MLP 2K5 Playoff edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
phanan said:
The Angels looked pathetic last night.

Their lack of emotion, their failure to click on all cylinders is reminiscent of when the Lakers pushed their way through the Play-offs in 2003 (?) only to have Detroit Pistons hand their asses to them in a paperbag...It will be over soon!

UNLESS, Chi-Sox play dead so they can win it at home which I don't figure will happen.

Kelvim Escobar had a brain lock and tried to tag Pierzynski with the bare glove...but did anyone else think that when Escobar finally threw to first, Pierzynski was running inside the baseline, and that that's why the throw to first missed?

wooohooo!!

world series for the white sox!!

this is pathetically one of the happiest moments of my life:wink:

knox said:
Good luck White Sox -- bring a Pennant to Chicago so the fucking Tribsters will get serious about MY team.

I love the second flag in your signature!

Congrats to the Sock! I am excited for the Southsiders.

Congrats to the White Sox, and Kudos to their bullpen for the yeoman work in the series, definitely the difference :wink: .
Seriously...5 game series, bullpen pitches a total of 2/3 of an inning...thats unheard of in this day and age.

Angels bat .175 as a team, and Vlad the Impaler becomes Vlad the Impaled...a .050 batting average. Guess he's Mr. September.

The pitching matchups for the World Series, assuming the Tralfazes finish off the Cards should be phenomenal.

If the White Sox win, it should give hope to Cubs fans for 2014...Red Sox ended their drought last year, White Sox drought was one year longer (1917, though New Yorkers never chanted it), and they could win a year later, the Cubbies drought dates back to 1908, so 9 more years Cub fans and you'll taste victory.

Hewson said:

Seriously...5 game series, bullpen pitches a total of 2/3 of an inning...thats unheard of in this day and age.

4 complete games in a row. I can't recall the last time, if ever, that happened in a playoff series. That is quite extraordinary indeed.

Hewson said:
Seems the Angies got bitch slapped a bit themselves.
Behind the scene reporter heard Guerrero telling someone to slap his ass and call him Sally! What a disappointment...but its all right...in the next week we'll read how his shoulder hurt, how Bengie Molina has a knot on his elbow, Chone Figgins suffered double vision, Erstad was thinking about the add-on to his house and his Cornhuskers football season...and Steve Finley's wondering where he can knock off another quick $2.5M as a journeyman, and Garret Anderson's Motivational tapes didn't arrive in time...:macdevil:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
predictions? fine...

NL
padres over st. louis
houston over atlanta

padres over houston

AL
angels of los angeles, anaheim, tijuana and brazil over spank-mees
white sox over red sox

white sox over angels of the western hemisphere

WORLD SERIES
padres over white sox

world series mvp - tony gwynn

my bizzaro world predictions were incredibly close to what's actually happening...

ahh come on... you just have to win three games in a row against one of the greatest post-season pitchers of all time, a guy who's won 40 games over the last 2 seasons, and the greatest right handed pitcher to ever pick up a baseball.

chin up buckeroo.
See now is the time for Chiz to be pessimistic, not when the series was 1-1.
That being said, the Cards will still trot out 3 pretty good pitchers of their own if the series continues (in fact, Carpenter is a 130 favorite over Pettitte tonight in Houston, which seems a bit out of whack to me), so certainly not beyond the realm of possibility. The Cards will be betting line favorites in all 3 games if they are played.
The mountain is easier to climb than the one the Red Sox faced last year in the ALCS, so they aren't done yet.
They've shown they can at long last get to Lidge. In fact without a base running blunder of epic proportions by Pujols and an incredibly well turned double play yesterday they at least tie the score in the 9th, probably take the lead if Pujols hold at 3rd.

and while i'm here... i find it shocking that vlad guerrero hasn't recieved the same tounge lashing that a-rod got after his stellar post-season performance...

shocked...

really...

i sware...
I gave them equal time, changed Vlad from the Implaer to the Impaled.:wink: Also dubbed him Mr. September.

so of these former Hansen Award winners, given to the best football player in Suffolk County (Long Island), which one do you think is having the best fall thus far?

1983 -- Craig Biggio, Kings Park, back
1982 -- Tom Watson, Bellport, tackle/DE
1981 -- Joe Gagliardi, St. John the Baptist, QB
1980 -- Rodney Cooke, Bellport, back
1979 -- Kevin Baugh, Deer Park, back
1978 -- Kevin Riccio, West Islip, guard/LB
1977 -- Brian Dehler, Sachem, quarterback
1976 -- Mike Tice, Central Islip, quarterback

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom