name the worst song on your favourite album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I always liked "The Lifting", "She Just Wants To Be" and "Disappear."

And "Leaving NY" is one of the best songs they've written. The rest of the album, meh, but that tune is ace in the hole.

Orange Crush is it? Dang. World Leader Pretend ... Pop Song 89 ... You Are the Everything ... I Remember California ... Untitled .... :drool:

'Country Feedback' is a perfect, perfect song.

Although one I haven't seen mentioned yet (maybe because I just scanned through the last few pages) is 'I'll Take The Rain' from Reveal. Kinda reflects how I feel at the mo.

MrBrau1 said:
I always liked "The Lifting", "She Just Wants To Be" and "Disappear."

And "Leaving NY" is one of the best songs they've written. The rest of the album, meh, but that tune is ace in the hole.

Leaving New York is fucking ace.

I also like The Outsiders and The Ascent of Man. Other than that. :shrug:

And on Reveal I really absolutely adore I've Been High.

And I quite enjoy The Lifting, Imitation of Life, All The Way to Reno, and of course Beat A Drum :drool:

Stand is pretty annoying. But that's kinda the point. :shrug: I don't hate it though. Just always skip it.

I'm starting to get a VERY tender soft-spot for Monster. It has some rubbish, but it's just such an invigorating, fun record.

I have a bootleg from the Green tour where Stipe introduces Stand as being "... alongside Samuel Barber's 'Adagio For Strings', one of the greatest pieces of music ever produced by man."

:lol:

Then of course, there's Tour Film, where they play it right off the bat. If I recall correctly, they did that a lot in the tour, just to get the damned song over with.

It's a very silly song, but fun. Less annoying than Shiny Happy People.

"Let Me In" is one of the most achingly beautiful things I've ever heard.

:) Wow, this thread has really reminded me in full why R.E.M. was always one of my favorite bands, and still is it turns out.

Let Me In is amazing. Mike Mills totally thrashed the hell out of that guitar when they did it live.

Mike Mills is seriously one of my favorite people in the world. He just seems to be the most genuinely likable guy on the planet (one of the most talented as well).

But seriously, aside from drum machines, a couple of session drummers (Joey Waronker and Barrett Martin) filled the percussion duties.

Joey Waronker toured with them for Up. He was good.

I'm sure he was very good, but I wasn't paying attention to the drumming. I was too busy freaking out in sheer ecstatic delight at being 8th row center. :drool:

I believe I was 10th row stage left for my first concert ever (R.E.M. Atlantic City 2004), but I'm not 100% sure.

I want to see REM ASAP. I really just became a fan maybe...a year ago, so I missed the last tour by a bit.

Definitely see them if you get the chance, they're really the only thing that's come close to the amazingness of U2 live, that i've seen so far.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom