Miscellaneous Picture Mix 18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bw.jpg

jtb3.jpg

look.jpg

11fly.jpg

From the festival newspaper, Roskilde Festival (Denmark), 1982:

Roskilde.jpg

The opening of the Canopy-stage Friday with the group "Ideal" from Berlin was a disappointment. There were too many old rock-clichés. The band did work hard for their money, but the music did not have a nerve.

U2 from Ireland, on the other hand, was a scoop. They delivered a set with lots of noise. Vocalist Bono Vox is a singer with format, and he, very appropriately, went for a climb on the TV-lift 15 meters over the audience during "Get off my ground".

U2's music is filled with energy. Especially the drummer should be in focus for his play on the tam-tam(?). Also guitarist The Edge has to be mentioned for his melodic guitar, which at times could sound like melodies from The Police and is heard clearly on songs like "Twilight" and "Out of Control".

The opening of the large stage was in the hands of U2 who opend it with perfection, but nothing will succeed without a good audience, as Bono Vox pointed out - "it all depends on you"

Sorry for the rather bad translation, but I just did it very fast! :reject:

Last edited:
LostAtMoon said:
Thanks Merc :up:.

These are from my 3rd (and the last one until now) U2 concert. It was a year ago and I miss that day :sad:.

Lisbon14-08-2005125s.jpg

:cute:
Thanks for the live pics

Do you mean the full length one? Here's what I have...

bonoblackleatherawesome.jpg

hmmm that's what I already had in photobucket, but I think I have a bigger one somewhere too... I'll check and if I do I'll post it. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom