Name the album(s) you just bought

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the weekend, I just bought 2 CDs, both of them by The Pixies...

"Bossanova" and "Surfer Rosa".... both absolutely amazing! Any of you heard those albums?

dougal

Popmartijn said:
Hello,

Coldplay - Clocks single (part 2 of the Dutch 3 CD-set, with exclusive live tracks!)

Hey Marty

where did you get this? I found the 3 discs on a website Salome sent me but I could not understand the language so I did not buy it yet.

I am going to try and have google translate, but thought I would ask.

thanks

- DiGi

Last night bought Marvin Gaye, "Let's Get It On."

2 days ago joined BMG and ordered:

Kate Bush - The Whole Story
Coldplay - Parachutes
Sigur Ros - ()
Joe Jackson - I'm the Man
Outkast - Stankonia
Tricky - Pre-Millenium Tension

Yes, some of my selections are based on the recommendations of fellow Interferencers. I hope they're good. :wink:

This morning I bought the new Fleetwood Mac album (I like them, so sue me :tongue: ). And then this afternoon I picked up the reissue of Uncle Tupelo's "No Depression". I was highly tempted to buy the other reissues as well, but, thankfully, I was able to restrain myself. Btw, it was quite the ordeal trying to find Uncle Tupelo in my neighborhood. The new 50 Cent was practically whacking me in the head, however. Ah well. I'll be moving soon.

Hallelujah, did you see my recent post in the Uncle Tupelo thread about Rolling Stone rating the re-issue of Anodyne 5 stars?

I guess its cool to like UT again........lol

Let me know how No Depression is......

Elvis- I didn't see your post, but I saw the Anodyne review. It was nice to see it get such a high rating, but the review was bizarre. It sort of tried to review all of the reissues in one crack without really mentioning why it thought this particular cd deserved 5 stars. And it did reek of "it's hip to like this, so we're rating it high." lol. I don't know why I expected a Rolling Stone review to make sense. ;)

The cd sounds great, btw. I've never heard all of No Depression, so this is really exciting for me. And the liner notes are glorious. Mike Heidhorn wrote them (which I hadn't known until I opened the cd and saw his name there) and I love looking at all the old pictures.

Over the past month I bought the following cd's:

HIM - Love Metal
Pixies - Bossanova
The Smiths - Louder than bombs
Placebo - Sleeping with ghosts
Molotov - Dance and Dense Denso
Liquid Sun - Feel the liquid sun

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:
Elvis- I didn't see your post, but I saw the Anodyne review. It was nice to see it get such a high rating, but the review was bizarre. It sort of tried to review all of the reissues in one crack without really mentioning why it thought this particular cd deserved 5 stars. And it did reek of "it's hip to like this, so we're rating it high." lol. I don't know why I expected a Rolling Stone review to make sense. ;)

The cd sounds great, btw. I've never heard all of No Depression, so this is really exciting for me. And the liner notes are glorious. Mike Heidhorn wrote them (which I hadn't known until I opened the cd and saw his name there) and I love looking at all the old pictures.

Yeah, I have little to no respect for RS reviews lately, glad to hear you like ND, Im resisthing the urge to go and purchase it and several others right now......:mad:

pub crawler said:
2 days ago joined BMG and ordered:

Kate Bush - The Whole Story
Coldplay - Parachutes
Sigur Ros - ()
Joe Jackson - I'm the Man
Outkast - Stankonia
Tricky - Pre-Millenium Tension

Yes, some of my selections are based on the recommendations of fellow Interferencers. I hope they're good. :wink:

I bought The Whole Story recently, and I love it!

Today:

Day I Forgot, Pete Yorn
Heartbreaker, Ryan Adams

Contemplated buying:
Something by the Jayhawks upon recommendation from Todd, my cool-record-shop music guru guy
Car Wheels on a Gravel Road, Lucinda Williams

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
ok the only one i haven't heard of in your selection is Tricky. what type of music do they play?

most like to slot him into trip hop, he's a funny little fellow

I'm thinking of getting the Jayhawks album too. I downloaded some songs from it and they're fantastic.

And you simply MUST get "Car Wheels on a Gravel Road". That album is damn near flawless.

bought three today!!

modest mouse - the moon and antartica.
Very philosophical plus great great music. I am a little hesitant about the lyrics since they are very anti-creation, atheistic and whatnot. But I'm not going to not listen to it just cos of dat, I spose!

Lambchop - how I quit smoking
beautiful! like velvet underground meets Low!! very nice

Beck - Odelay
classic, of course. Any record collection essential

aaah basstrap,
great choice to pick up Lambchops "How I Quit Smoking"

definately a great album

anyone know anything about the cooper temper clause or something like that.

i dont even know if thats there actual name or not.

but if it is, do any of you like them?

In the past week I have picked up:

Bonnie "Prince" Billy - Ease Down The Road
Cursive - The Ugly Organ
Slint - Tweez
The White Stripes - Elephant
Do Make Say Think - Goodbye Enemy Airship The Landlord is Dead

yesterday i got pete yorn-day i forgot...when it came out...mmm...more than 50% off yorney goodness ;)....

i've listened to it 3 times already... good stuff :up:

now i'm even more excited about the show! :hyper: 16 days!

david said:
Bonnie "Prince" Billy - Ease Down The Road
since I'm trying to become the chairman of the international Will Oldham fanclub (ok I'm not, but I should) I have to applaud this one

Basstrap said:

modest mouse - the moon and antartica.
Very philosophical plus great great music. I am a little hesitant about the lyrics since they are very anti-creation, atheistic and whatnot. But I'm not going to not listen to it just cos of dat, I spose!

That's a fantastic album. I agree, the lyrics are a little odd in places, but the over all album is a masterpiece. Great stuff. My favs are Wild Pack of Family Dogs, Paper Thin Walls, 3rd Planet, and Gravity Rides Everything.

Salome said:
since I'm trying to become the chairman of the international Will Oldham fanclub (ok I'm not, but I should) I have to applaud this one

In the past 5 month's I've purchased all his CDs under that name.

My favorite is "I See a Darkness"

Salome said:
aaah basstrap,
great choice to pick up Lambchops "How I Quit Smoking"

definately a great album

:yes:

As for Cooper Temple Clause, they're an interesting group :crazy:. "Did You Miss Me?" is okay, but I couldn't really get into anything else on their album. I know a girl who is obsessed with them, though. :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom