Miracle Drug

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
EdgeIsTooSexy said:
[
the songs are in your eyes
i see them when you smile.

a "friend" once used these words in a card to me.....and I now HATE the song!

Yeah, it's nice. Pretty standardly structured song. It gets really good after the bridge, though. Has a lot of emotion, but I don't see much of what Bono has mentioned in concert and interviews about it being about nurses or Christopher Nolan or whatever in the lyrics--it's pretty cheesy. But good if you're in the mood for that.

The song touched me more live. I couldn't stop thinking about my good friend/roommate that died of cancer.

This song is really underrated. In fact, I am shocked that they didn't make it a single. To me, it's a good top 40 radio-song. I could listen to this song over and over and not get tired of it.

:heart:

This song is a huge turd. Boring, sappy, and in terms of lyrics, so on the nose it hurts.

Please keep Africa out of the next album!

Earnie Shavers said:

Skip forward a few tracks and you'll find a heavyweight contender called "Yahweh".

Hmm...possibly, but for me it doesn't come close to the depths plummeted by MD.
I'm not a heter of HTDAAB, just that awful song.
Of course, this is just my opinion.

An Cat Gav said:

depths plummeted by MD.
I'm not a heter of HTDAAB, just that awful song.

What is it that you don't like about the song? The lyrics or the music? or Both?

For me, its probably one of my top 10 U2 songs. At first I just enjoyed this title. But when I heard Bono explain the origins of the song, it added an extra level of depth that now forces me hit the rewind button every time i listen to it.

"I want a trip inside your head
Spend the day there...
To hear the things you haven't said
And see what you might see"

Who else but Bono could describe Empathy in such a poetic and inspiring manner.

xaviMF22 said:

Bono is full of shit..babies do not smell like freedom :tsk:

Hilarious!!

That aside,
Seconds, I was just about to quote the same part. I think that's an amazing lyric. It makes me smile every friggin' time. For me it's like when you love/admire someone so much you just want to know what it's like in there!

I also had a hilarious dream where Bono was throwing aspirin into the audience during this song. Miracle drug, indeed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom