Nicknames

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bad%20andy.jpg

:shifty:

Last edited:
well, my real name is brooke.
and whenever i introduce myself, every lame ass' first response is, "oh, Brooke Shields right?"
uh, no. :rolleyes:
there's really no nickname for brooke itself, but i have had nicknames:

brookey
brook-a-roo
beebsy
beebsy ryan
b
bb
bachy
pastry

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
____
:wave: fishy, you're not dimmy, are you?

Sorry to let you down...

LeighAnne gets all kinds of fooked up...(pronounced Lee-ann)

Mispronunciations of my name...
Lay-Ann
Lee-ah
Lee-anna

Nicknames:

Leigh
Leezy
Sleezy
Lizzy
Lizard
LeighBee
Fishy ?_?

well there is DiGi of course

also other alias that sometimes surface are:
- DiGiovanni (my last name)
- Godfather
- Dogfather
- DiGiDog
- Gottil

seldomly am I called by my real name, John

manda
mands
hugnkiss
dag..yes my aunt only refers to me as this
my old workmates used to call me the buxom wench
one mate calls me amandolean lol no comment

duffa...

I'm following manda from thread to thread...

<== my name... so there's quite a lot of variations of it.

Christy(i)
Risti(only in interference though)
Chris
Anna
Christina
Christine

and because of my Chinese name

Saang-saang
Ging-saang

and some in Cantonese

Mui mui = little girl
bak mui = nosy girl
:rolleyes: :scream: :yell:

OzAurora said:
My name is Vanessa so I get Ness all the time, in fact it seems wierd when someone calls me 'Vanessa' I am so used to just Ness:)

Same with my mom. :)

Most people call me Annie. Or An. I dont look like an Annie so its weird. Not ANNE I hate being called Anne. It is simple to say AnnA. A A A. Simple isn't it? So its always Annie or An. People like to drop the 'na' from Anna.

My name looks really stupid all of a sudden.... I am having a weird moment.

UUUUUHHHHHHH well in high school it was actually "gheto" or "ghetofabu". There was a story that actually made this name come about.

The odd thing is that there is a guy here at work who did not know the story and he said that I was Gheto fabulous on day and so now there I am that name again by my closer work friends. My non work friends call me gheto all the time just because of my actions.

Others just call me Jen.

Captain
Scotchie
captain scotchie
Krick

(my real name is kirk...hence Captain)

bono-vox said:

I call my friend girlie now she calls me it...I say it a lot :)

_____
:wave:hey anna girlie

Ah, I see. :| Do I know your friend? :eyebrow: ;)

_____
:wave: hey-hey girlie

:scratch: Well, most people just call me Jenn, I guess. Although when I was young, a friend of mine and her whole family would call me lil' niffer. :huh: :silent: :eek: :uhoh: Meegannie has chosen to carry on that name ;) and now it's dj lil' niffer. :laugh: :lmao: :lol: :crack:

My real name is Marta, my family and friends sometimes call me Martita, Martuchi, Martichu, Marti, Martuki... and some of my classmates call me "The U2 Fan" or "Bona". Also Scully or Expediente X (X File in Spanish) coz I love The X Files.

My name is Alison and I get:

Ali
Ali Bali
Ali B
Al
Lilly (my middle name)
bugga lugs:huh:
Bairn (from the parents)
War kid (from me sister and her boyfriend)
Chalky (from sis and her bf again)

and the other stuff like Mrs Bono and stuff like that:laugh:

Oh and i get the name ANT, cos i always have to make cups of tea, and theres a programme over here called the Royle Family and they always send Antony to make tea and do loads of other things. and so ive got that name:mad:

*edited cos i forgot about the name that really pisses me off the most*

Last edited:
Most of my online friends (and some IRL ones!) call me Fizz or FizzBe or something like that 'cause of my AIM S/N. Sometimes I get called Angie because one of my friends thinks I look like Angelina Jolie in Girl, Interrupted. (I don't, I think my friend was on crack when she said that! :crack: ) And if I'm in a bad mood I get called the angerball.:angry:

Last edited:
Well, apart from Sir, my other nicknames have mainly revolved around my surname. Nowadays, people respect me and call me by my first name, although some do abbreviate it to one letter. Which, given my name is only three letters long, is the height of laziness.

When I was at university I was sometimes known as Apprentice. If I were to tell you why, we would be here until they release Zoo TV on DVD. And let's face it... that could be forever!

My name is Kate so i don't really get any normal nicknames.

One friend used to call me Dopey for some reason :rolleyes:

Now i'm known amongst my friends as Silent Bob. Cuz i'm quiet obviously.

My real name is Beatriz and all my friends and family call me Bea except Teehee, she calls me Beatriz, and my friend Maria, she calls me Beita sometimes...:huh:

Last edited:
*Patu* said:
My real name is Beatriz and all my friends and family call me Bea except Teehee, she calls me Beatriz, and my friend Maria, she calls me Beita sometimes...:huh:

And your dad, he calls you Beatriz A...:silent:

Mine are:
Don, Cowman, Nick, and Nickel-Eye.
The Nickel-Eye name came about because of a
bizarre incident in art class.
I was making a gigantic clay eye. I bent over and
a nickel fell out of my pocket, landing on the pupil
area of my clay eye. Hence, Nickel-Eye was born!
For the longest while, some people thought I was
Russian, cause of my nick.:lol:

Nicknames...

I stopped years ago telling people that "calling" was what you do with a phone not my name(LONG O it's welsh).....but It's fun when you want to make a point..:lmao:

Co
Yo...CO<Dad still does this.
Cookie
Brownie
CB
Coke (after the soft drink "adds Life" was a fav tee and my middle initial is K)
Katie
Conie...or Aunt Conie...lol
Baby Doll (later became another "B" word...lol)
Honey Bears
Hun
Sweetie
meow....<I'm not interpreting this one..lol!:heart: :love: des gros becs ?mesoeur

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom