ok, can we talk about something else than the Tuesday events? please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
i'm tired of watching threads about it.

------------------
"the beat of every U2 song is the pulse of every human heart"
- Carson Daly, introducing U2

the goal is soul

"be uncool, yes be awkward"

Ok!
biggrin.gif

Lets talk about hugging bears.

hugging.jpg

Arent they just precious?

Its like mourning the death of a loved one...you get over it when you get over it and no amount of scolding from other people will make the grieving process go by any faster.

Some people are grieving...maybe not for the death of loved ones but perhaps for for loss of a feeling of security and innocense...they will get over it *when* they get over it and not one minute before.

I *thought* I was feeling shock and empathy when I first saw the towers on fire...but I wasn't...nothing could prepare me for the sudden break away shot of the Pentagon on fire...that is a building I have driven by and marvelled at...a place 'next door' so to speak. A place where people around me work...the terror and tragedy hit home...I will never ever think of any event like this as 'out there and far away..how sad'...again. If its a car bomb that kills 30 people I will feel it...that sudden loss of peace and security...
I only know a tiny bit of what some of the others in NYC and DC have gone through...and we're not going to get over it any time soon...

If you can move on before we do...fine. Just wait for us...ok. We'll catch up eventually.

dream wanderer

[This message has been edited by dream wanderer (edited 09-13-2001).]

Originally posted by dream wanderer:
Its like mourning the death of a loved one...you get over it when you get over it and no amount of scolding from other people will make the grieving process go by any faster.

Some people are grieving...maybe not for the death of loved ones but perhaps for for loss of a feeling of security and innocense...they will get over it *when* they get over it and not one minute before.

I *thought* I was feeling shock and empathy when I first saw the towers on fire...but I wasn't...nothing could prepare me for the sudden break away shot of the Pentagon on fire...that is a building I have driven by and marvelled at...a place 'next door' so to speak. A place where people around me work...the terror and tragedy hit home...I will never ever think of any event like this as 'out there and far away..how sad'...again. If its a car bomb that kills 30 people I will feel it...that sudden loss of peace and security...
I only know a tiny bit of what some of the others in NYC and DC have gone through...and we're not going to get over it any time soon...

If you can move on before we do...fine. Just wait for us...ok. We'll catch up eventually.

dream wanderer

[This message has been edited by dream wanderer (edited 09-13-2001).]

scolding?!? that is not what this is.

i'm just saying that it is weird&creepy seeing new and new topics about it. and i think i've seen more than i ever wanted to. it's almost like there's nothing else out there BUT it. that's what i meant when i said "tired". we need other things to talk about, some change in here, something else besides the pain and sorrow.

i guess it's hard for me to watch all this grief. i mean, i was shocked to see all that smoke and i thought : "how are they going to get those people out?", and i'm afraid of what's coming next-will America go to war, is there a WW3 in sight...
but it's nothing compared to what people who knew any victims or Americans in general must be feeling...

we are waiting for you. take your time.

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 09-13-2001).]

I think everybody should do whatever helps them the most.

u2girl, why must you make a thread about everything + this?! this is suuch a waste of space. when are you ever going to learn? are you really this vague? if you dont want to read those threads, cause your "tired" about something as horrific as what happened on tuesday, go suck on some toes.

im not trying to be funny this time. you seriously need a head check. you had no involvement (to my knowledge, correct me if im wrong) to what happened, and alot of people here WERE involved. so please do not try to dictate around here.

------------------
-deathbear

Agreed U2girl. That's exactly what the terrorists want - for normal life in the US to stop. The greatest thing we can do as a country is pull together and get on with life!

With that, I just heard a U2 song for the first time that I feel is one of the most incredible songs I have ever heard by U2. I'm going to start a separate post on it right now....

Originally posted by U2girl:

Ok, well, I see your point of view.

But I think its perfectly understandable that people need to vent about this, considering the magnitude of what has happened. And even if it's here, I think that should be accepted.

But may I just say that anyone who doesn't want to read about it any more or discuss it can start their own new topics or just not read those topics.

I think we all should have the right to feel comfortable here to express whatever we want to. I don't think any one but the moderators should have any say in it.

Like someone else said here, U2 fans are so known for their compassion and interest in the world-just like U2 themselves..

yes, of course let's pretend it didn't happen

look, I'm not saying we should only talk about what happened, but to say we should just drop it entirely and talk about something else is just not logical

and I'm so sorry that eveyone is "tired" of seeing and hearing about it, sorry that it puts you out

Don't get me wrong, we will get back at whoever did this, we will not be pushed around, we will get our REVENGE; but to stop your daily activities and let this consume your entire life is just falling into the enemies trap.

I agree that we shouldnt pretend it didnt happen. We shouldnt just stop talking about it. Its just nice to have a couple other threads to go to to get away from it. Otherwise we'll all go completely mad!

frank.gif

------------------
Religious Nuts, Political Fanatics In The Stew
Happily Not Like Me And You
That's where I lost you....

Sicy's Website

I'm sorry, maybe because I live so close to the Pentagon and I have to worry about close friends who have to evacuate from places that have been threatened by bombs... a woman at works husband was only spared at the Pentagon because he was outside on a cigarette break... all that other stuff seems trivial to me, I just don't care about it right now, that's the reality of it for me

Originally posted by Deathbear's Fly Girl:
Ok!
biggrin.gif

Lets talk about hugging bears.

hugging.jpg

Arent they just precious?

yes! too cute!
smile.gif

Gina Marie and Wanderer: i realise that "venting" is needed. but it is also important to not let it consume your life. to get back to normal slowly. the more you think about it, the more depressing you will feel-and terrorists win. don't let them.

------------------

the goal is soul

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 09-13-2001).]

I suppose I can understand those who are closely affected by this...I am in the sense that my country was attacked and I want to make sure that the people responsible are put to death. However, I live in Seattle and am nowhere near the events that took place, so I am not directly affected quite like some of you.

May God bless those of you who had friends, family and associates who were victims of this tragedy. Those responsible are going to get theirs, trust me. The US will not rest until those people and their supporters are identified and destroyed.

Gina Marie and Wanderer: i realise that "venting" is needed. but it is also important to not let it consume your life. to get back to normal slowly.

Oh my God, U2girl seems to be making some sense to me.

eek.gif
Stop the presses!

------------------

Sicy's Website

well I'm glad you consider this to be "venting"

I am glad you think I can just get back to my "normal" life

and just because I am concerned about my country and the world, doesn't mean the terrorists have "won"

if I grow complacent and just learn to "accept" what has hapenned, then the terrorists have won, because it opens the door for more action; can I change what happened? no, but I will never forget it, nor should I

in short, stop telling me how to feel

if you want to start un-related threads, by all means, start them, they are whole-heartedly welcomed; but don't expect me and others to just drop the subject and get back to "business as usual"

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
Oh my God, U2girl seems to be making some sense to me.

eek.gif
Stop the presses!

hmmm-when was i not making sense to you?

i can't imagine what you US people must be going through, especially the ones who knew the victims...and i'm not even going to try and tell you to stop thinking or talking about it. do whatever it is that will help you get through this. you WILL overcome this at your own time and on your own conditions.

BUT-don't let it block your life. don't let it overtake everything. that is exactly what terrorists wanted.

------------------

the goal is soul

Talking about this tragedy is part of the healing process. We need to get our feelings out there, understand and process them.

Yes, we will discuss other topics, but for many of us, this event has completely turned our lives upsides down. It will take us time to right ourselves.

We will never forget this, and it will take a long time before we can return to a "normal" life.

Personally, I have nightmares every night. I can't get it out of my head, so I need to talk about it.

hmmm-when was i not making sense to you?

Um.... everyday. LOL!
biggrin.gif

I can understand both views. Wanderer you every right to feel how you feel. No one should tell anyone what to do or how to feel. Especially since you are so close to the whole situation. I think everyone is on edge right now and any little comment is going to piss people off.
frown.gif
We certainly dont have to accept what has happened. I feel we should definatly retaliate and stand up for our country. There's too much fighting on this forum because of this shit and that pisses me off. We should all be pulling together and supporting each other. There's nothing wrong with a few light-hearted threads to make people smile. Laughter is the best medicine.

------------------

Sicy's Website

Originally posted by Red Ships of Scalla-Festa:
u2girl, why must you make a thread about everything + this?! this is suuch a waste of space. when are you ever going to learn? are you really this vague? if you dont want to read those threads, cause your "tired" about something as horrific as what happened on tuesday, go suck on some toes.

im not trying to be funny this time. you seriously need a head check. you had no involvement (to my knowledge, correct me if im wrong) to what happened, and alot of people here WERE involved. so please do not try to dictate around here.

i was just saying what other people have been expressing too with their threads (SG with her "U2" thread, Johnny Swallow with his "cyber" and "poop" thread, other people introducing some jokes. you didn't have a problem with them, obviusly. but as soon as i do it, everything's wrong).
if trying to get some ligther topics into all this depressing stuff is a crime, i am guilty.

i didn't think you are being funny. not at all. come to think of it, i can't remember when you were ever being funny...

no, i was not involved on a level some people on this forum were (i mean people who knew victims) or on a level Americans as a nation were. i have said that before, and i hope i will never be involved into something like this on that level. i am not dictating anything.

------------------

the goal is soul

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 09-14-2001).]

I didn't mean to imply that anyone here was 'scolding'...I was speaking in general terms...of people who don't understand the grieving process...not of anyone here.

dream wanderer

If you are "TIRED" of reading threads about this national tradgedy, THEN DON'T CLICK ON THE LINK! Your comment was highly insensitive, and very offensive. Everyone has a right to deal with this in their own way, and if getting support from other members on this meesage board is one of those ways, then so be it, and back off.

i was just saying what other people have been expressing too with their threads (SG with her "U2" thread, Johnny Swallow with his "cyber" and "poop" thread, other people introducing some jokes. you didn't have a problem with them, obviusly. but as soon as i do it, everything's wrong).

The difference is, we posted a topic with something funny or happy in it.. All you did was say you were tired of watching threads about it. That's it.

Naturally that sounds kind of harsh.

rude.gif

------------------

Sicy's Website

It is hard to just say to you are tired about hearing about this senseless tragedy when you have friends and famliy who are affected about this. I just learned, and I am thank to God that my cousin who works across the street fron the WTC got out of his building alright. He was right there when it happened. His building is gone also. I cannot even imagine what he is going through. I am sure that he will need time to heal, just like the rest of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom