More Exciting News!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hope they hurry up and announce the dates already. I need to figure out how to get tickets while I still easy access to the internet. :banghead: :hyper:

maybe is Bono announcing that they will release a new album in the fall... but he doesn't say a year :hmm:

GibsonGirl said:

:lol:

U2 live from The Matthew!

You know, I sometimes actually type "Bonovista" if I'm not being careful.

T-shirt possibilities...:hmm:

Sometimes when I walk up to Signal Hill, I imagine U2 playing there, like a mini Slane Castle venue. I seriously think they would love it here. It's kind of like a mini-Ireland.

But it may be too mini for them :sad:

As of this month anyone who takes out a subscription to U2.Com gets not only the unrivaled U2.Com online experience … they also receive 'U2.Communication', featuring eight live tracks from the Vertigo Tour and a dizzying collection of exclusive visual and interactive content.
'U2.Communication', which will not be available for sale anywhere, has a great track listing including:
City Of Blinding Lights (live FROM Chicago in May ),
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (live FROM Milan in July)
Miss Sarajevo (also live FROM Milan) and five other tracks.

Alongside this comes a CD-ROM with:
- an interactive audio player - (so you can come up with your own playlist) plus
- a live video performance of Vertigo and
- a collection of unique wallpapers and screensavers created for the Vertigo tour. If you've seen the band live this year, you'll recognize screensavers like the 'heart', 'dove' and 'DNA' animation's.
- a collection of wallpapers for your computer from the artbook the band designed for 'How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb'.

Subscribers gain exclusive access to a members-only U2.Com site which includes the best U2 content on the web from stories and interviews to streaming music and rare videos.

Content like this :
- Exclusive Full Length Video
- Every Song on Every Album (B-sides too!)
- Backstage Access: Vertigo// Tour
- YourNameHere@U2.Com - your own mail address at U2.Com
- 'Members-Only' message boards and discussion forums within Zootopia - the U2.Community that never sleeps.
- A 25% discount coupon to use on the cost of your first order from the U2.Com Shop.

IF YOU WANT TO GET A FEEL FOR THE U2.COM SUBSCRIPTION EXPERIENCE, YOU CAN TAKE A FREE TOUR OF SOME HIGHLIGHTS BY CLICKING HERE

A U2.Com Subscription costs $40 per year. Subscribe here

Best wishes

The U2.Com Team

The aussie dates have been announced, the u2.com mail also says that U2 will be playing Japan and sout america

Dear U2.Com Subscriber,

There's loads of new content just up on U2.Com and this email brings you some of the highlights.

First up the video for Original of the Species has made its world premiere on U2.Com - just for U2.Com Subscribers. Directed by Catherine Owens, it's unlike anything the band have ever done before, a dazzling and futuristic piece of work. Take a look at it here. Apart from that, there will be more exciting news.. What would it be not taking into consideration U2 moving to Cananda, U2 playing hawaii, Adam's hair, Bono's hair, Larry's hair and The Edge's not-hair... :)

Here's some bits from the email..
In case you missed it, the Vertigo Tour is carrying on into 2006! Dates in Australia and New Zealand have been announced for March while the band will also be stopping in Mexico, South America and Japan.
That's about it for now, except to say that we are anticipating more exciting news in the next few days. U2.Com will have it first - keep an eye on the site!

Sorry guys I messed up copying and pasting in my earlier post..
]:confused: :confused:

wtonis said:
The aussie dates have been announced, the u2.com mail also says that U2 will be playing Japan and sout america
Apart from that, there will be more exciting news.. What would it be not taking into consideration U2 moving to Cananda, U2 playing hawaii, Adam's hair, Bono's hair, Larry's hair and The Edge's not-hair... :)

Here's some bits from the email..
In case you missed it, the Vertigo Tour is carrying on into 2006! Dates in Australia and New Zealand have been announced for March while the band will also be stopping in Mexico, South America and Japan.
That's about it for now, except to say that we are anticipating more exciting news in the next few days. U2.Com will have it first - keep an eye on the site!
[/QUOTE

angelordevil said:

T-shirt possibilities...:hmm:

Sometimes when I walk up to Signal Hill, I imagine U2 playing there, like a mini Slane Castle venue. I seriously think they would love it here. It's kind of like a mini-Ireland.

But it may be too mini for them :sad:

Oh man...U2 Live from Signal Hill. :sad: That would be unbelievably cool.

And yeah, I think they would love it here too. Half the island is feckin' Irish, so it'd be a home away from home. Everyone's pretty easy going around here, so I don't think people would kick up a frenzied fuss and begin fumbling for camera phones and such if they saw Bono walking around George Street (I can somehow see him spending a lot of time there :wink: ) The small size, culture, and quaintness of the place might even appeal to them. It would be a great place for them to relax and still have fun.

signal_hill04.jpg

Come to Newfoundland, U2. :sad:

GibsonGirl said:

Oh man...U2 Live from Signal Hill. :sad: That would be unbelievably cool.

And yeah, I think they would love it here too. Half the island is feckin' Irish, so it'd be a home away from home. Everyone's pretty easy going around here, so I don't think people would kick up a frenzied fuss and begin fumbling for camera phones and such if they saw Bono walking around George Street (I can somehow see him spending a lot of time there :wink: ) The small size, culture, and quaintness of the place might even appeal to them. It would be a great place for them to relax and still have fun.

signal_hill04.jpg

Come to Newfoundland, U2. :sad:

I wrote them once to come, but no reply :sad: I also wrote Pearl Jam, and they did arrive ten years later...coincidence :hmm:

The two Pearl Jam shows were great because you could see the crowd's energy literally seep into the music. By the time the second show rolled around, the band were actually referencing St. John's in the lyrics. It was pretty cool to see the evolution of their appreciation.

If there's one thing I don't like about U2, it's the disconnect between the management and fans (U2.com, etc.) I think if the band were more hands-on with that kind of thing, including touring, a stop in Newfoundland would be amazingly inspirational artistically--even though they wouldn't make megabucks doing it.

I can really see them loving it here, for all of the reasons you say. I also wonder if they have any ancestral heritage in the place.

Bono on George Street--it could be a defining moment in U2's next stage. ;) The next Achtung, inspired by Newfoundland screech.

*Just pray to God that they don't meet up with Great Big Sea* :no:

I think the exciting news is that U2 will play a first ever African leg of their tour with stops in Maroc, Algiers, Nigeria, Sudan, Rwanda, South Africa and Liberia...

working on a new Album after tour closes in May 06. They will be heading back to the S. of France to finish off what they have already done.

bazza said:
working on a new Album after tour closes in May 06. They will be heading back to the S. of France to finish off what they have already done.

and somehow it still won't come out until 2008.

angelordevil said:

I wrote them once to come, but no reply :sad: I also wrote Pearl Jam, and they did arrive ten years later...coincidence :hmm:

The two Pearl Jam shows were great because you could see the crowd's energy literally seep into the music. By the time the second show rolled around, the band were actually referencing St. John's in the lyrics. It was pretty cool to see the evolution of their appreciation.

If there's one thing I don't like about U2, it's the disconnect between the management and fans (U2.com, etc.) I think if the band were more hands-on with that kind of thing, including touring, a stop in Newfoundland would be amazingly inspirational artistically--even though they wouldn't make megabucks doing it.

I can really see them loving it here, for all of the reasons you say. I also wonder if they have any ancestral heritage in the place.

Bono on George Street--it could be a defining moment in U2's next stage. ;) The next Achtung, inspired by Newfoundland screech.

*Just pray to God that they don't meet up with Great Big Sea* :no:

I should have gone to see the PJ shows. :( A guy I know who writes for the Downhomer got a photo pass and was literally centimetres away from the band. He got some amazing shots.

I'm really surprised that U2 haven't played a single show in the Atlantic region throughout their entire career. You'd think they could pull off shows in Halifax or NB, at least. They've hit just about everywhere else in Canada. Someone needs to remind their management that Canada does not end in Quebec.

Haha, oh God, U2 meeting up with GBS... That's something I would NOT want to see (or hear.) Just imagine U2 rocking out to Sea Of No Cares... :|

GibsonGirl said:

Haha, oh God, U2 meeting up with GBS... That's something I would NOT want to see (or hear.) Just imagine U2 rocking out to Sea Of No Cares... :|

:mad: Hey now!!! :mad: I wouldn't have known the first thing about NFLD or wanted to take a trip there if it wasn't for them. I guess to each their own... :sexywink:

ArrogantU2Fan said:
I feel like some time with family and some rest....then work on the next album would be best for the boys and the fans...Susan

Yes I think Vertigo has run it's course here in the US. A stadium tour would be overkill. Of course I would go see it....

GibsonGirl said:

I should have gone to see the PJ shows. :( A guy I know who writes for the Downhomer got a photo pass and was literally centimetres away from the band. He got some amazing shots.

I'm really surprised that U2 haven't played a single show in the Atlantic region throughout their entire career. You'd think they could pull off shows in Halifax or NB, at least. They've hit just about everywhere else in Canada. Someone needs to remind their management that Canada does not end in Quebec.

I think that they have to come here, at least in the Atlantic region as you say. If not for the money, then for their SOULS!!! I think it would be a rush, but now I'm starting to sound like a broken record. That said, I'm just quirky enough to start a petition or contact my local elected representative...so stay tuned! :happy:

With Great Big Sea, well, I sorta feel bad for dissing them...they're so ingrained in the culture here. But a guy can only handle so many songs about cod liver oil and the glory days of the fishery..:| I'm too young to recall any of that, and those memories are from my grandfather's generation. I cherish the stories, but I'd like someone to step up and reflect current culture, like the death of small towns, fishies saying bye-bye, etc. That's my reality.

ZooMacPhisto800 said:
It could be Leg 5 - United States and Canada (and possibly London and Paris to appease the Europeans)

US again :uhoh:

They should go play mainland China, Eastern Europe, South Africa, and Russia.

You cant be the worlds biggest band without playing to the world first. (aka Rolling Stones)

jammin909 said:
They should go play mainland China, Eastern Europe, South Africa, and Russia.

You cant be the worlds biggest band without playing to the world first. (aka Rolling Stones)

Well Said, Eastern Europe would be okay for us Western Europeans... Cities like Prage and Budapest are only 2 hours away by plane...... I would be there..

angelordevil said:

With Great Big Sea, well, I sorta feel bad for dissing them...they're so ingrained in the culture here. But a guy can only handle so many songs about cod liver oil and the glory days of the fishery..:| I'm too young to recall any of that, and those memories are from my grandfather's generation. I cherish the stories, but I'd like someone to step up and reflect current culture, like the death of small towns, fishies saying bye-bye, etc. That's my reality.

Never feel bad for having an opinion. Traditional music isn't for everybody. I think they are singing these songs *because* the current culture is so different from days gone by, like an escape from today. Obviously, I'm not a Newfoundlander so I'm looking at all of these songs and traditional instruments through rose-colored glasses. Anyway, back on topic, I would *love* to visit Newfoundland, and I would come to see U2 in the Maritimes if they decided to come there someday!!

They can come back to the little ole ukand do a few dates. But in indoor areans..much better than stadium. Saw them at twickenham and got to see them at MSG 10.10 while on hols there...which was better......
mmmmmm.......NYC. In love with the city.
Have a great chrimbo everybody and a jolly jolly new year.
Pammi (uk)

senrab said:

Never feel bad for having an opinion. Traditional music isn't for everybody. I think they are singing these songs *because* the current culture is so different from days gone by, like an escape from today. Obviously, I'm not a Newfoundlander so I'm looking at all of these songs and traditional instruments through rose-colored glasses. Anyway, back on topic, I would *love* to visit Newfoundland, and I would come to see U2 in the Maritimes if they decided to come there someday!!

I think you would love Newfoundland. It's a land of extreme contrasts, full of mystery and intrigue. It can be both the most beautiful place in the world, and the starkest, all in the same day (or even breath). Perfectly suited for the music of U2! ;)

Maybe we'll see you here one day :up:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom