Multiple single formats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jako

Babyface
I am getting sick and tierd of the multiple versions of singles the band is putting out. It feels like the hardcore fans are being exploited in that they are probably the only people who buy all three versions. Each version is quite similar with the only distinguishing feature being the inclusion of an extra remix or a new song. I am really starting to lose my belief that the band is above all the corporate and financial bullsh*t and has its music and fans as its top priorities.

One simple solution... don't buy 'em if you don't want them/need them... You can still be a fan and not own every single piece of merchandise out there

:shrug:

I know it's a simple solution, but it works...

:wink:

I suppose I just don't like the idea of duplication, where you're buying a second or third version and still getting the original on them. You're really paying the full amount for only maybe half of the content. That's the beauty of the itunes music store i suppose where you only pay for tracks you want. Can you buy individual tracks from singles on the iTunes music store (it's not up and running in Australia yet)?

jako said:
I suppose I just don't like the idea of duplication, where you're buying a second or third version and still getting the original on them. You're really paying the full amount for only maybe half of the content. That's the beauty of the itunes music store i suppose where you only pay for tracks you want. Can you buy individual tracks from singles on the iTunes music store (it's not up and running in Australia yet)?

you can - it's good, because the price of one song is proportional to the cost of the whole single in most cases, so you don't lose money.

The Manic Street Preachers have the right idea.

For each single off their latest album, they have been offering 2 versions of the CD single and the DVD single for 5 pounds (at HMV or the band's website) and you get:

2 video clips
5 NEW b-sides
2 version of the main track
1 little wallet thingy to keep them in

Not bad for 5 pounds heh?

So far they have released 2 singles, so fans have 10 b-sides already with a 3rd single slated for April.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom