Name the album(s) you just bought

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
my entire two day used cd national day bonanza:

Pulp - 'His 'N Hers'
Moloko - 'Do You Like My Tight Sweater?'
Midnight Oil - 'Earth And Sun And Moon'
Pearl Jam - 'No Code'
Ride - 'Today Forever' single
Idlewild - 'The Remote Part'*
Ash - '1977'*

*Of course, no one would be dumb enough to sell off their copy of 'The Remote Part' unless there was something very wrong with it, namely, it was scratched beyond belief and unable to play on anything I had in the house. I proceeded to return it and picked out the Ash album.

no code purchases :up:

heartlandgirl, you reminded me i still need to acquire the bends...

That's sad about The Remote Part, yertle. Everyone should own that album. Want me to send you my copy? :wink:

The Bends is good stuff. Maybe you could find it used somewhere, IWB. Then again, if I saw The Bends in a used bin, I'd have to assume someone sold it to feed their children, because I couldn't think of any other reason someone would get rid of it.

i've got this problem, everytime i go to the store intending on buying the bends, i end up running into another cd first, and buying that, thus forgetting all about radiohead.

i can't think of another reason someone would get ride of it, either. brilliant album.

Loretta Lynn - Van Lear Rose
Johnny Cash - American IV: The Man Comes Around
k.d. lang - hymns of the 49th parallel
Soundtrack to Princess Diaries 2 - Royal Engagement

Essential Glastonbury - The Greatest Hits from the Greatest Festival

Before you all get excited...It's a freebie in the latest issue of 'Q' magazine with Oasis on the cover.

I thought it was going to be live songs from the actual festival. Instead it is songs by artists who have appeared at the festival. Nice cd but I was disappointed. I was expecting something else.

Artists:
Muse
REM
Manic Street Preachers
The Kinks
Radiohead
Coldplay
The Cure
David Bowie
The Flaming Lips
Ash
Stereophonics
The Chemical Brothers

hudson falcons - for those whose hearts and souls are true

there's a kick-ass cover of springsteen's "open all night" at the end of this cd (so i put the case right next to my copy of nebraska :wink: actually, that was the only place on the shelf that i had room for it...). the falcons are from NJ, by the way...

More new stuff from the second hand world :

Judas Priest - Britisch steel
Weezer - Weezer
Sparta - Wiretap scars

Rono said:

Weezer - Weezer
Sparta - Wiretap scars

:up:

Ironically, I saw Sparta open for Weezer in concert a few years ago. I think I was the only person there who actually knew Sparta lyrics (their album hadn't even been released yet). Both bands were great live, and both of those albums are great too!

HeartlandGirl said:
if I saw The Bends in a used bin, I'd have to assume someone sold it to feed their children, because I couldn't think of any other reason someone would get rid of it.
:lmao:...I bought my copy at a garage sale, the couple selling it had become christians and were sellinh their fine selection of 'devil's music" :up:

I feel a bit guilty about this so I'll use small font...less of sin that way eh? Hub discovered one of his students has 100's of albums stored on his hard drive, so he bought me home a few last night :hyper:

Essential Bob Dylan 2 discs- hearing this instantly zapped me back to my childhood. For the record I think Bob Dylan has a great singing voice.

Fleetwood Mac- Rumours

Aretha Franklin- Queen of Song ( this one is going to get played a LOT..and sung along with and danced to)

The Who- Live At Leeds

Living Colour- Vivid ( hearing this reminded me of my middle son and his style of guitar-playing. I miss hearing him play, got to get him out here for a jam...a LOUD jam)

:heart: music

Just pre-ordered JAMMED, the new cd by The Church. This is the description from the Church Merch:

"The first in a projected series of jam cds The Church intends to make available over the coming years, JAMMED finds the church in full instrumental mode; ebbing, flowing, distorting, rocking and floating through over an hour of improvisational compositions.....a must have for those who want to be closer to the source!"

The Church in full stoner mode! Woo Hoo!!

don't every one faint at once. I actually bought a full price NEW CD today

Coldplay- Rush of Blood to the Head

Just picked up the Supersuckers DVD ( live in Anaheim ) There comes a bonus live cd with it :up:

I bought Ashlee Simpson's "Autobiography" last weekend after getting caught up in a little mini-marathon of her show on MTV. It is really great, rockin', fun. I really dig it, have listened to it nearly every day since buying it.

The Jayhawks - Rainy Day Music
Beth Orton - Daybreaker
The Stills - Logic Will Break Your Heart

I saw The Stills last December when they opened for Ryan Adams, and I wasn't that impressed. People kept insisting that I check out the album and not judge them by their live show. I'm glad I did...the album is great. :up:

FC Kahuna - Machine Says Yes

It's alright. But it would be better to stick on a chem bros album

The Cure - Join the Dots [what I was really searching for!]
U2 - The Best of 1990-2000 [with the B-Sides disc]
The Cure - The Top [I did have a burned copy but apparently it's out of print? :shrug: I figured as long as there was a used copy I might as well buy it]
Morrissey - Vauxhall & I [My first Morrissey solo album. It's very good; I'll be looking for more of his stuff]
and some U2 Live bootleg collection. I thought it was a Zoo TV show but as it turned out I had half of the tracks on MP3 already. Not quite worth the $20, but it was still good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom