Miss Z's total post Elevation break down

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MissZooropa

Refugee
Don't know how to say this.

One year ago today I was on my way to Toronto to see the first Elevation show. Today, one year later, I got something with the mail I never though I would get to experience again.
It's the video of the second show in Stockholm that Lemonboy happened to find the other day.

As some of you might now that night was special for me. In short words, in WOWY Bono sets his eyes on me heads towards me, bends down and asks me to sing. I do the best I can.
biggrin.gif
And Bono is holding the mic to me and looks at me while I'm singing. This is pretty much how I remember it, very vaguely.

I've up til today only heard it on the boot. Noone around me took pictures so I've tried to keep the memory as clear as possible. So today the thing I wanted most from this tour came with the mail, the video. I would be able to relive that moment again.

I'm sitting in my apartment and the moving guys are supposed to show up any minute but I can't wait so I forward the tape til WOWY and stares at the TV.
smile.gif
It's a bit shaky but the pic is so clear, (the best of the videos from this tour I have) and I said to myself that with my luck the guy is totally out of zoom or filming someone else during "my" moment but..... NO!!! When the moment arrives it zooms in and you can see how Bono sets his eyes on someone, everyone is reaching for him, he says "sing for me" and then reaches the mic down among the hands but pushes them away, you can then hear me sing a little while Bono is staring at me and then he slowly takes the mic back and says "thank you", takes a few steps back, still looking at me and waves a little....

At this moment, in my sofa I'm choking, I'm shaking, sweat and my tears are running down my cheeks like they haven't done for a good while. I felt like a wreck.
To see that moment again, to relive it was like pulling the plug to all the emotions I've kept inside of me.
I MISS THE TOUR!!!!!!

Ok, I will stop rambling now. I just want to thank Lemonboy who so quickly made me a copy and got it with the mail, you are my hero and a saint! A guinness is the least I can give you!!
smile.gif

I just had to share this moment with you all, I was still all teary and red in my eyes when the moving guys showed up.
biggrin.gif

(((hugs everyone)))
smile.gif

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

http://community.webshots.com/user/misszooropa
Pictures from Copenhagen (shirtless ones), London and Dublin, Slane.

Yay Sara!
I'm so pleased that you finally found it. A permanent treasure of your special moment.
You sung very well, much better than I would have done with Bono staring down at me.

(((Sara)))
Oh yeah and I will be able to see it soon too. Cheers Lemonboy!
smile.gif

Miss Zoo... woooow!! For some reason I did NOT know about this! What an Incredible, incredible moment.. and how thrilling to actually have it on video tape!!
smile.gif
To have him look at you like that and want you to help him sing....
icon35.gif

You did take some fabulous pictures for us... these are the two I have:

MissZoo_adbohug.jpg

misszoo_adam_white.jpg

------------------
I was like a two year old, wanting more....

*U2 Take Me Higher*

Im glad you got it so fast and that you liked the tape!!

Enjoy YOUR moment!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"PLEBA Mansion Bootler"

"Lemons, the chicks- they love the lemon"
-Bono in Rotterdam-

"Proud member of the U2 gender"

[This message has been edited by Lemonboy (edited 05-22-2002).]

Originally posted by Jody:

You sung very well, much better than I would have done with Bono staring down at me.

(((Sara)))
Oh yeah and I will be able to see it soon too. Cheers Lemonboy!
smile.gif

Thank you!! I think it sounds not too good but considiring, as you said, having Bono staring at me.....
biggrin.gif

I'm glad you liked the show enough to want it on video too. It's even funnier to see Bono's moves when he's doing all his silly talks that he does alot of.
smile.gif

I miss the tour so much!!
That is so great that someone taped it. wowww
icon33.gif
smile.gif

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

GEEZ....those are some sweet pants photos. I know EXACTLY why that was such a memorable show... who could take their eyes off the pants???

Damn those pants are good to look at.

OH OK I AM KIDDING!!! Of course i love the pants but that story is so amazing!!!!

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
Miss Zoo... woooow!! For some reason I did NOT know about this! What an Incredible, incredible moment.. and how thrilling to actually have it on video tape!!
smile.gif
To have him look at you like that and want you to help him sing....
icon35.gif

You did take some fabulous pictures for us... these are the two I have:

MissZoo_adbohug.jpg

misszoo_adam_white.jpg

------------------
***ALOTWU***

The Palace of My Shame

I understand how you feel completely!

When I saw the Montreal video... I was like WTF???

If it weren't for the video, I think I would of barely remembered a think, being in half-concious state I was.

I'm glad you had the chance to see it again... I'm sure it's a piece of film you'll watch over and over and treasure forever!

------------------
"Forgive me Father!"
- Bono on May 28th after rolling around with me :)

Originally posted by Melpop:
I understand how you feel completely!

You can't mean that??! LOL When I relized how I reacted I immediatly thought of you and if I reacted like this how the feck did Melpop react, went through my mind.
It's even more special since I closed my eyes most of the time so I don't really remember anything and no photos were taken so I have had to trust other people telling me what happened and to see it myself....

Beside that moment in the show... that show was one h**l of a show. Since I was first row I didn't see everything that went on but Gosh, Bono was really flirty and acrobatic that night. He was out in the crowd for at least 10 times or something, kissing hands, standing on the reiling, holding hands etc. Larry had one yummylicious cleavage.
biggrin.gif
And the crowd.... holy shit, were we THAT insane is all I have to say. LOL

And Suz, the candy box moments, both Angelos and yours is seen clearly!
smile.gif

Oh, and Melpop, have a great vacation in Ireland.
It's a shame we didn't get to meet. We are really passing each other as close as possible. Maybe we meet in the airport tomorrow, depending on what airline you use. Ill change In the now so famous Charles de Gaulle, terminal F
biggrin.gif

I felt like that too Miss Z. I got so depressed it was over and was disappointed it was not extended. I have my good memories, and my sad, which kind of mess up the good, even if I try not to let them. Waves of regret waves of joy. I love the Elevation tour. I've been a fan for a long long time and I've seen a lot but this tour was the best. I want another one just like it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom