My name is Kristina and I'm addicted to VH1 Classics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

~LadyLemon~

I Serve Larry's Stick
Seriously, this is the coolest channel ever. Remember how great MTV was before the 90s? Ah...bliss. And videos!

We've had this channel for over a year at home, but I don't have it at school. When I'm at home I have it on constantly, and when I'm back at school, I get sad pangs of withdrawal.

Since I'm an 80s new wave fanatic, my favorite program is We Are the 80s. The other show I'm obsessed with is Rock Fest, so I can get my Clash, Zeppelin, and Van Halen fixes.

Speaking of Van Halen, there's also that little gem of theirs called Pretty Woman, which is the art of video in it's peak form. Hehe. Good stuff!

My friend and I even devised a long and elaborate drinking game to go along with our obsession. Then we have the best of both worlds: booze and cheesy videos. And of course it always makes my day to catch a video from our favorite Irishmen. Mmm. Larry in tight jeans.

:sexywink:

Last edited:
Our digital cable package just added a bunch of MTV and VH-1 channels, including that one...it's one of my fave channels. :heart: Between that channel and Game Show Network, I'm all set!!!! :D

VH1 Classics is awesome! My cable service likes to taunt the people who don't get digital cable with channels that you could get if you subscribed to the digital packages, and one of the channels it taunts us with is VH1 Classics. I only get it about one day a week, but I love watching it when it's on. :up:

i too love the 80s show, and rock fest. i also tend to like pop show sometimes, although sometimes they get on a kick where they only play old pop music, and play like nothing but beach boys, the beatles, the partridge family, etc.

another interesting thing to watch is the all-request hour. i always see the most obscure stuff on there (my husband and i swear that it's the artist who requests it because they're all depressed for never having a career because no one else in the world could've possibly heard of these songs!) and crack up over the crappy, low-budget videos.

i've had mtv2 for a while as well, and i hate how it's gone in the crapper. i remember when you could see older videos on there, and now all they play is rap, nu metal, and the rock/rap/metal hybrids.

I used to have that channel when I was living on my own, it was like the only channel I watched. I miss it so much :sad: We are the 80s was my favorite, I love 80s music even the crappy stuff and they played u2 on almost every episode.

Last edited:
HAHAHA!

KhanadaRhodes said:
(my husband and i swear that it's the artist who requests it because they're all depressed for never having a career because no one else in the world could've possibly heard of these songs!)

Oh man, that's funny. What a great theory!

I love this channel!!! I happen to have this and the other MTV music channels and by far the WE ARE THE 80'S is great because it reminds me of that time in my life. I love it!!! I'm so glad that I didn't get the MTV 2 package!:yes:

Back
Top Bottom