New Mick Jagger CD...(Bono is of course mentioned)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnforgettableLemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
The duet with Bono on "Joy" was the main reason I bought this CD, but in actuality, it's the best CD purchase I've made for at least a year. I'm a casual Stones fan at the most, but I love this CD. Jagger displays quite a different side on this CD, very spiritual at times, and it looks like he's finally comfortable with not being 22. If nothing else, download Joy, Visions of Paradise, Everybody Getting High, and Too Far Gone.

So you think it's worth buying I guess-maybe I'll get it.

You don't like the song w/ Lenny Kravitz? I like that one.

Oh, and if Mick is 'comfortable w/ not being 22 anymore', maybe he'll stop 'dating' women who are far less than half his age
wink.gif

For whatever it's worth, the album received four stars from Rolling Stone.

~ME 3

------------------
I didn't take no shortcuts
I spent the money that I saved up
Oh, Momma running out of luck
Like my sister, don't give a fuck

Originally posted by U2ME3:
For whatever it's worth, the album received four stars from Rolling Stone.

~ME 3

Didn't the album receive 5 stars from RS?

It is funny, because the same album got a grade of a C- from Entertainment Weekly. Music reviews are so subjective.

I have to say that the new music video for Mick's song with Lenny is pretty freaky! We could definitely do without some of those close-ups on Mick's ass!

------------------
boom cha, boom cha.................discotheque!

I just picked up Mick's new CD. It sounds pretty good on 1st listen. Yes, Mick can be embarrassing to watch on stage at times these days,(although I thought he was really good on the Concert for NYC)and he is starting to resemble Mr. Furley from Three's Company, but I can't think of any other rock star of his generation who still sings as well as he ever did, on record & on stage. If you don't look at him he sounds as good as 1972...

"Joy", the cut with Bono sounds pretty good as well. Mick wrote it, but you can see why he chose Bono to help sing on it. Lyrically, it has U2 at their most spiritual written all over it. Musically, it has a gospel backing vocals and an guitar lick similiar to "Hard To Handle" the way the Black Crowes did it IMHO...

Lastly, I think a 5 star review is a bit over the top. How objective can the reviewer be when he,(Jann Wenner) is the publisher of Rolling Stone, and names his magazine after the band? I like Bob Dylan, and his new album is ok, but they gave it 5 stars as well...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom