October 25 - Rose Bowl, Los Angeles Part II (The search for a party suite continues)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My shoes were huddled outside a bank??? :scratch:

Nope -- the Brewers Racing Sausages.

These guys . . .

sausages.jpg

I don't know if anybody has mentioned this, but please look up at the balloons and try to remember where you parked on the golf course. I have forgotten or gotten confused on where I parked on that golf course many times. I have walked miles up and down that golf course (it all looks the same) numerous times searching for my car.

After a few seconds, everything starts looking the same.

Ok gang, we are wondering who is up for a gathering on Saturday. A few of us are looking at places for either drinks and/or dinner in the Pasadena area.
We just need to find out how many people are interested. So please let us know by posting your name here.

Depending on the amount of people going, we can determine the best location.

:)

Ok gang, we are wondering who is up for a gathering on Saturday. A few of us are looking at places for either drinks and/or dinner in the Pasadena area.
We just need to find out how many people are interested. So please let us know by posting your name here.

Zuropa_fit (as long as it's early and you or Nic or Ethan's driving me! :lol: )

I Move in Mysterious Ways (aka Rich)

:wave: Count me and anadgemila in, assuming all goes well on the drive back from Vegas.

I saw the Milwaukee Brewers Racing Sausages inexplicably hanging out in Sturtevant, Wisconsin today. Somehow it made me think of the Rose Bowl.

lol... that reminds me. After the show, look for vendors selling what I call "Suicide Dogs", which are bacon wrapped hot dogs. They are kind of an LA speciality, and are awesome. :drool:

I also second the suggestion for paying attention to the Balloon Number of where you were parked and add that I know some people will bring a balloon of their own to help mark their car because yeah, it all looks the same.

Ok, I did my duty and scoped out Old Town Pas last night. It is a very busy happening place on a Sat night, now next week there will be tons more people due to the show. I looked for something off the path so to speak and that would provide food and drinks and a kickback environment without being too loud and crowded.

My pic is Lucky Baldwin's. Very small, deceiving at first, but there is a patio and I can totally picture our group going in a early and claiming the largest table and sliding some others if needed. The only con, was the menu, not a super huge selection, English pub food basically, but it looked good, sandwiches, salads, fish and chips, etc. The website is below and there is a menu as well. I also included a photo of the patio (from the website) that would show you the setting.

(not sure why it's like this, but click on it)
Untitled Document

LuckyBaldwinsPatio.jpg

The other location I liked was Barney's ltd. off the main street, inside only, nice menu could accomodate a group of 20ish if we get there early. Link below, select Old Town location:

entersite

There is also a Cheesecake Factory and a Buca's in Old Town. I really like the idea of BJ's Pizzeria too, but it is about 5 miles from the Old Town area, not sure if we would be willing to do that. I thought since majority were probably staying in Old Town area, w/the exception of 3-4 that I know of, staying in that area may be preferred??

Ok, think about it, post your thoughts and whether you are in for a gathering. I'll be off and on today, it would be nice to have this figured out by Wed cuz I'll be outta here for the VEGAS - LA party!

I'm out for Saturday. A concert, two drives, and then another concert are enough for me. : old:

I totally understand, that is why I'm looking for a mellow time Sat night. I want to be able to enjoy the LA show in a non-zombie state of mind.

I won't be there Sat. either - won't be in Pasadena 'til Sunday.

I hope Sat night in Vegas pays off big for you so you can buy us all hot dogs and snausages at the Rose Bowl. :sexywink:

Probably not in for a gathering on Saturday night. Long day on Sunday, and the early morning drive/pick up doesn't make for me wanting to drive in a ways on Saturday as well as Sunday, surviving & having to return home Sunday night/Monday morning.

:(

Very cool! Are you staying in the Old Town area? I am sorry, if you already posted that. :reject: Just getting an idea.

No, I'm in Orange County. Shouldn't take too long to get back and forth. \optimistic

The Cheesecake Factory tends to have a long wait, and I don't think they let you call ahead. It's been a while since I've been to that one so I could be wrong.

I like the look of the pub of course :D

I might have missed out on this but does anyone know where the lineup is going to start and at what time? Because I know the parking opens at 8am the day of the show...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom