National Hockey League 2011-2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Markov has been placed on the active roster. I wonder when they will play him. :hmm:

Mario Lemieux got one ugly statue built/unveiled in his name in Pittsburgh today.

mario_insidestatue.jpg

Should've gone cliche.

Penguins are rolling. Ball-errrrrr.

Kind of rooting for the Panthers at this point to make a dent in the playoffs, but boy are they making it hard on themselves....along with every other team in the Southeast division, lol....

Penguins are rolling. Ball-errrrrr.

Kind of rooting for the Panthers at this point to make a dent in the playoffs, but boy are they making it hard on themselves....along with every other team in the Southeast division, lol....

Yeah, talk about a shit division...

We lose like... every game and we're still in it with the lead. Adding OTL's at losses, we're under .500 in wins to absolute losses...

We're bound to hear a bunch of people complaining about the playoff setup where a team like Florida shouldn't be ranked 3rd and they should be fighting for a playoff spot instead. To be honest, I don't care. I agree, but my only concern is them making the playoffs.

I became a hockey fan around 2001. I was about 9-10 years old. I became fans of other sports later on, but I've passionately watched every last game I could and been to hundreds of games down here. I've never seen my team in the playoffs, and I've never seen anything but utter shit on the ice. For them to make the playoffs (and not get humiliatingly swept off their feet) is my Stanley Cup at this point.

I'm feeling a lot better about the Habs these days. Sure, this season has been a disaster but, as I've said before, how many teams have potential superstars at the forward, defense and goaltender positions under 25? (Pacioretty, Subban, and Price) Plus, Plekanec is a very good #2 centre and in his prime, some good young prospects on defense, a potential shutdown defenseman in Emelin, the heart of Desharnais.

They'll get a high draft pick this year, and have multiple second rounders this year and next. They have to bury Gomez in the minors, get some cap space, and spend money wisely, and they could rebound fairly quickly.

Of course, there are plenty of ifs there. And it depends on who the next coach will be and how long Pierre Gauthier lasts. Hopefully not too long.

Subban is going to be scary if he can discipline himself more and stop taking the really stupid penalties... Patches is already good and there's not really any comment needed about Price, they'd've likely lost even more without him.

The Leafs need consistent goaltending, some of the potentials to develop and time... I think Kadri may need another season with the Marlies, Mueller might be up next year and if Scrivens gets a little more seasoning he might be ready to come up and stay up.

Subban is going to be scary if he can discipline himself more and stop taking the really stupid penalties... Patches is already good and there's not really any comment needed about Price, they'd've likely lost even more without him.
Subban is a player every other team loves to hate, but every opponent would love to have that kid on their team. Even the Bruins.

Yeah, talk about a shit division...

We lose like... every game and we're still in it with the lead. Adding OTL's at losses, we're under .500 in wins to absolute losses...

We're bound to hear a bunch of people complaining about the playoff setup where a team like Florida shouldn't be ranked 3rd and they should be fighting for a playoff spot instead. To be honest, I don't care. I agree, but my only concern is them making the playoffs
I will never buy the argument that the regular season means much in the current playoff setup, beyond playing semi-decent, building team chemistry, and hoping to avoid injuries to star players.

At the end of the day, the NHL playoffs are pretty much when the real hockey begins.

The Leafs need consistent goaltending, some of the potentials to develop and time... I think Kadri may need another season with the Marlies, Mueller might be up next year and if Scrivens gets a little more seasoning he might be ready to come up and stay up.
If you want to feel better about the Toronto goaltending situation, just take a look at Tampa Bay.... Although I admit that I am secretly hopeful that Boucher is fired in a year or two so he ends up coaching the Habs.

I fully expect Halak and Elliot to collide in practice and both blow out their knees the day before the playoffs, but I'm enjoying this for now

Hanging on for dear life. The Panthers have heart attack games versus the Hurricanes.

Whatever. Just make it. At least a game on hand and a 5 point lead from 9th is 'slightly' comforting. Although I wouldn't bet on such a lead until there's like... 4 games remaining.

Watching a heck of a lot of Hockey over the last 12 months has helped. Reading through here, a few hockey forums and the Team1040 helps a lot ;)

Watching a heck of a lot of Hockey over the last 12 months has helped. Reading through here, a few hockey forums and the Team1040 helps a lot ;)
HF Boards is a decent hockey forum, just make sure to ignore most of the wacky trade proposals.

I find reading the zeitgeist of tens of thousands of hometown homer hockey fans actually does increase your league-wide knowledge.

HF Boards is a decent hockey forum, just make sure to ignore most of the wacky trade proposals.

I find reading the zeitgeist of tens of thousands of hometown homer hockey fans actually does increase your league-wide knowledge.

The only thing decent about HF Boards is that people at HF are 'in the know'. They're with the times, and you'll get fresh news updated the minute it is sent out.

Other than that, HF is a bunch of morons, homers, and loonies. Meanwhile, the gestapo run the boards over there so watch what you say.

And now, of course, with the bottom of the eastern conference within 1 point (!!!), I predict the usual come back attempt which will inevitably do nothing but decrease their chances for a good draft pick.

Im usually good natured about the Leafs and their shitty seasons but god damn, this one has really tested my patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom