New Coldplay - "Mylo Xyloto", Oct 24

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They do a lot of things at their concerts that should be cheesy, but end up coming off really nice. The paper butterflies falling from the ceiling at the end of... I dont remember.. Death and All His Friends? And the giant yellow beach balls that they throw into the crowd during Yellow that are filled with confetti in case someone decides to pop them. All cheesy on paper but really sort of endearing at the show. and it was nice of them to hand out copies of Left Right Left Right Left to everyone on the way out

I did not find the alternate tracklisting before you, but I did find you participating in one of those asinine tracklist comparisons between X&Y and HTDAAB.

2005 was a simpler time when such an undertaking would actually seem fun to me.

2. How You See The World No.2
7. Sleeping Sun
8. Pour Me
9. Proof
12. Gravity

Never heard these. Are these all B-sides, or what? I could do some Googling, but I'm a bit sleepy.

I've just realized that I'm only familiar with Coldplay's album tracks. Have never taken the time to seek out the rarer stuff. I know the Prospekt's March stuff but I guess that isn't exactly rare.

That Prospekt's March EP is pretty great, by the way.

Of the stuff I've heard, the Viva La Vida era is easily the band's strongest. For me.

"How You See The World No.2" is from one of those War Child compilations. "Sleeping Sun" and "Gravity" are from the Talk single, "Proof" from Speed of Sound, and "Pour Me" from Fix You, although that's a live track.

Great b-sides band, especially the early EPs and Rush of Blood extras. You'd do well to get more acquainted with that stuff.

I haven't heard a single Coldplay b-side or EP. Guess I'll have to change that.

"How You See The World No.2" is from one of those War Child compilations. "Sleeping Sun" and "Gravity" are from the Talk single, "Proof" from Speed of Sound, and "Pour Me" from Fix You, although that's a live track.

Great b-sides band, especially the early EPs and Rush of Blood extras. You'd do well to get more acquainted with that stuff.

Thanks, imps. I will.

I listened to some Coldplay earlier today because of this thread. :up:

What album did you listen to? Or was it just a smattering of individual tracks?

I've also gone through a mini surge in Coldplay listening because of the album news and recent discussion.

What album did you listen to? Or was it just a smattering of individual tracks?

I've also gone through a mini surge in Coldplay listening because of the album news and recent discussion.

Just some tracks here and there, mostly from the most recent album and ep's.

Rights will guide you home.

I'm just posting this because honestly Imperor, I just giggled my ass off with what you wrote. So you deserve this funny gif.

Thats%20racist.gif

I believe it was LemonMelon who said it to me at one point...

but if this new album is half of what Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends, we're in for a treat.

Just my (his) take.

I'm listening to some of the X&Y B-Sides. Wow. Better than I imagined they'd be. Although I was never quite as down on X&Y as some people, because I tend to care more about the music than the lyrics and it seems most people are just really down on the lyrics with that album.

Although I was never quite as down on X&Y as some people, because I tend to care more about the music than the lyrics and it seems most people are just really down on the lyrics with that album.

Are there actually people who look to Chris Martin for his lyric writing?

I think the guy definitely has a talent for coming up with a good tune, but lyrics? That's a different matter.

Oh yeah the dude is a pretty terrible lyricist. Even on Viva La Vida the lyrics aren't very memorable (save for a few I love, Strawberry Swing in particular :heart:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom