Octagon Bar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
digsy said:
anybody there

i dunno hwat to do guys - do i download the album or not...???
help please?
what are you gyuys gonna do????

Don't do it!!!! Take my hand and wait! :hug:

There are too few surprises in life, and U2 is one that comes around very infrequently. You'll only make it harder to wait for the tour. Hold it for a little long and enjoy it when it comes out, while everyone else who has already listened to it for two weeks, is wondering how they could possibly return to the initial joy of that first listen.

It's a lot like waiting for a :kiss: for a little longer than jumping into it. We seldom kick ourselves for waiting too long. We always kick ourselves for jumping in too soon. (and unlike kisses, this is going to be there, it's not like you're going to miss the opportunity, your just going to delay it.)

Last edited:
**takes and squeezes stars hand till knuckles go white**

its killing me
how will i wait 2 weeks??

i'm gonna have to keep out of EYKIW for a few weeks - i cant bear to be in there and read all these people talking about the album.
thats what bugs me, all these people have heard it but not me.

however i wont succumb because its wrong! simple as - if nobody downloaded albums there wouldnt be any reason to leak it

Last edited:
starsforu2 said:

It's a lot like waiting for a :kiss: for a little longer than jumping into it. We seldom kick ourselves for waiting too long. We always kick ourselves for jumping in too soon. (and unlike kisses, this is going to be there, it's not like you're going to miss the opportunity, your just going to delay it.)

very good anaolgy!
there is truly nothing worse than missing a moment...

but you're right, the album will be about in 2 weeks still. personally i wont be surprised if they put it on itunes now - will you listen then?

digsy said:
**takes and squeezes stars hand till knuckles go white**

its killing me
how will i wait 2 weeks??

i'm gonna have to keep out of EYKIW for a few weeks - i cant bear to be in there and read all these people talking about the album.
thats what bugs me, all these people have heard it but not me.

however i wont succumb because its wrong! simple as - if nobody downloaded albums there wouldnt be any reason to leak it

I admire you for taking a stand. What upsets me is that some of them won't even buy the album, because they will have already gotten the goods. :shame:

I'm waiting primarily because I feel like I'm to do otherwise would be against what U2 have intended. They set the release date, and once I get it legally (either through I-Tunes and my new iPod *but not before*, or when I unwrap the shrink-wrap)

Regarding EYKIW, it tempts me a little, but I'm not jealous of the others at all. Can you imagine listening to the Joshua Tree or Achtung Baby for the first time again? That would be so cool!
So by the time it does come out, we'll be ready for the push.
Even if you weaken and finally break, I get the feeling that you would kick yourself for doing that, so consider that before you press download.

* Um, my hand is hurting :help: :wink:

>>> Pours double shot of Jack for Digsy <<<

Um, you should probably stay away from here when you've been drinking... And if you can wait it out there should be something to listen to next week in your PO Box. 15th at the latest.

starsforu2 said:

* Um, my hand is hurting :help: :wink:

sorry!

**loosens grip on stars hand but doesnt let go...**

Um, you should probably stay away from here when you've been drinking... And if you can wait it out there should be something to listen to next week in your PO Box. 15th at the latest.

after last night i'm not drinking again for while
i havent felt this bad in ages!!

wheres nurse chrissy or one of the other pharmacuetical types? i need to know how long off antibiotics its ok to drink and what happens if they clash...?

and i'm really looking forward to the cd, thanks soooooo much

**leans over and plant a :kiss: on stars cheek**

stars - are you gonna be about later?
i'm off now but if you tell me when you'll about again ill stop back in

digsy said:

**loosens grip on stars hand but doesnt let go...**

** Regrips Digsy's hand, and doesn't let go **

I'm going to need your help too. I can sometimes feel the Dark Side calling as well. :mac:

But for now, I'm going to get off the Blue Crack for a while, and live in my world.

Originally posted by digsy
after last night i'm not drinking again for while
i havent felt this bad in ages!!

wheres nurse chrissy or one of the other pharmacuetical types? i need to know how long off antibiotics its ok to drink and what happens if they clash...?

I hope you feel better :hug: :sick:

Originally posted by digsy
and i'm really looking forward to the cd, thanks soooooo much

**leans over and plant a :kiss: on stars cheek**

:drool: :wink: Be Strong! I'll catch you later. True love Waits! :heart:

**Wanders into the bar...**

Mmmrgh... :crack: .. could I have something, whatever... my head just started hurting... and I'm getting too tired to clean anymore...

I'll be on the couch if anyone needs me...

**Goes over to the couch**

digsy said:

Pharmaceutical types?! That must be me... :lol:

What are you taking...?!

Merc said:
**Wanders into the bar...**

Mmmrgh... :crack: .. could I have something, whatever... my head just started hurting... and I'm getting too tired to clean anymore...

I'll be on the couch if anyone needs me...

**Goes over to the couch**

Pharmaceutical types?! That must be me... :lol:

What are you taking...?!

sorry, i menat that in a nice way! :lol:
i just instantly though of nurse chrissy (the nurse bit adn all) and then remembered we had a stack of white coats in here so just yelled out randomly to whoever might be listening.

cant remember what this stuffs called... hang on

**rumages in bag**

there we go - "flucloxacillin"

starsforu2 said:

But for now, I'm going to get off the Blue Crack for a while, and live in my world.

I hope you feel better :hug: :sick:

:drool: :wink: Be Strong! I'll catch you later. True love Waits! :heart:

when you say off blue crack for a while, how long do you mean? and when are you off on your holiday?

i'm gonna have to read these answers later - i really got to go now
catch you guys later

digsy said:
sorry, i menat that in a nice way! :lol:
i just instantly though of nurse chrissy (the nurse bit adn all) and then remembered we had a stack of white coats in here so just yelled out randomly to whoever might be listening.

I know! :hug: I like being the pharmaceutical type... or 'the scientist in the family'... :wink:

:lol:

digsy said:
cant remember what this stuffs called... hang on

**rumages in bag**

there we go - "flucloxacillin"

I'll be back in a moment...

**Goes looking in the text books**

**Comes back into the bar with all the textbooks under her arm...**

Okay Digs...

I've been looking the books - the penicillin you're taking, flucloxacillin, it doesn't interact with alcohol...

So, it's safe for you to drink while taking the medicine - the combination of flucloxacillin and alcohol won't give you any extra unplesant side effects, and the effect of the medicine isn't changed...

I hope that answers your question...?! :wink:

Actually, it isn't that many antibiotics that interact with alcohol... but I'm very happy that you're asking about this before drinking!

Every pharmacy would love to have customers like you! :yes:

**Goes and lies down on the couch**

Wazzup folks?:)

ps. Guess what I'll be listening to while I watch the fireworks at my university in an hour or so!:cool: :)shame: slaps own wrist:D)

enajh2 said:
Wazzup folks?:)

ps. Guess what I'll be listening to while I watch the fireworks at my university in an hour or so!:cool: :)shame: slaps own wrist:D)

:tsk: :no:

I don't even wanna hear about that... :grumpy:

:shame:

Well, I've pre-ordered two different formats and I want the vinyl release too.....

..but that's not what I want to dwell on. I stopped by to say hello. In the hippest, funkiest joint I know! :dance: :hug: :drunk: :barf: :D

**Wanders into the bar**

**Singing and humming 'The great song of indifference'**

...Baby I can watch whole nations die
And I don't care at all...

...just went through a rather despressing thread in EYKIW...

:tsk:

... I'm really in need of a drink after that...

...if there's a bartender in here...?

Last edited:
what was the depressing thread in EYKIW merc?
i would go look but i'm too scared to go in there with everyone talking about the new album and me trying desperately hard to wait till its officially released.

oh and thanks for the medical info :)

digsy said:
what was the depressing thread in EYKIW merc?
i would go look but i'm too scared to go in there with everyone talking about the new album and me trying desperately hard to wait till its officially released.

U2 demand Bono stop political campaings

Hence singing the "...I can watch whole nations die..."-line...

:tsk:

digsy said:
oh and thanks for the medical info :)

You're welcome - anytime! :D:up:

>>> Walks in and scans around the bar <<<

Hello Hello, anyone home?

To placate me while I'm waiting for the magical date, I put Vertigo on really loud in the car (my car has a great stereo) and I thought, that this would be a great song to :dance: in a club with (duh?), but I actually thought of it in context of you gals :D

I also thought that it would be very cool if those who were waiting until the 22nd or 23rd or whatever would be able to listen to the album at the same time, thus we can share it together. I know, it's hokey, but I'm a closet romantic.
If they release it to iTunes after we get our iPods (for those who are getting them) we can download them, and then play them together with commentary in the Octagon as we go along. :happy:
If this appeals to anyone, let me know privately or on this forum. Even one person to share it with would be cool. If that falls through, I'm thinking about taking an hour long drive or so to hear the entire album on the open road. If I drive away from the city there is a lot of open road through the hills of Virginia, Maryland and West Virginia.

>>> Pours a Bailey's and sits on the couch, daydreaming about the new album <<<

starsforu2 said:

No...I'm at a place called Vertigo! :sexywink:

starsforu2 said:
I also thought that it would be very cool if those who were waiting until the 22nd or 23rd or whatever would be able to listen to the album at the same time, thus we can share it together. I know, it's hokey, but I'm a closet romantic.

If this appeals to anyone, let me know privately or on this forum. Even one person to share it with would be cool. If that falls through, I'm thinking about taking an hour long drive or so to hear the entire album on the open road. If I drive away from the city there is a lot of open road through the hills of Virginia, Maryland and West Virginia.

Well, I'll wait no longer than November 22nd! :D

I'll be listning to it around 6:00pm GMT+1... which will be around lunchtime in your time zone Tim... if everything goes as planned!!! :hyper: :dance:

**Goes and sits down besides Tim in the couch**

starsforu2 said:

To placate me while I'm waiting for the magical date, I put Vertigo on really loud in the car (my car has a great stereo) and I thought, that this would be a great song to :dance: in a club with (duh?), but I actually thought of it in context of you gals :D

If they release it to iTunes after we get our iPods (for those who are getting them) we can download them, and then play them together with commentary in the Octagon as we go along. :happy:

sounds like a plan, although probably more practical for those in the states than for me over here.
i havent decided how i'm going to listen
to the album yet. if i was in south africa it would be easy - i'd get in my car and drive along the coast and stop at one of the side parts with my car pointing to the water and then spend the next hour, alone in my car, seat back watching the ocean as i listened to the album. heaven!

here its not so easy - to start with i dont have a car anymore which sucks. and the i'll be at work as well so i'll have to wait a whole day till i can get home and listen to it there but then i'm also bound to be interrupted by my housemates or phone calls or what not. its the one thing i really lack in london - complete and utter privacy which is something i'm craving and need to listen to this album. a nice peacefull setting with no distractions...
i'll have to think of something though...

wonder if i can get to Virginia to get in stars car for that first listen!

Merc said:

U2 demand Bono stop political campaings

i rad that thread, and commented in it
made me feel quite sick and totally outraged me at the same time
people scare me

digsy said:

i rad that thread, and commented in it
made me feel quite sick and totally outraged me at the same time
people scare me

I read your posts Digs... :hug:

I don't want to post in that thread ... I'll just end up :rant: :banghead: :madspit: :scream: ... and there no point in that...

You're so right - it is indeed a scary thread... :tsk:

Last edited:
digsy said:
here its not so easy - to start with i dont have a car anymore which sucks. and the i'll be at work as well so i'll have to wait a whole day till i can get home and listen to it there but then i'm also bound to be interrupted by my housemates or phone calls or what not. its the one thing i really lack in london - complete and utter privacy which is something i'm craving and need to listen to this album. a nice peacefull setting with no distractions...
i'll have to think of something though...

I'll be lying on my couch... with my eyes closed... phones, computers, everything turned off... the volumes as loud as possible (absolutely not caring about what my neighbours think!)... and just enjoying every single second of the record...

:drool: :combust:

digsy said:
wonder if i can get to Virginia to get in stars car for that first listen!

Now, there's a thought... :hmm:

Merc said:

I'll be lying on my couch... with my eyes closed... phones, computers, everything turned off... the volumes as loud as possible (absolutely not caring about what my neighbours think!)... and just enjoying every single second of the record...

:drool: :combust:

Now, there's a thought... :hmm:

Ladies, that Green Card idea is looking better and better isn't it? :yes: :laugh: All of a sudden, I'm almost :cute: :lmao:

I'm willing to wait for you guys if I were able to get it before you, but I wouldn't expect you to hold off. I would even get up / stay up late to accomodate you.

Digsy, I'm headed to Florida on Tuesday, and I may be able to get on periodically, depending on whether I can get internet in my hotel room. I'll be back late Wednesday (after you ladies go to bed)

Merc, are you remaining a virgin too? Are you with us in solidarity? Can you be there for Digsy when she gets weak?

Right about now I'm feeling a lot of :hug: for you all in the Octagon.

starsforu2 said:
Ladies, that Green Card idea is looking better and better isn't it? :yes: :laugh: All of a sudden, I'm almost :cute: :lmao:

Well... what about you comming to Europe instead...? :flirt:

starsforu2 said:
I'm willing to wait for you guys if I were able to get it before you, but I wouldn't expect you to hold off. I would even get up / stay up late to accomodate you.

Digsy, I'm headed to Florida on Tuesday, and I may be able to get on periodically, depending on whether I can get internet in my hotel room. I'll be back late Wednesday (after you ladies go to bed)

I'm so very sorry, but there's no way I can wait any longer than November 22nd... I would go crazy knowing that the album was in the stores and I wasn't among the first to get a copy... I'm sorry, but hope you understand! :hug:

starsforu2 said:
Merc, are you remaining a virgin too? Are you with us in solidarity? Can you be there for Digsy when she gets weak?

Right about now I'm feeling a lot of :hug: for you all in the Octagon.

:ohmy: I any other context that would be... a quite inappropriate question!!! :laugh:

Yeah... HTDAAB-virgin here ...until the 22nd...

Last edited:
It's waaay past my bedtime now... :yawn:

G'night everyone! :wave:

See you tomorrow... :D

night merc :wave:
and hi u2bonogirl

you guys in octagon are gonna have to be my rock for the next few weeks - i am determined to remain and HTDAAB.. ahem.. virgin till then :wink:

i think we'd probably get it first stars, simply with the time zone. but as i say with work and stuff, you guys will probably hear it frist cause its only gonna be evening when i get to listen to mine :grumpy:

ooh, so exciting.
as long as i stay out of EYKIW i might just make it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom