more on Bono editing in 'The Independent'...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bonocomet said:
I think earlier in this thread someone said if you call the phone number on the order page you can arrange shipping to the US and still order the paper from there.

Thanks! Too bad I don't have long distance, let alone access to call Europe. Ah well, I can enjoy the scans...

As a follow-up to Bono's editing of the Independent, i bought it today&here's a few of the letters which were sent in, giving their opinion on his ideas:

Having seen the pictures of Bono with his slick corporate CEO friends earlier in the week, I approached the RED Independent (16 May) with caution. Trepidation turned to nausea as i encountered Hirst, Brown, Blair, Taylor-Wood, Armani and, to top it all off, the annointed one, Geldof. If only RED sold ivory towers....
However, i read Bono's editorial and to be fair, his heart (and some of his head) is in the right place. So much to my chagrin, i'll apply for a RED card.

Another:

Bono is an excellent musician, but a misguded politician. His association with Bush and Blair has given them some moral legitimacy in return for a few crumbs to Africa - not too mention inviting that well known bastion of liberalism Condaleeza Rice, to contribute, while the suffering of Iraqis and Palestinians continues.

A final letter:

Bono asks in his guest editorial, what can i do? The answer is simple - for him, Geldof, and the hundreds of others in their sphere who really wish to change things dramatically and totally give everything away. The lot. Give away your millions, all of you; set that psychological example to the young who dote on you, and you will create an explosion that cannot be ignored and will resound for the rest of the century. Will you have the guts?

Thought i'd buy it today also to see what opinions were on the issue :)

1da6c678.jpg

susanp6 said:

Thought i'd buy it today also to see what opinions were on the issue :)

Glad you did -- I was curious about what people thought of it. Thanks!

I guess some people have to be negative about everything. At least they could think before writing. As if Bono giving away his millions would make a change. Those things do not relate. Maybe it would be a better idea to encourage those who have their millions to do more.

last unicorn said:
I guess some people have to be negative about everything. At least they could think before writing. As if Bono giving away his millions would make a change. Those things do not relate. Maybe it would be a better idea to encourage those who have their millions to do more.

yea, I mean, those millions owuld only be a temporary solution.. trade is the answer, not aid :) as they put it nicely...

Hi

Could Sami0201 & Kelly Ahern PM me their email addresses?

I can then sort out with you sending you the Paper ;)

As luck would have it, I got another one, so I have emailed Lady luck directly!

I will try & get these posted out to you Saturday

Thanks for posting the one of Bono in the Independant office :drool:

Cheers
Anji

PS Where's the mailbox on the forum, or does it go straight to my email A/C I set my Interference account with? :scratch:

Anji said:

PS Where's the mailbox on the forum, or does it go straight to my email A/C I set my Interference account with? :scratch:

you can't get pms when you aren't a premium member.. I have that too, you have to use email ^^

Thanks Galeongirl!

Have now contacted Sami & Lady Luck

Kelly, Thanks, just seen, will mail you now
Thanks

To NotWorthyEdge....

I'm not sure if you received my email so I hope you see this here...

I have searched for 2 days now and couldn't find the paper here.... I would love if you could send me the one you had saved. Thursday or any time is fine to send it.

Thanks so much again!! :)

^ ha! I got tickled when mine came and I saw the "sh" pic. (Thanks again for the paper, Not_Worthy_Edge!)

I said it before and will also say it again.... huge hugs to you nwe for doing this for me. :heart:

:hug:

...I'm still waiting for those ONE bands by the way.... :huh:

bonocomet said:
I said it before and will also say it again.... huge hugs to you nwe for doing this for me. :heart:

:hug:

:yes: *Seconds that!*

I lolled at that pic too.... I wonder if he's gonna wear hats with the short hair... :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom