NEWSFLASH! Achtung! It wasn't just U2!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
I have decided that there was some sort of divine intervention when Achtung Baby was being recorded in Hansa Studios, Berlin back in 1990/1991. It couldn't have been U2 alone in that room. Surely they were possessed by some kind of higher power. Somebody or something out of this world had to have had a hand in it. How else do you explain the intensity of this creative outburst and cultural explosion that occured???

:cool:

Zoo Station
The Fly
Even Better Than The Real Thing
Mysterious Ways
One
Until The End Of The World
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses?
So Cruel
Lady With The Spinning Head
Night And Day
Tryin To Throw Your Arms Around The World
Ultraviolet
Acrobat
Love Is Blindness

:cool:

And I've not even included anything from Zooropa here.

I mean... how can there be so much stellar material all from one era??? How???

:faint:

;)

Zootlesque said:
I mean... how can there be so much stellar material all from one era??? How???

Given the time, I'm shocked they took so long to come up with only four great songs.

Re: Re: NEWSFLASH! Achtung! It wasn't just U2!

Axver said:

Given the time, I'm shocked they took so long to come up with only four great songs.

:lmao: Gotta love Axver!

Do you realize you're risking your life here by that comment? And what are those 4 songs? Pray tell.

Re: Re: Re: NEWSFLASH! Achtung! It wasn't just U2!

Zootlesque said:

:lmao: Gotta love Axver!

Do you realize you're risking your life here by that comment? And what are those 4 songs? Pray tell.

What Liam said. :wink:

And, you know, I figure if people can trash HTDAAB as much as they want, I might as well speak my mind on Achtung. It's a bit of a relief from the continual seemingly obligatory worship that album gets around these parts.

The four great songs: UTEOTW (despite its shit mixing), The Fly, Acrobat, and Love Is Blindness.

I also don't mind Zoo Station, and although I don't like the studio version, I have to admit that WGRYWH was good when I saw it live.

WalkOn21 said:
Thank heavens, on reading the title I thought this was another "hey, I just discovered 'achtung' is actually a German word!" thread. :whistle:

YOU MEEN U2 DIDNT MAYK DAT 1 UP????////

yeah, good stuff Zoot, good stuff. Brilliant stuff.

WalkOn21 said:
Thank heavens, on reading the title I thought this was another "hey, I just discovered 'achtung' is actually a German word!" thread. :whistle:

:lol:

I thought Bono invented everything? :wink:

Brian Eno and Daniel lanois were in the room, also the band were fighting all the time, I think that helped.
WIm Wenders angels must have played a part too!
It's the greatest album ever in my opinion.

Axver said:

I'll kill you :mad:

BTW, I think the Joshua Tree is highly overated, and has about 3-4 great songs.

Actually I've got to agree with Axver on the UTEOTW mixing

It's shocking, especially the end.

Re: Re: Re: NEWSFLASH! Achtung! It wasn't just U2!

shart1780 said:

I'll kill you :mad:

BTW, I think the Joshua Tree is highly overated, and has about 3-4 great songs.

I'll kill you first. :mad:

:wink:

Axver said:

Go back to Lovetown where ye came from.

lol @ Canadiens.

I'm gonna be the first one to go in here and say that I recently rediscovered Achtung Baby. Yeah, rediscovered. See, Achtung Baby was my second U2 album, bought around 1993-94, right after Zooropa, that was my first U2 album. I was 14. :cute: I loved every minute of it and listened to it a million times, so many that I hardly thought that I was going to put that CD on again. But I did the other day, and I enjoyed the songs even more than I did back then. I noticed that the lyrics conveyed a lot more to me today than they did back then when I was a snotty 13-year-old. Alright I'm getting sentimental, but

:heart: Achtung Baby :heart:

Regardless of how many "great songs" AB has, it's still the best "album" as opposed to just a collection of good songs which may or may not have any cohesivness (circa '00 U2).

WalkOn21 said:

:no:

Ich spreche ein bisschen Deutsch. :sexywink:

U2Man said:
Alright I'm getting sentimental, but

:heart: Achtung Baby :heart:

U2Man! :hug:

:shifty:

BRING BACK BRIAN ENO AND DANIEL LANOIS!!!

bram said:
Regardless of how many "great songs" AB has, it's still the best "album" as opposed to just a collection of good songs which may or may not have any cohesivness (circa '00 U2).

I totally disagree. Part of the reason I dislike Achtung Baby is because I feel it is one of U2's least cohesive records, if not the least cohesive. EBTTRT/One/UTEOTW is quite possibly the worst flow on any U2 album. At least So Cruel/The Fly is forgiveable due to a vinyl mindset.

You can't forget some of the brilliant stuff from the Axtung Beibi tapes.

Wake Up Dead Man/She's Gonna Blow Your House Down
Back Mask

:drool:

Achtung Baby is my favorite album of all-time :up:

LemonMacPhisto said:
You can't forget some of the brilliant stuff from the Axtung Beibi tapes.

Wake Up Dead Man/She's Gonna Blow Your House Down
Back Mask

:drool:

Achtung Baby is my favorite album of all-time :up:
The She's Gonna Blow Your House Down of the AB sessions is actually quite boring if you ask me. The JT version (as seen on the Rattle & Hum outtakes) is completely different and much better.

Axver said:

I totally disagree. Part of the reason I dislike Achtung Baby is because I feel it is one of U2's least cohesive records, if not the least cohesive. EBTTRT/One/UTEOTW is quite possibly the worst flow on any U2 album. At least So Cruel/The Fly is forgiveable due to a vinyl mindset.

I'm not sure what you mean by flow and cohesiveness. If anything, AB is incredibly cohesive if you consider the lyrics. I think it flows pretty well musically from track to track as well.

Back
Top Bottom