edge said:
The DVD is being released in the UK next week and in the US in December.

I'm going to (hopefully) see them in GA!

Awesome news on both fronts! :yippie: <<< like using this new smilie... :D

thanks for the news on the DVD!

got_edge said:
Yay! Now that I watched the movie I can join in on the fun!

I just found out what Markéta's Czech translates to in response to "Do you love [your husband]" ...and I cried like a little girl (not really). I'm going to see it again tonight :sad:

what was it?

I'm seeing it again on Tuesday :D

:sad:

God I LOVED this movie, saw it in the cinema here about 3/4 weeks ago. Saw Glen play with Frames supporting Bob Dylan about 2 months ago and man I wish he had played his own show, they were just fucking brilliant. This movie has just stayed with me so much since then.

got_edge said:
The DVD is being released in the UK next week and in the US in December.

I just did a small online search and it seems the DVD isn't being released in the UK next week. It's being released in theaters from October 19th. So no DVD yet... :(
(BTW, it is correct that the US DVD will come out in December).

Also, I noticed that the movie was released in the Netherlands about 2 weeks ago. I think I have to hurry to catch it here. It's only showing in 3 theaters at the moment...

for those who don't venture into Just the Bang and the Clatter..

"Falling Slowly" is up for a Grammy in feb. '08.

:yippie:

:pray: real hard that they win it. This is such a beautiful song, best of the year I think and it SO DESERVES THE AWARD! :D

update:

they are up for 2 awards.... :D

Best Compilation Soundtrack Album For Motion Picture, Television Or Other Visual Media
(Award to the Artist(s) and/or Producer(s) of a majority of the tracks on the album, or to the individual(s) actively responsible for the concept and musical direction and for the selection of artists, songs and producers, as applicable.)

Once
Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova
[Canvasback/Columbia/Sony Music Soundtrax]

Best Song Written For Motion Picture, Television Or Other Visual Media
(A Songwriter(s) award. For a song (melody & lyrics) written specifically for a motion picture, television or other visual media, and released for the first time during the Eligibility Year. (Artist names appear in parentheses.) Singles or Tracks only.)

Falling Slowly (From Once)
Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova, songwriters (Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova)
[Canvasback/Columbia/Sony Music Soundtrax; Publisher: Copyright Control]

Last edited:
martha said:
Is it too late for that lovely song to get an Oscar nomination? Is it the correct year for that?

It's not too late for the movie to get Oscar nominations (and I hope they will). However, I think that the song Falling Slowly will not eligible for it. It also appeared on the album Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova did together (The Swell Season) and on The Cost by The Frames (whose version I prefer). So it's probably not a song written specifically for the movie and thus not eligible.
But maybe another song...

Popmartijn said:

It's not too late for the movie to get Oscar nominations (and I hope they will). However, I think that the song Falling Slowly will not eligible for it. It also appeared on the album Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova did together (The Swell Season) and on The Cost by The Frames (whose version I prefer). So it's probably not a song written specifically for the movie and thus not eligible.

yep... I think it will get nominated for an Oscar... The buzz for this film was huge. I agree too that Falling Slowly probably won't get it but another will. The whole soundtrack was great..:drool:

Popmartijn said:

The Hill
emo.gif
emo.gif

On Saturday I saw the movie again (in a small theatre). The second time was just as impressive as the first. Maybe even more.

:bow:

Popmartijn said:
On Saturday I saw the movie again (in a small theatre). The second time was just as impressive as the first. Maybe even more.

:bow:

you are just so lucky to get to see it in the theater twice...:sad:

it was in and out of here so fast... grr..

update...

I got my copy today! :yippie:

Now I have to wait to watch it with the hubby who hasn't seen it either..
:waiting:

Last edited:
RavenBlue said:
My mum sent me this from Ireland. I just watched it last night.. :heart: What a wonderful movie/musical!

aww how nice of her! I am so in love with this movie.. it was terrific! Am so glad I have a copy.. I sent my mom a copy of it for xmas, haven't heard back on what she thought but I am sure she will thoroughly enjoy it...

The soundtrack its spectacular! :D

80th Academy Awards
Announced Categories

Achievement in music written for motion pictures (Original song)
"Falling Slowly" from "Once" (Fox Searchlight) Music and Lyric by Glen Hansard and: Marketa Irglova
"Happy Working Song" from "Enchanted" (Walt Disney): Music by Alan Menken; Lyric by Stephen Schwartz
"Raise It Up" from "August Rush" (Warner Bros.): Nominees to be determined
"So Close" from "Enchanted" (Walt Disney): Music by Alan Menken; Lyric by Stephen Schwartz
"That's How You Know" from "Enchanted" (Walt Disney): Music by Alan Menken; Lyric by Stephen Schwartz

Enchanted will cancel itself out and August Rush sucked... WINNAR!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom