MLB 2010 - The First

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, you sold tickets to the first game at your favorite team's new stadium?

I've been lucky enough to be at the first game at three different stadiums, including new Yankee Stadium, and all were amazing experiences that transcend dollar value.

Yeah, I know. But Mondays usually suck work-wise and I paid for a quarter of my season tickets with the proceeds--not too bad.

Plus, for whatever reason, you couldn't get your regular season seats for Opening Day. I want to see the season from my seats.

at least he made contact:

Last Play: B. Wood flied out to right

i swear, i watch his at-bats like he's babe ruth

he gave up a hit to dick wood which brought his average up to .091.

if george were still running the team he'd be sent down

he gave up a hit to dick wood which brought his average up to .091.

if george were still running the team he'd be sent down

I forgot about the Dick Wood factor. He might need a few days in AAA to think about that.

Seriously, though, thank god the days of the Columbus shuttle are long over.

In fact he has a no hitter thru 5.

(Jinx!)

Yeah, thankfully Rios broke it up in the 8th with a bomb. Still, extemely impressed with Romero. He's a very talented young guy. Too bad he's stuck in the best division in baseball, and stuck in that weird country.

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but Brandon Wood is batting at the bottom of the order for the Angels.

If it has, feel free to take this opportunity to laugh again.

Saturday afternoon at the M's/Rangers game, I saw a fella wearing a Tigers shirt with that on-acid tiger logo. I knew it wasn't Dalton when I realized I had retained my scalp.

ike davis is hitting .350, .500 on base, 2 homers, 6 RBI after a week in Triple A

mike jacobs is hitting .133 with a homer, 2 RBI and a .188 on base percentage

but hey, let's not rush things... the mets are clearly doing so well despite zero production out of first base, so why bring up the franchse's best prospect?

honestly... two things need to happen here.

#1, the mets need to blow for the remainder of this week... not exactly out of the realm of possibility. then, perhaps, we can take jerry manuel out back and put him out of his misery.

problem, of course, is that the mets will probably do something stupid like name bob melvin the mananger, who they hired as a scout, as opposed to tossing cash at bobby V...

#2, call up Ike Davis and have him in the starting lineup for the next homestand, if for no other reason than to toss a bone to us miserable met fans and give us a reason to go out to Citi.

shake shack burgers isn't enough of a reason... i can just hop on the 6 and get me one of them. with j-lo.

ike davis is hitting .350, .500 on base, 2 homers, 6 RBI after a week in Triple A

mike jacobs is hitting .133 with a homer, 2 RBI and a .188 on base percentage

but hey, let's not rush things... the mets are clearly doing so well despite zero production out of first base, so why bring up the franchse's best prospect?

honestly... two things need to happen here.

#1, the mets need to blow for the remainder of this week... not exactly out of the realm of possibility. then, perhaps, we can take jerry manuel out back and put him out of his misery.

problem, of course, is that the mets will probably do something stupid like name bob melvin the mananger, who they hired as a scout, as opposed to tossing cash at bobby V...

#2, call up Ike Davis and have him in the starting lineup for the next homestand, if for no other reason than to toss a bone to us miserable met fans and give us a reason to go out to Citi.

shake shack burgers isn't enough of a reason... i can just hop on the 6 and get me one of them. with j-lo.
Is this a service time issue, why they're not calling up Davis? They just don't want to start his service clock?

it's apparently a "we don't want to rush him, we want him to get more at bats against lefties, when he's up he's up for good so we don't want him here before he's ready, we have a plan" thing.

a normal person assumes that the "baseball people" would know what they're talking about... of course these are the mets, so no one trusts their management... case in point, jenry mejia, the mets top pitching prospect, is here and in the bullpen doing the Joba Chamberlain thing... seems to contradict the Davis plan.

all we know is that davis hit the shit out of the ball in spring training, continues to do so in Buffalo, and jacobs, murphy and tatis haven't hit worth shit, and continue to not hit worth shit.

haven't heard the service clock argument brought up by anyone... but nothing would stun me with this mickey mouse organization.

Target Field is great even if today the Red Sox were better than the Twins.
Glad to know 1st hand that the roof covers the front row of the 300 Section in the rain. :up:

And, the Tigers lost. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom