My U2 Moment........................

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EveClayton

War Child
Ok........ u may find this interesting or not but it made my day much easier at work :

Every day on my way to work I listen to one of my u2 cds. It's my stress reliever and it prepares me for the day ahead. Anyways I was listening to Pop today and I was entering the elevator to get to my floor ,this other guy who works on the same floor as me came in.This is how the conversation went:-

Guy : "Goodmorning" *smiles*

Me: "Goodmorning" *smiles back*

Guy: "What r u listening to?" *smiles*

Me: *Has a big smile on* U2

Guy: " U2????????????" *Smiles surprisingly*

Me: "Yea they r a good band*

Guy : "Yea I know....... but I wouldnt have imagined a generation as young as u to be listening to them,"

Guy: " When u tell someone u been to a rolling stone concert in 1985 ( cant remember what yr exactly he told me) they'd say wow ur old,"

*Both Guy and I laugh*

Me:- "Well have a good day,"

Guy :- " U 2 *laughs* no pun intended*

*Goes our separate way*

Doesnt it make u happy when u talk about U2 with a stranger?????????
:wink: :wink: :|

I was at Kroger today, getting ready to check out. They have several self-scan lanes, and one of the lanes is numbered U2 (the other "U-Scan" lanes are U1, U3, U4, etc.). One of the other lanes opened first, and the guy behind me says, "That one is open (NOT the U2 lane)" - I say, "no, you go ahead, I'm waiting for the U2 lane - yes I have issues" :crack:

He just looked at me really weird :eyebrow:

:laugh: @ Beth!

If I was at a U2 concert in '85 does that make me old? :grumpy:

my moment today was that i was grumpy and i got in the car, flipped on the crummy radio and mysterious ways was on! coolness
and then later i was grumpy again
and i got in the car
there it was again
mysterious ways, different station! woo hoo, u2 rocks
i would so wait for the u2 lane, dont feel bad :D
and yes, it feels really good to talk about u2 to a stranger. it happens to me a lot because of my tattoo

My U2 moment for the day was when a friend in England messengered me and told me she bought me a copy of the Irving Plaza DVD and was sending it to me as a pressie.

Sqqueeeeeee!!!!!!!

(((Digi))))

If you stop to think about it, I'll bet you all have some subtle U2 moments many days. My hubby bought me a portable CD player for a gift---I think it was for Valentines Day. (don't judge :wink: ) He told me that he had searched high and lo for this particular brand and finally found one and it had been the last one on the shelf. I turned the plastic packaging over and found a random bar code sticker stuck to the back of it...it definitely didn't belong on the CD player pkging......underneath the bar code, on the same sticker was U2 in big bold letters!

I cut out the sticker :hyper: and I saved it. I don't know if I still have the CD player.

I mentioned my Bill Flanagan book to a friend of mine in English (don't remember exactly what we were talking about... probably band literature) and my English teacher (~28, I think) is walking by and says 'Yeah, new album in November, you know.' :D

It was sweet.

Originally posted by bonosloveslave
No - it makes you lucky! :yes:
Hell yeah! It makes you... experienced.

I was actually writing a new auto policy (or making some changes - don't remember which) for a client a few months ago. He looked up at my little French memo board I keep just to the left of my monitor & noticed several of my B-man pics that I find to be "office appropriate" (LOL). He & his wife had been to see them 4 or 5 times, had managed to sneak backstage twice and actually got autographs from Larry & Adam on a dollar bill during one of those sneaks!! Needless to say, I promptly threw him out of my office in a jealous rage :madspit: !!

Not really - I just expressed my intense desire to be as lucky as he had and said I'd see him at the next concert. That just made my whole day!! :up: :up:

i had a U2 moment tuesday...

my friend and i went went downtown because of the vice presidential debate was being held here in cleveland...
and john edwards had a rally after the debate..
and my friend and i went down there and after the debate, john edwards came out and spoke to the crowd for a bit
and as soon as he was done with his speech, what song comes on, so very very very loud?
U2- Beautiful Day!

I flipped out! lol and so my friend and i walked around singing the song very very very loudly.
we got a lot of strange looks. lol but it was very worth it...
i couldnt resist singing.

and just hearing U2 that loud...made me so pumped for this new U2 album and tour. especially the tour...I CAN'T WAIT!

but that was my U2 moment!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom