Official Cricket 09/10 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh man I fucking hope to god the sheep pull this off. They batted so well, and Martin is bowling like a hero. A terrific, old-fashioned, hostile fast bowling spell. The wicket of Dhoni was crucial, but with only three sessions to go I think India/the draw are slight favourites... unless Martin bowls this well tonorrow.

NZ were 2 bowlers short as ryder and bennett were injured
India were boring
just batted on and on to let Harbhajan get 100

negative cricket.

Laxman and Bahji should have been told at lunch "go nuts, we will give you 10 overs to get close to your hundreds. If you are within 15, we'll give you another 5".

gives them 45-50 overs and a buffer of 300

New Zealand batted well but didn't make anywhere near enough runs when there was little in the pitch for the bowlers.

South Africa are absolutely dominating Pakistan... one of the saddest things about the match fixing crap (aside from their keeper now seeking asylum in England because he didn't fix one of the ODIs against the Saffas) is that it has deprived Pakistan (and all of us really) from a great bowling talent in Aamer.

Graeme Smith also now holds the record for most runs & tons as a test skipper, which surprised me! I thought Punter would have had that in the bag.

Nah, Punter took the captaincy 4 or 5 years ago. Smith has been captain since he was about 21.

No-one wanted to do it after the Cronje thing, and he put his hand up. Max respect for Smith, he is a great batsmen, a hard worker, and batting in Sydney with a broken hand won him a whole heap of supporters

yeah i was just thinking after i posted that that Smith must have been captain for a lot longer. i guess you just don't hear about non-Aussie news unless they're playing here. i love him.

now dan regarding that Sydney test - i'm sure you've seen Mitchell Johnson's gatorade ad. it shows him running in to bowl, getting hit for a six, but then the positive payoff at the end of the ad? him bowling Smith in that test. what a fucking joke. that's the big, "Johnson is a superstar" moment? bowling a bloke who was batting with a broken hand (and i thought he had a bad back and/or hamstring as well?) pfft :down:

that was such an awesome series. the bad news is they won't tour here over the summer for the next decade because Australia refuses to play in South Africa over the festive season in return.

one of the saddest things about the match fixing crap ... is that it has deprived Pakistan (and all of us really) from a great bowling talent in Aamer.

Quoted for so much truth.

that was such an awesome series. the bad news is they won't tour here over the summer for the next decade because Australia refuses to play in South Africa over the festive season in return.

You're fucking kidding, right?

I've been hanging out for another South Africa vs Australia series.

Sehwag out for a great 96 v nz
Thought India would be racing ahead when he was there

Only Sachin and Dravid in now... 178/2

Well Gayle is on 313 at tea on the second day against the Sri Lankans... and awesome as that is I can't help but feel for them. The Windies are 3/523, and Gayle was caught on 287... only for the referral system to show that the bowler had marginally overstepped and it was a no-ball. They would feel like crying, the Sri lankans, cricket can be a cruel game.

That said I want to see Gayle beat Lara's 400.

His batting must of been the equivalent of a gale force wind. Against a good team like Sri Lanka, no less.

CRICKET UPDATE!!!!

England bowled Australia A out for 230, Khwaja 13, Ferguson 7, White 5, we were 5/66 until Smith (59) and O'Keefe (66) saved face. Tremlett 4fa.

New South got rolled for 97, Watson and KAtich both single figures. Doherty four overs no wickets. Tassie rolled for 125 in reply, Ponting 7, his third failure in as many innings for Tassie. Bollinger 3/25. could be a bowler's wicket.

SA rolled for 223 by the banana benders. Swan 6fa.

WA 6/319 but Hussey made a duck and North just 17. Herald Sun reports Hussey could be replaced but North is safe which frustrates me greatly as his batting is a liability and his bowling isn't as good as it's made out to be, bowl Katich if you want another option. Mitch Johnson 82. Andrew McDonald 1/22 off 18.3

still tipping Australia to win the series as i'm not convinced the Pommy bowlers will be as effectual here.

We all know that Australia fuckin' well turns up for the big occasions, so I'm willing to bet that even the players currently showing poor form will turn it on come the Ashes.

Tipping England to take it by a hair though.

Can't wait for the Ashes now :hyper:

Not sure how i'm gonna juggle the whole staying up to watch it/having to go to work in the morning though, gonna need a proper plan of action for that.

Don't get Sky at my flat until Friday though :angry:

:wave:

We'll get your pictures but our team commentating on Sky, Davids Lloyd and Gower, Warney, Michael Holding, Nasser Hussain, Botham, Atherton, couple of others maybe. That miserable sod Bob Willis too I guess.

Who commentates for your channel?

Been without internet/sky for 6 weeks now so gonna have to listen to the first two days play on the radio until Friday. Although my new place is literally a one minute walk from Edgbaston and I go past it every day to work so even if we're getting spanked I won't be able to avoid the cricket :lol:

:wave:

We'll get your pictures but our team commentating on Sky, Davids Lloyd and Gower, Warney, Michael Holding, Nasser Hussain, Botham, Atherton, couple of others maybe. That miserable sod Bob Willis too I guess.

Who commentates for your channel?

Been without internet/sky for 6 weeks now so gonna have to listen to the first two days play on the radio until Friday. Although my new place is literally a one minute walk from Edgbaston and I go past it every day to work so even if we're getting spanked I won't be able to avoid the cricket :lol:

I think you'll find Warnie is in our comm box with the usuals, Richie, Bill Lawry & Tony Greig, the sultry tones of Mark Nicholas, the boring Ian Chappell, Slater, Taylor and Healy. David Llyod has a great voice.

Awesome start by us, South Africa lost the first 3 wickets and England just lost their first :D

By the way what is out with Bob Willis? How does such a good fast bowler turn into an irrepressibly boring old man? I've seen him in interviews and he puts me to sleep within 5 seconds of speaking.

the sultry tones of Mark Nicholas

Awesome start by us, South Africa lost the first 3 wickets and England just lost their first :D

Nicholas shits me to tears, in a good way. He can just yammer on for hours that bloke (I love the 12th Man version of him as Austin Powers ...."hmm Smashing Baby!")

Good Call!! :applaud:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom