New Pic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks people for posting the lovely photos of bono and his friends and the family one :D Eve looks so pretty i love her clothes and cap on her :D So cute seeing Ali cuddling eve. :D Ali Looks great too :D

Bono is Looking hot so sexy :love:

18062008-10.jpg

18062008-11.jpg

thanks for these! :)

I was just thinking when I originally posted that pic above I never posted the one that went with it, so here it is... :)

bonohanoverquay6-13-08night2Damiano.jpg

again both these pics are courtesy of Damiano at u2place .com

Not sure if this one was posted either. from HQ last monday, and also from u2place

this one's for you onekea :sexywink:
bonohanoverquay6-2008.jpg

I had been posting these new ones in Misc thread but I'll just use your thread instead if you don't mind lauramullen :wave:

My guess is Bono voted Yes, as he's always stated that Ireland's economy has boosted, partly because of the EU help.

You would be right.. :D

He said so in this interview:
Bono and Bob Geldof / Interview on France 24 ? APO-SOURCE : The African News Source

I wanted to ask you whether you were surprised by the fact that a sizeable majority of Ireland’s people voted against the Lisbon Treaty. Did you vote?

Yes, I voted. I voted yes. It was a difficult manuscript and it wasn’t very well explained at home.

06062008.jpg

Wow! I would totally be smitten at this point if I were to be in Malahide (where I stayed 3 years ago while on my Irish visit), seeing Radiohead (one of my all-time favorite bands, second to only U2), while being THIS close to Bono, Ali, and Eve. That would have been the ULTIMATE experience. Once I saw the Radiohead lineup of dates I knew where I wanted to be on the 6th of June. Unfortunately, I didn't have the money. :sad: At least I did see Radiohead once this tour in Charlotte. That's all I can ask for.

Thanks for sharing!

You would be right.. :D

He said so in this interview:
Bono and Bob Geldof / Interview on France 24 � APO-SOURCE : The African News Source

I wanted to ask you whether you were surprised by the fact that a sizeable majority of Ireland’s people voted against the Lisbon Treaty. Did you vote?

Yes, I voted. I voted yes. It was a difficult manuscript and it wasn’t very well explained at home.

Wow thanks. :ohmy: I'd never thought he would be so open about it, especially since it's a little unpopular in Ireland. But good for Bono.
Interesting interview. Is there any way to actually WATCH this?

Not sure if this one was posted either. from HQ last monday, and also from u2place

this one's for you onekea :sexywink:
bonohanoverquay6-2008.jpg

I had been posting these new ones in Misc thread but I'll just use your thread instead if you don't mind lauramullen :wave:

This pic of Bono is just lovely.:hyper:

Thanks so much for posting it, bonocomet. :wink:

:reject: I don't know if this pic was posted... anyway ...

061908zp.jpg_20080618_21_41_10_175-282-400.imageContent

Edge with Bill Zwecker (June 14-15, 2008)

from this article:

Living close to The Edge
You, too, can party like a rock star -- if you can land on the guest list at a brewery heir's estate in Ireland

June 19, 2008

BY BILL ZWECKER Sun-Times Columnist
Even though I was in Ireland last weekend -- home base to a slew of celebs -- I didn't expect to run into U2 guitarist The Edge, especially at the black-tie gala at the Castletown country estate outside Dublin, hosted by brewery heir Desmond Guinness.

But he was there, sporting his ever-present knit cap and joined by his jovial wife, Morleigh Steinberg. As we stood in the spectacular entrance to Castletown, I learned it was the U2 mainstay's first visit to the estate, considered one of the greatest examples of Irish Georgian architecture. ''I don't know why, but I've never been here,'' said the rock star, seemingly as dazzled as us Yanks gathered to support the 50th anniversary of Guinness' founding of the Irish Georgian Society.

The ''folly'' structure at Castletown is the society's iconic logo -- representing Guinness and his allies' half-century battle to save some of the country's most beautiful buildings from the wrecking ball. Americans have made a huge difference. Current IGS president Desmond FitzGerald, the Knight of Glin, reminded partygoers that ''90 percent of the financial support'' to restore places like Castletown (originally saved by Guinness) has come from U.S. benefactors.

Spotted celebrating the society's 50th were an enthusiastic group of Chicago area boosters, including Rosie O'Neill, Alexandra and Tom Cooney, Martha Cray and Gordon Mark, Cynthia Olson, Dana Ragiel, Jim Kinney, City Hall mainstay Tom O'Gorman and Tom Gorman, Dottie Pattishall, Lyssa Piette, Paula Fogarty and Craig Tiggleman, Brian White, Steve Zick, Paula and Jim Kiefer and Michael Kerrigan.

• Beyond architecture, The Edge seemed more interested in talking about the U.S. presidential race. Wondering whether ''Americans really are ready for a black president,'' The Edge said he hoped so, but predicted ''it's going to be very, very close ... perhaps as close as the one in 2000.'' Whatever the outcome, The Edge, like virtually every European I met the past two weeks, is convinced either Barack Obama or John McCain will greatly improve America's standing on the world stage.

• Also part of the Irish Georgian Society group was internationally known interior designer Carleton Varney, who heads the venerable Dorothy Draper design firm, and whose clients have ranged from the White House (under President Jimmy Carter) to New York's Waldorf Astoria Hotel to Irish castles and the famous Greenbrier resort. During our Dublin visit, Varney was happy to discover a special installation he oversaw at the U.S. Embassy in the Irish capital was still maintained by current ambassador Thomas Foley. It's a sculpture honoring those killed on 9/11 at the World Trade Center that includes a piece of a girder retrieved from the rubble on that horrible day in 2001.

''It's hard to look at this and not be moved by it," said Varney.

• On a lighter note, the designer is excited about a proposed film about his mentor, Draper, that is pending at Paramount Pictures. Though no one is set for the lead, there are rumors Oscar winner Anjelica Huston would be a perfect choice to play the strong-willed woman who launched what today is the oldest interior design firm in the country.

KEEP ON SMILING: A very special ''Armando Diaz'' show is planned at the iO improv mecca Monday -- featuring two monologists guaranteed to inspire the all-star cast's improvisation. iO owner Charna Halpern -- who's been coaching the current cast of MTV's ''The Real World 20: Hollywood'' -- will be joined by Joey Kovar, the cast member from Evergreen Park who left the show to concentrate on his sobriety.

Halpern and Kovar will dish about their ''Real World'' experiences.
Living close to The Edge :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Bill Zwecker

OMG, you found it! Thank you very much!

Just watched the interview, great great interview, I LOVE the way Bono is using his hands when he's talking. He has such a way with words.

I just wish there was a way to download this.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom