New Window in the Skies video!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mart said:
i cant understand how a band with endless resources can produce such mediocre videos... love the song
do you not read other peoples reactions? one mans mediocre is another mans gold.

Great video :up: :D

The person singing "theheat that's in the sun" is David Bowie :).
I'm pretty sure that the one playing the guitar solo is Keaith Richards and not George Harrison, it looks more like Keith to me.

Any word on when a decent quality version of this will become available? I've downloaded the QT one from the U2 site, but its not great. Haven't seen it on UK TV yet either.

sergeant said:
some updates > <---------------------

Originally posted by MrBrau1
So, who do we see?

Zappa
Billie Holiday
Simon & Garfunkel
Roy Orbison
Bjork

Ella Fitzgerald?

sergeant said:
Marley
Talking Head foot.
Louis Armstrong

David Bowie?

sergeant said:

?
Lou Reed
Frank

00:48 John Stirratt from Wilco <--------------------
Most likely taken from the "I Am Trying to Break Your Heart" documentry. If you haven't seen it, go rent it. It's a fascinating indictment of the music industry and a portrait of a band at the crossroads.

johnstirratt.jpg

sergeant said:
Kanye
Mick Jones
Nat King Cole
The Clash Drummer <-----------------
Keith Moon
The Rolling Stones

Nina Simone

sergeant said:
Four Tops?
Marvin Gaye
?
Temptations
Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs
Elvis Costello
Ramones
Hendrix
KeithMoon
Nirvana
The Clash
Johnny Cash
Iggy Pop
Radiohead
MJ Blige
Janes Addiction
Elvis
Silverchair (Guitar) <-------------------------
The Smiths
Beck
Beyonce
Elton John

Method Man/Wu-Tang Clan?

sergeant said:
?
The Corrs
?
Commodores
White Stripes
Sly & The Family Stone
?
Charles Mingus?
Arcade Fire?
The Beatles
Hendrix
The Pretenders
Alicia Keys
Ray Charles
Buddy Guy?
The Clash
Led Zeppelin
?
Keith Moon
Bowie
Billie Holiday
Smokey Robinson
Elvis
Led Zeppelin
Claudio Arrau (Chilean Pianist) <--------------

Billie Holiday?

sergeant said:
Zeppelin
MC5
Queen
?
Jackie Wilson
Beastie Boys?
?
Talking Heads
Public Enemy
MC5
Public Enemy
Jerry Lee Lewis
Jay Z
Patti Smith
?
Stevie Wonder
Nirvana
Sinatra

Thanks to Solace and Twisted Acres from the Wilco messege board at viachicago.org for all of those. http://forums.viachicago.org/index.php?showtopic=26174&st=0

Last edited:
U2girl said:
Isn't the piano player Vladimir Horowitz?

I think that's still open to debate. The second my spouse (who's WAY more into classical music than into U2, sadly) saw the video, he said it was Claudio Arrau. :shrug:

biff said:
I think that's still open to debate.

Clear evidence from wikipedia Horowitz page.

Screen capture from Horowitz in Moscow (1986) DVD. This is probably the source of the footage in the video too.

Vladimir_Horowitz_in_performance.jpeg

The video was friggin amazing! I loved every minute of it! :drool: ... My only gripe is that there wasn't enough U2 in the video. The video is so different and great! Can't wait to see what they do next :drool:

Soda said:
089. P-Funk???
089.jpg

101. Unidentified Bassist
101.jpg
[/B]

Accodring to another message board the jumping artist is Fema Kuti and the bass player is Jaco Pasterios(sp?)

I think it's time for a new thread complete with photos/youtube-Links for confirmation. There have been some really dumb guesses passed of as fact in this thread.

jcroach said:

Clear evidence from wikipedia Horowitz page.

Screen capture from Horowitz in Moscow (1986) DVD. This is probably the source of the footage in the video too.

Vladimir_Horowitz_in_performance.jpeg

Cool! Then I can tell my spouse he's wrong. :D

Chiz, I totally thought you were kidding when you said there were shots from Guster on Ice in the vid. But they posted this bulletin titled "bono watches guster on ice constantly" today on myspace:

In somewhat bizarre Guster news, there are two crowd shots from our Live in Portland Maine DVD concert in the new U2 video. See if you can pick them out.

I just wondered if anyone noticed this...that for most/all the parts where the lips of the artists sync perfectly with the song, it is a soul music artist being featured. Arguable exceptions maybe Elvis, Bowie and Elton, however to me those guys are soul artists. I don't mean where the sync is dubious or sketchy..I mean where it gives the perception that the lyric was lifted right from that original artists' song..

I hated this song until I saw a slideshow of old U2 photos with 'Window In The Skies' playing in the background. For me the song is very appropriate for rememberance. In a way I guess I just feel like the video works really well with the song cause in their own way each of those artists used their love for music to open some kind of window for themselves or others, and it's important to remember what music can do.

Ha, and my post is as cheesy as the video! But yeah I liked it. Think of how dumb it would have looked if they were to edit the footage to make the lip synching more exact. Forrest Gump anyone?

Needle_Chill said:
Think of how dumb it would have looked if they were to edit the footage to make the lip synching more exact. Forrest Gump anyone?

Alanis actually did that with her "8 easy steps" music video. As did the Barenake Ladies with the new music video single from their greatest hits record. While they used old footage of themselves rather than dead celebs, it still looked damn tacky.

u2fp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom