NFL 2007 Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ravens defensive coordinator's pointless 4th down timeout FTL. :down:

I was cheering for the Pats tonight, actually, as I would like to see an undefeated season happen before my very eyes.

Sometimes you don't have to be perfect to be perfect.

Did anyone see Tom Brady's press conference after the game? They asked him about the time out and he was like "Oh, I heard the whistle and stopped. I totally would have had the first down." He was just joking, but his delivery was great.

DaveC said:
Wow.

One of the best games of the season that I've seen so far.
No doubt.
That was a damn exciting football game.
If the Pats do go undefeated, this will be the regular season game that goes down in lore.

Ravens deserve a lot of credit (except for Bart Scott, whose meltdown after the Gaffney TD cost his team some field position that may have prevented them from tying or winning the game), played a hell of a game, Boller may have had his best game as a pro considering the wind conditions.

I questioned at the time the decision to have Gostkowski kick the ball through the uprights on the final kickoff, you're kicking from the Balt 35, pooch it to the 10, your coverage team will be there before the ball, and they will likely have to fair catch. Almost a very costly move.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Great game last night.

So are they going to bring Schula out for every one of the last remaining regular season games?

hopefully they will trot him out if the Pats go undefeated. I'm sure he will handle it with the same grace Marino did when Peyton broke his record.......

toscano said:

hopefully they will trot him out if the Pats go undefeated. I'm sure he will handle it with the same grace Marino did when Peyton broke his record.......

I don't think so. Last month, Shula was the one who proposed the Pats put an asterisk next to their record if they went undefeated because of the whole Spygate fiasco. I mean Belichick is a douchebag for sure, but his team has gone 12-0 since the Pats got busted 5 minutes into the season.

And Belichick is (or maybe now was) a huge admirer of Don Shula, so I'm sure Shula's comments stung a bit.
Shula since backed off the asterisk thing, I think somebody must've told him how petty he sounded.

Steelers' safety Smith guarantees Sunday win versus Patriots

Wednesday, December 05, 2007
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Safety Anthony Smith not only thinks the Steelers have a chance to beat the undefeated New England Patriots Sunday, he guarantees it.

"We're going to win,'' Smith said today after practice. "Yeah, I can guarantee a win.''

Smith, a hard-hitting free safety who replaced injured Ryan Clark as the starter midway through the season, said he's not worried about any motivation he might be giving the 12-0 Patriots with his words.

"Now we have our swagger back on defense and we're playing great ball and they're playing great on the offensive side, too,'' he said of the Steelers. "I think we have a real good chance to win the game and we will win the game.''

Not only that, he said while New England's receiving corps of Randy Moss, Wes Welker and Donte Stallworth is good, it isn't as good as the one the Steelers played Sunday against the Bengals , featuring T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Chad Johnson and Chris Henry.

"I think we were facing great receivers last week too and we shut them down,'' Smith said. "Those three guys, I don't think it gets much better than Cincinnati's corps of receivers. We've already seen the best."

Smith added a little more lumber to the fire when he said New England's receivers haven't been hit the way they will be hit on Sunday.

"They said Baltimore was their most physical game but I think we hit harder than Baltimore, so they haven't seen nothing like us yet.

"They should be worried about us. We never worry about receivers. We're the ones doing the hitting. They have to run routes. We're attacking them, they're not really attacking us."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07339/839489-66.stm

Who is Anthony Smith?

C'mon phanan fess up, this is an Onion article right...cause nobody's ever heard of a guy named Anthony Smith in the NFL.

Hewson said:
Who is Anthony Smith?

[pedro]Who is Karim Garcia[/pedro]

Seriously...even if the Bengals receiving corps is better than New England's (and they might be, it's pretty close) there's no way Carson Palmer can carry Tom Brady's jock. Stupidity.

Hewson said:
Who is Anthony Smith?

C'mon phanan fess up, this is an Onion article right...cause nobody's ever heard of a guy named Anthony Smith in the NFL.

:shh: He's secretly being paid off by the NFL, you know, as part of the growing conspiracy to guarantee that the Patriots are still undefeated for the NFL Network game...

Is this guy related to Freddie Mitchell?

Oh, by the way, FredEx wants to once again thank his hands for being so great, in case you guys had forgotten.

phillyfan26 said:
Is this guy related to Freddie Mitchell?

Oh, by the way, FredEx wants to once again thank his hands for being so great, in case you guys had forgotten.

He probably also wants to thank his stylist.

freddiemitchellhair-01.jpg

I somehow have talked myself into believing that the Steelers have a shot against New England. 3 days ago I was predicting blowout, but, now I think we can win. I think all the #1 defensive rankings we have are a little misleading, to be honest, as we've played against some crappy offenses, but, still, it's a formidable D. I guess we'll see. If we do lose, I just hope it's not a freaking blowout.

I think if the Steelers can hold NE to field goals early, that'll really boast the entire team. You know they will eventually score TDs, but I think in Monday night's game, when the Ravens "held" the Patriots to the field goal, it really gave a boost to the whole team.

Of course if Watson catches that pass, it's 7-0, and everyone would have been talking about how easy it was for the Patriots to move against the Baltimore defense.

DaveC said:

Enjoy playing the rest of the season with Tom Collins.

Well, he was more competent than Jason Campbell last night. :shrug: We'll just have to see what other teams do when they have a chance to gameplan for him. :yikes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom