More September Rumors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mofo

Refugee
Apparently a fan met Bono in Atlanta and talked to him

"He said that there has been a snag in the recording of the album and right now they are planning for it to come out in September. Also, it should have 12 tracks, for those who care about such things."

Anyway I just got it from U2Guatemala.com, so just another rumor

:down:

man, there is just always a "snag" in the recording process with them....at least since 1990 it's been that way.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
"This is the start of a very creative time for us. We're not going to make you wait too long for new tunes."
-Bono, October 28, 2001, East Rutheford, NJ

:wink:

I was there! And then I was in Providence on the 30th... and the 31st...

Shit, they were all on school nights and i went to school after each day too.....tired, but giddy with glee

actually, i think we all want the same thing, a new u2 record as soon as possible

i would love to be wrong here, and part of the reason i keep saying fall is so that if it is fall, then that was what i was expecting, if its spring, then even better, sooner than i expected. i prefer that than the disappointment of expecting spring only to have it delayed to fall.

but it does keep looking more and more like a fall release.

i'm starting to wonder if we'll even see this album at all. to be honest, every time i visit this site, i brace myself for the news that U2 has called it quits.

Chizip said:
but everyone here has told me THEY ARE DONE WITH RECORDING!!!

Well Adam did say it was "cooked", McGuiness said it "should" have been out by Christmas. (not to mention Corbijn's May date when he took the pics in December). Bono said he'd like to be on tour this fall, so most likely the album would have been out a few months ago (like ATYCLB and Elevation tour start gap).

Kind of made sense to us the album was going to be out in the spring.

Then we heard the PR lady, first talking about winter and later changing it, and now Bono talking about "tentative" September (so it might come out even later) album and 2005 tour. If this is true, IMO something bad is going on with the recording of the album.

:shrug: Who knows what to think anymore anyway?

*edit* somehow the more I think about it, the more it seems to me that they're scrapping what they've done so far and starting over. why else delay something that's been proclaimed as "done", and for so long?

Last edited:
Perhaps all this is just to avoid the media hype and sneak the album up under us...we should know for certain soon. It doesnt make sense that after everything thats been said in recent weeks that something this major could happen to delay it that much

I think it could be a snag in track selection more then working on any one or two tracks.......besides all the songs need is a little more drums

things can seemingly be "done" at one point, and then after further review, not done

i imagine this is what has happened, and with u2 its something you should expect

People, people, people...

How can you sit there and be sooo suprised that there is a new rumor as each day passes by? You are GUARANTEED a new rumor, whether it makes sense or not, by coming to interference.com. That's what it's there for! You think dull and boring rumors like "May" and "September" are headline stories? Pfft...wait till you hear the upcoming rumors that are being sent out to many "reliable" sources as we speak! Here's a taste. (I heard this from Edge's babysiter's fiance that heard it from a bully from the 6th grade.)

-The "snag" we have been hearing about is simply this and nothing more; Bono is pushing to have a double album that features duets of the very same songs on the first CD! Some of the rumored artists include: Bjork, John Flansburgh, Michael Jackson, Nelly, and Elvis' corpse. (Furthermore, it is rumored that Elvis isn't actually dead. Stay tuned for that!)

- Did you hear that Bono is in works with president Bush to annex Africa? That's right! And if he won't do it, Bono is set to support Dean to office, assuming Dean will pretend he doesn't know him, as requested by the band.

- Have you ever heard rock music from Venus? Well, it would sound similar to a faint scramble fighting to find airwaves amongst the bone melting heat that would be smeltering the immediate surroundings around you at about 477 degrees celsius. And you wonder why the band is delaying the album!

- A "super-ultra-mega-stupid fresh-reliable source" told me last night in my sleep that the album is, in fact, already available. If the secret word is uddered to several CD salesmen working at checkouts around the nation, it is said that from under the counter will pop out a CD entitled "Solar: Self Titled and wide open". This is not confirmed as of yet.

As you can see, there are many rumors yet to come...also, I bet you can't wait to hear how The Edge REALLY lost his hair!

Swan269 said:
I think it could be a snag in track selection more then working on any one or two tracks.......besides all the songs need is a little more drums

.........or a little more cow bell

ZigZag said:

How can you sit there and be sooo suprised that there is a new rumor as each day passes by? You are GUARANTEED a new rumor, whether it makes sense or not, by coming to interference.com. That's what it's there for! You think dull and boring rumors like "May" and "September" are headline stories? Pfft...wait till you hear the upcoming rumors that are being sent out to many "reliable" sources as we speak! Here's a taste. (I heard this from Edge's babysiter's fiance that heard it from a bully from the 6th grade.)

-The "snag" we have been hearing about is simply this and nothing more; Bono is pushing to have a double album that features duets of the very same songs on the first CD! Some of the rumored artists include: Bjork, John Flansburgh, Michael Jackson, Nelly, and Elvis' corpse. (Furthermore, it is rumored that Elvis isn't actually dead. Stay tuned for that!)

- Did you hear that Bono is in works with president Bush to annex Africa? That's right! And if he won't do it, Bono is set to support Dean to office, assuming Dean will pretend he doesn't know him, as requested by the band.

- Have you ever heard rock music from Venus? Well, it would sound similar to a faint scramble fighting to find airwaves amongst the bone melting heat that would be smeltering the immediate surroundings around you at about 477 degrees celsius. And you wonder why the band is delaying the album!

- A "super-ultra-mega-stupid fresh-reliable source" told me last night in my sleep that the album is, in fact, already available. If the secret word is uddered to several CD salesmen working at checkouts around the nation, it is said that from under the counter will pop out a CD entitled "Solar: Self Titled and wide open". This is not confirmed as of yet.

As you can see, there are many rumors yet to come...also, I bet you can't wait to hear how The Edge REALLY lost his hair!
ZigZag, I know you from somewhere...

At least that's what a reliable source tells me. :sexywink:

ZigZag said:

LMAO, good point though

ZigZag said:

f*ck me, but I'd rather he annex AMERICA, lord knows we could use it.

I dont care about the U2 album, give me Bono JLo duet please.

Anybody here knows the meaning of American Prayer??

To those of you who keep saying "This is all just a media ploy so they can surprise with the album in May", I'm sorry but you're dreaming. I really believe they hit a snag with this album. I really think it has to do with bringing in Chris Thomas. I don't think he worked like they hoped he would. We've heard nothing about Chris for a long time now. There it is. Maybe they brought in Daniel to help them. So when they say fall of this year, I think they mean it.

The_acrobat said:
To those of you who keep saying "This is all just a media ploy so they can surprise with the album in May", I'm sorry but you're dreaming. I really believe they hit a snag with this album. I really think it has to do with bringing in Chris Thomas. I don't think he worked like they hoped he would. We've heard nothing about Chris for a long time now. There it is. Maybe they brought in Daniel to help them. So when they say fall of this year, I think they mean it.
It's possible, but I doubt it. Chris Thomas has a VERY extensive track record and has worked with numerous big name artists. U2 have completed several songs with him already, and we know at least a few of these are reportedly excellent tracks. Chris Thomas has worked with everyone from Elton John to INXS to Pulp to The Beatles to Pink Floyd to Roxy Music, the list goes on. I don't think U2 of all bands should have a problem with him, but I suppose anything is possible. I just don't think it's very likely.

As for Daniel Lanois, the reason he was called in was because the last date of his tour finished in Dublin. He happened to be in town, so naturally Bono brought him into the studio.

Sure, they might have hit a recording snag with the album, but this could mean just about anything. Maybe there's one song they can't get quite right (ala 'Where the Streets Have No Name'). This isn't necessarily an issue with Chris Thomas, though. I just can't see him being the problem, given the fact he's already helped the band come up with TEN singles so far (according to Bono).

I think all the rumors are BS until we're officially told different. Yes, two weeks ago I was all about March, and then May, now I'm all about an official statement or release. I'll wait for that before I spout off again.

Michael Griffiths said:

It's possible, but I doubt it. Chris Thomas has a VERY extensive track record and has worked with numerous big name artists. U2 have completed several songs with him already, and we know at least a few of these are reportedly excellent tracks. Chris Thomas has worked with everyone from Elton John to INXS to Pulp to The Beatles to Pink Floyd to Roxy Music, the list goes on. I don't think U2 of all bands should have a problem with him, but I suppose anything is possible. I just don't think it's very likely.

As for Daniel Lanois, the reason he was called in was because the last date of his tour finished in Dublin. He happened to be in town, so naturally Bono brought him into the studio.

Sure, they might have hit a recording snag with the album, but this could mean just about anything. Maybe there's one song they can't get quite right (ala 'Where the Streets Have No Name'). This isn't necessarily an issue with Chris Thomas, though. I just can't see him being the problem, given the fact he's already helped the band come up with TEN singles so far (according to Bono).

It was suppossed to be 12 singles for ATYCLB.

remember way back when daniel lanois first went to the studio and then they went to put strings in a few songs that bono said was crap, sooooome of us said it looks like there could possbily be a delay.

oh how we were mocked as pessimists and the album would be released in the spring and THERE IS NO DELAY and THE ALBUM IS DONE...

dont worry, ill accept your apologies.

Chizip said:
remember way back when daniel lanois first went to the studio and then they went to put strings in a few songs that bono said was crap, sooooome of us said it looks like there could possbily be a delay.

oh how we were mocked as pessimists and the album would be released in the spring and THERE IS NO DELAY and THE ALBUM IS DONE...

dont worry, ill accept your apologies.
The songs with the strings were thrown out *before* Lanois even set foot in the studio, so there goes that theory. Besides, the band has often scrapped songs and gone with previously written songs instead, so I don't see the connection you're trying to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom