Okay..My 7-year-old is a huge U2 fan and...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RiverToTheSea

Babyface
...he was sitting here listening to me talk about the tour. He really wants to go to the concert. He listens to Elevation all the time and knows every word of every song from Live from Red Rocks album! Hey..the kids got good taste!

I do recall seeing an even younger child at the last tour. He was on his dad's shoulders..on the floor (GA)...just a short way from the stage. He was wearing ear plugs and that kid was into it the entire time.

I'm thinking I'll take my son. It would be an incredible experience for him. Now..to just keep him from drowning in GA! I don't think I can carry him on my shoulders!

Cannot wait till 2005!

--W

I think you'd be fine taking a kid over 6 or 7 to U2, but I wouldn't do GA, especially if you want to be close. The GA wait (especially depending on the weather) can be hard on a healthy 20 yr. old, yet alone a kid. Even if someone brought the kid later, the call to take your chairs ect. to your cars etc. and get in a proper, standing line that NO ONE can cut into can start 2 or more hours before they even let you in the doors.

No offense to you child having people, but c'mon 7 is a bit young for a rock concert. Rock concerts no matter who the artist is or where you are sitting are not child friendly enviroments.

If the kid has a terrible expierience, you will have a terrible expierience.

I say take the little guy. He'll be able to make the claim that he saw the Atomic Bomb Tour twenty years from now. Nobody will probably believe him, but at least he'll know.

My Dad got me into U2 at the age of 3, I was dressing up as Bono with shades & cowboy hats and a microphon stand/guitar with me I sang Rattle & Hum, from Helter Skelter through to All I Want Is You and I finally saw them in 2001 at Slane Castle, and it was a great experience seeing them at an early stage of my life (I was 13), but 7 (or 8 by next year) would be so cool, take him, and enjoy every minute for the rest of your lives...I know I am

uwwedoogie said:
My Dad got me into U2 at the age of 3, I was dressing up as Bono with shades & cowboy hats and a microphon stand/guitar with me I sang Rattle & Hum, from Helter Skelter through to All I Want Is You and I finally saw them in 2001 at Slane Castle, and it was a great experience seeing them at an early stage of my life (I was 13), but 7 (or 8 by next year) would be so cool, take him, and enjoy every minute for the rest of your lives...I know I am

During the Elevation tour my son, then 6, made me promise to take him next tour...so he'll be 9...mind you he's really big, looks more 12ish..

Dont know if I shared this before but when my son got his Xbox...a while after that I came downstairs one morning to hear Stories For Boys blaring out of the TV....I thought I was missing some U2 concert or something...turns out he had copied most of my U2 CDs onto the Xbox and was using them for radio music while he played Gotham City Racing...the classic was when he was crossing the finish line I heard the following lyric

"...started a landslide, in my ego.."

My hip hoppin kids rock - they love U2 and already are singing along with the new album..I think City of Blinding Lights is my daughters favorite right now...Anthony really digs Vertigo and Miracle Drug..

The funniest part is that their mom, who is at best a casual U2 listener, didn't want me inudating them with U2 only, so I backed off playing it for them, and they've basically taken it upon themselves to listen to the catalogue...gotta love that ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom