On the road with Rattle and Hum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zooropamanda

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I finally watched Rattle and Hum DVD i got for Xmas.
I know there's been a heap of threads about it but I still have lil thoughts and questions about this amazing film.
I always find new things to comment on everytime I see it.

*1st verse of In God's Country, side on view of Bono with his guitar and he's shaking.
Adm comes inot shot with his guitar, shaking.
Then we see Edge with his guitar, and he's shaking too.
3 guitar boys a shakin in the black and white mist. It just looks really funny, check it out.

*BAD/Ruby Tuesday/Sympathy for the Devil, on the 1st "pleased to meet you", Bono swings down and the amount of sweat/water/liquid that flicks up in the air is phenominal.

*Is it just me or is the start of Streets feel just like when Dorothy steps onto the Yellow Brick Road?

*What are Edge, Adam and larry truly thinking while Bono is writing the graffiti?

hmmm...i shall stop. I could write an essay on this film, its truly intriguing.

------------------
And if there is a God
I know he likes to Rock

Slane/Lon tour pics

For me it's more like when she opens the door and the whole world turns to color!!
smile.gif

------------------

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
*BAD/Ruby Tuesday/Sympathy for the Devil, on the 1st "pleased to meet you", Bono swings down and the amount of sweat/water/liquid that flicks up in the air is phenominal.

I used to watch that in slow motion...and force my friends to do the same...*lol*
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Baby...can we still be friends?"

Originally posted by zooropamanda:

*1st verse of In God's Country, side on view of Bono with his guitar and he's shaking.
Adm comes inot shot with his guitar, shaking.
Then we see Edge with his guitar, and he's shaking too.
3 guitar boys a shakin in the black and white mist. It just looks really funny, check it out.
Hey! that's one of my favourite shots! They aren't "shaking" *ahem* they're grooooving, baby... all pounding out the beat, and I think it's beautiful.

hmmm...i shall stop. I could write an essay on this film, its truly intriguing.
no, go ahead, riff away. that's why we're here.
biggrin.gif
Seriously.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Deb D

------------------
He set my feet upon a rock
made my footsteps firm

the greatest frontman in the world -- by truecoloursfly: http://www.atu2.com/news/article.src?ID=1575

Oh during All along the watchtower watch the group of men in the background (this is around the time the edge moves over to the black box thing, near the start of the song) one of these guys is talking on a mobile phone......and its HUGE...like a shoebox LMAO
biggrin.gif

oh one more thing...i love this movie...before they play with bb king when they are all talking and larry tells adam and bono 2 keep looking at him cus edge is on a cmopletely different timescale....the camera faces edge...a few mins later he smiles....its adorable (the edge is watching adam wiping the sweat from his brow
wink.gif
)

I think one of my favourite parts is when Bono meets BB King and they go over the lyrics to 'When Love Comes to Town' and BB says to Bono- "Those are pretty heavy lyrics for a young guy" or something like that, and Bono just smile and says thx or something. But it's the look on Bono's face -> no matter how famous he is, he still gets star struck and you could see the admiration he has for BB. It's cool.

oh oh i have more rattle and hum moments...cus i think they are mean to the edge in it...aaaw
biggrin.gif

When Bono is talking to B.B. King the edge jsut sits there and is nice and quiet aw and then BB says oh im no good at chords bono says awk sure edge will do that for you, dont worry about it, he should have said Edge is great with chords, he shall show you

When they are playing Exit edge has this look on his face of sheer concentration, its so cute

And when he slides down the hill bono tells him "Yo edge thumb a lift there" (i always thought it was go live there!!!) aaaw

biggrin.gif

*follower thinks that bono-vox loves Edge
biggrin.gif

Okay, now a Larry moment...His lost-in-space look after having said that Elvis shouldn?t have been buried in Graceland?s backyard...priceless.

Or his "perfect definition" for the movie itself..."it?s a musical journey" LOL

I might come up with some others later...another Rattle and Hum movie lover
biggrin.gif

------------------
"To me a rock and roll concert is 3-D, it?s a physical thing - it?s rhythm for the body. It?s a mental thing in that it should be intellectually challenging. But it?s also a spiritual thing, because it?s a community, it?s people agreeing on something, even if it?s only for an hour and a half." (Bono, as quoted in the book U2 The Road to Pop)

While playin SBS he looks up (larry)...the look on his face is soooo lovely
biggrin.gif
...its like drum playing sooo easy

(I am a Larry lover too follower
biggrin.gif
)

OH its a musical journey aaaaw and when he mocks adam

Oh and when hes siting on the elvis motorbike
biggrin.gif
yummmy
smile.gif

oh and when they play i still havent found...he comes in saying my own conga my very own conga....love his accent
smile.gif

Rattle and Hum.....
biggrin.gif

I *loveth*

*** Larry's excitement at the whole Elvis experience

***LARRY'S SOCK INCIDENT!!!
biggrin.gif

***Bono's wink before they go on stage -- I don't remember what song it's before

*** Edge sliding down the hill
smile.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
LOVE me, give me SOUL

You give your life for rock n' roll

* A wink and a thumbs up to be exact

*"If I had feet like those, Lawrence, I wouldn't want them on film "
"If I head a head like yours I'd bleedin bury it"

*Simply how gorgeous Adam looks right throughout the film.

*Exit..Bono goes nuts with his guitar near the drumkit. I think he's trying to murder the poor thing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom