National Hockey League 2011-2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't express how much... this is just surreal. The Panthers are winning. Not only are they winning, but they're holding onto 2nd place in the East. They're showing up to their games.

Again, even if it's all fake, we've never (in our entire history) been this high in the league.

But by the way they're playing as of late, knocking off Pittsburgh, destroying a 0-3 deficit in regulation time against the Devils, and now defeating the Rangers in a 1 goal game... they look to be legitimate.

In fact, no team has been easy whatsoever so far. Certainly teams like Boston and Pittsburgh would be more challenging opponents in the East, but for all intents and purposes 1 to 15 is still a competitive match on all ends.

Canucks needed a good game tonight. Manny gets his first of the year, Kesler plays his 500th game (and gets an empty-netter) and Vigneault now has the most wins of all Canucks coaches. It wasn't a particularly exciting game, but the win is all that matters. :)

As a kid, I used to dream of something like this happening. I mean, can you imagine? One moment you're doing your regular day job, next thing you know you're playing for your favourite pro sports franchise.

Wild sign 51-year old hockey goaltender | The Score

Fucking awesome!
Thanks for posting that; I would have missed it with the running around and cooking for Thanksgiving.

I can't express how much... this is just surreal. The Panthers are winning. Not only are they winning, but they're holding onto 2nd place in the East. They're showing up to their games.

Again, even if it's all fake, we've never (in our entire history) been this high in the league.

But by the way they're playing as of late, knocking off Pittsburgh, destroying a 0-3 deficit in regulation time against the Devils, and now defeating the Rangers in a 1 goal game... they look to be legitimate.

In fact, no team has been easy whatsoever so far. Certainly teams like Boston and Pittsburgh would be more challenging opponents in the East, but for all intents and purposes 1 to 15 is still a competitive match on all ends.

I'm really enjoying this Wild high! Leading the league for even one week is fun.

And, what awesome trades between the Wild and San Jose. Both teams clearly thriving because of it.

Fucking awesome!
Thanks for posting that; I would have missed it with the running around and cooking for Thanksgiving.

That is awesome. It would be great to see someone with a Deutsch sweater at Excel.

Traveled with the Flyers last weekend for their game in Winnipeg. Not a bad crowd - and it was good to see my favorites from the Thrashers skating.

Well when your $100 million investment starts to take a turn for the worst because a good coach tries to make him play defense (god forbid), that'll happen to ya.

Alexander Ovechkin is so used to letting his talent and skill make results for him. Ain't ever gonna win a Stanley Cup unless he's integrating that with a two way effort. Hate to say it, but that debate between Crosby and Ovechkin is long since buried.

Went to a Blues game against Washington last year and heard a kid behind me tell his Dad, "Ovechkin doen't play hard, Dad. He cherry picks."
Funny what a 10 year old kid can pick up watching a hockey game. :lol:

Personally, I can't wait to see if the Blues can shut him down Tuesday like they did to Cindy Crosby last week.

It's precisely what he does. He's a Pavel Bure. Amazing to watch until you realize that he's not actually as valuable as he might seem. He'll score you goals, but there's not a very accurate statistic for how many can be blamed on him going the other way as well.

The thing is... Ovechkin is built to be able to play both ways. He's not a small Russian. He's gritty and he's tough enough to carry his own weight at the very least. He can play defense, he just normally chooses not to. Now that he's being forced to...

Well, my Blues shut down Ovechkin tonight. 1 SOG and that was in the 3rd period.
Man, do I love the way Hitchcock has this team playing, hope they can keep it going.

Panthers step up to 5 points with a game up on Washington! It's so nice to see that room is developing! I hope they work real hard and create some security for this season early, so if things take a sour turn we've got some buffer room to make the playoffs!

So far so good!

I've seen Wayne Gretzky's daughter popping up in the news this morning. Apparently she was told by her father to shut down her Twitter account because she posted too many hot pictures of herself and her friends wearing revealing clothing.

The Greatest Gretzky ? CBS Chicago!

I've seen Wayne Gretzky's daughter popping up in the news this morning. Apparently she was told by her father to shut down her Twitter account because she posted too many hot pictures of herself and her friends wearing revealing clothing.

The Greatest Gretzky ? CBS Chicago!

Headache in a Suitcase said:
FUCK Dale Hunter.

I had no idea you were intetested in Hockey, HCase, why the hate for Hunter?

In other news, I'm looking foward to our inevitable beating at the hands of the bruins tonight - followed by another slaughter on Saturday... Im guessing 6 goals and 4 assists for Seguin tonight :happy:

I had no idea you were intetested in Hockey, HCase, why the hate for Hunter?

i used to watch hockey. the team i used to root for pretty much stopped trying about 15 years ago.

dale hunter began it's demise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xte-Vtxg-m8

he's as big a piece of shit as there is. frankly if the next islanders capitals game isn't an absolute slug fest based only on this hiring, then i would be more than happy if they took the franchise and moved them to kansas city or anywhere else.

Here's a question for BoMac and other Habs fans: what is with those turtle necks Tomas Plekanec is always wearing? Is there something wrong with his neck or is he just always cold? Inquiring minds want to know.

Just a personal preference, I believe.

TZPD7.jpg

I'm a fan of the turtleneck (or is that technically a mock turtleneck?). Hmn.

Also, Dale Hunter is a fucking piece of shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom