NBA 2018-19 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And I didn't even bring up the Lakers in that post. You're the king of Straw Man shit. I was bringing up the idea of AD leaving Boston (if he gets traded there) in 2020. It could be anywhere. Hell, it could be to your Knicks. But you had to take another completely unprovoked swipe at LeBron.

it means i don't think it was "completely unprovoked". lebron is well known to be a dipshit to work with.

great player, wonderful guy off the court, terrible teammate.

Coupled with the Rich Paul connection and all the chatter recently that Davis wants to go to the Lakers, its not a big leap to infer if Davis jumps ship in free agency in 2020 Lakers are most likely destination.

Coupled with the Rich Paul connection and all the chatter recently that Davis wants to go to the Lakers, its not a big leap to infer if Davis jumps ship in free agency in 2020 Lakers are most likely destination.

You're assuming the Lakers would still have the cap space in 2020. They have one max slot this summer. They'd have to completely punt on 2019 FA, not make any offers to Kawhi, Durant, whoever, in order to have the room in 2020. If they sign any big FA in 2019, they're capped out in 2020. And even if they do punt and hold on to the space, they'd have to renounce Ingram(because that's when he's getting paid and his cap hold is much bigger than his previous salary).

Last edited:
You're assuming the Lakers would still have the cap space in 2020. They have one max slot this summer. They'd have to completely punt on 2019 FA, not make any offers to Kawhi, Durant, whoever, in order to have the room in 2020. If they sign any big FA in 2019, they're capped out in 2020.

There are always workarounds to the cap issue.

Congratulations to the 76ers for acquiring two draft picks and a bench player for their expensive Guy Who Does Not Play Basketball.

The Marc Gasol trade is fascinating to me. The Eastern Conference playoffs are setting up to be very exciting.

utley.gif

i like how pascal siakam drops 44 points and the next morning ESPN has a stories about joel embiid jumping over regina king, dwyane wade and dirk nowitzki swapping jerseys, and scottie pippen's opinion of lebron with precisely zero mention of siakam or the raptors anywhere on their NBA section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom