New Sigur Ros tune

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coemgen

Rock n' Roll Doggie
This is a bulletin they posted on myspace:

Hello,

You can hear our new single Hljomalind on our page now! It will be released next week (22nd October) on 7" heavy vinyl.

Hljómalind is the official name of the song previously known by fans as Rokklagið. Hljómalind was written in 1999 during the ágætis byrjun era but wasn’t recorded until earlier this year. the b-side on this 7″ is a live acoustic version of Starálfur.

In other other news of friends Amiina shall be playing at the Electric Proms with us, making a mini break from their current European tour. Their current dates are:

October

Tue 16 Hamburg Westwerk
Wed 17 Copenhagen Vega
Thu 18 Cologne Gebaude 9
Thu 25 London Bush Hall *SOLD OUT*
Fri 26 Brighton Pavillion Theatre
Sun 28 Belfast Speigeltent
Mon 29 Dublin Cargo (formerly TBMC)
Wed 31 Manchester Academy 3

November
Thu 1 Glasgow Tuts

There is more info on thier myspace page regarding tickets!

See you soon!

Their myspace is just mypsace.com/sigurros

New Radiohead and new Sigur Ros is making my ears go :applaud: :dancing: :hyper:

Here's the details on all their releases. This new song is for the Nov. 5 release. (The information below is from Wikipedia, fyi)

On 20 August 2007 a limited DVD+CD edition of the 2002 soundtrack to the documentary Hlemmur was released.

On 5 November they will release Heima, a live DVD of last summer’s Iceland tour, as well as Hvarf-Heim, a double compilation album containing studio versions of previously unreleased songs ("Salka", "Hljómalind" (formerly known as "Rokklagið"), "Í gær" and "Von"), on Hvarf, and acoustic studio versions of the songs: "Samskeyti", "Starálfur", "Vaka", "Ágætis Byrjun", "Heysátan"and "Von", on Heim.

A tentative date for a DVD+CD release of the 2002 orchestral piece Odin's Raven Magic is set for January 2008.

I'm looking forward to both as well, although I wish the DVD were of their previous show in Iceland (the one that's been streaming on their website forever, which is one of the most amazing things I've ever seen and heard) rather than the tour from last summer.

Back
Top Bottom