MUSE Part 3...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Matt's suit from Q awards :ohmy: It looks like he officially adopted Lady Gaga as his fashion muse.

They also won for Best Act in the World Today.

s.jpg

Saracene, I've been meaning to tell you for some time now that your avatar is distractingly hot.

:lmao: WHat the heck Matt? What the heck?

It still confuses me hearing Undisclosed Desires on the radio. :lol: It sounds so un-Muse ish. I'm starting to like the song more because of it though.

:lmao: WHat the heck Matt? What the heck?

It still confuses me hearing Undisclosed Desires on the radio. :lol: It sounds so un-Muse ish. I'm starting to like the song more because of it though.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THE KEYTAR!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool: x infinity! Seeing them play it live is AWESOMESAUCE!! I think I got to hear it live 3 out of the four shows I saw when they supported U2..

The Berlin show was very good, the O2 arena wasn't sold out by far, still good atmosphere. I was right in front of the stage and took a lot of pictures. Stage and effects were amazing, especially in the beginning. Set was good, too, but I missed Bliss. My favourites from Resistance are clearly the title track and Undisclosed Desires :drool: Matt is an amazing musician, I loved to see him play so many instruments. Loved the big balloons that were thrown into the audience. I know many Muse fans are complaining about the static setlist, I cannot say anything about that because I only saw this one show.

I liked it. Not really overwhelming, but very good. There was something missing, I just cannot put my finger on it, but I guess it has something to do by being spoilt with U2 shows. The Muse show was a great rock concert, but it missed the warmth and audience connection and communication of a U2 show. It cannot really be compared, but newspaper reviews also said that they were playing in a quite sterile and non-communicative way. Music was fine, nothing to complain, but I missed the band and audience interaction. Also, I found the pauses they took after nearly every song to shift stuff around on the stage really annoying.

Also, I think I'm a little too old for the typical Muse audience. So many young people. Sound was ok, but I could hardly make anything out that Matt was saying - not that he was saying much. The support act was horrible, the worst band I've ever seen, I have no idea who they were :huh:

Here are some of the pictures:

IMG_7236.jpg

Matt with his glowing guitar :lol:

IMG_7245.jpg

IMG_7258.jpg

IMG_7266.jpg

IMG_7270.jpg

I was standing a little on the left, sadly, Matt turned his back to us when playing the piano:

IMG_7284.jpg

Those cubes were crazy:

IMG_7288.jpg

Wow, great pics! I especially like the glowing Matt :) I wish my camera was that good, I just end up with a bunch of blurry crap most of the time.

Yeah I've seen similar comments from other people about the lack of audience interaction and how it impacted their experience, which I can understand though it never bothered me personally.

Heh, last time I saw Muse I was like the oldest person in general admission and I'm not even 30 yet. Works for me though since that also left me the tallest person around :D

Thanks for the recap and fantastic photos. I really do hope I get a chance to see those floating cubes in person. They look great.

I appreciate your observations about the show, and have read similar comments about the lack of band interaction with the audience. I can see how you would feel something was missing when you compare that aspect to a U2 show, while at the same time still enjoying the band's overall performance.

I know I will probably be the oldest person at a Muse show, so definitely no GA for this old lady :wink:

Also, I think I'm a little too old for the typical Muse audience. So many young people. Sound was ok, but I could hardly make anything out that Matt was saying - not that he was saying much. The support act was horrible, the worst band I've ever seen, I have no idea who they were :huh:

I think the opening band is "The Horrors", seems appropriate now!

I think the staging might be giving the distracting vibe. Usually all band members are on the ground(stage) and thrashing about more.

Cannot wait till they announce US tour! May try to get my thirty-four year old self to a GA pit once more. *crosses fingers*

Jess:wink:

love the pics LU !! :applaud:

make me super :hyper: for the tour here in the US!

<still :waiting:

btw.. I will be draggin my 44yr old arse to some Muse shows amongst the GA crowd thankyouverymuch....:D

Back
Top Bottom