'Miami' vs. 'New York'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which Song Do You Prefer?

• Miami

Votes: 79 45.7%
  • New York

Votes: 94 54.3%

• Total voters
very tough choice. I love both, but on their respective albums New York is in the top half for me while Miami isn't. But both really rock live.

I love both songs, for me they are the usual overlooked songs on their respective albums, they are both great. But in this I will choose Miami, but not by much.

I'd love it if one or both remerged on the tour. :up:

Both great songs. New York is a real highlight of ATYCLB but never took off live becasue it needed a second guitar and Bono never sang the chrous properly. I hated Miami at first but it really grew on me, as did all of Pop. Both songs give a real sense of each city's atmosphere.

BAHAHAHA I just tied the results at 49 to 49! exactly the way I feel about it actually. They are both great songs. New York is a better live track than Miami all though Miami did have it's moments live. New York doesn't have shit lyrics, btw. I'd rather have funny metaphores about cans of mace, icebergs and life boats than stupid cliche metaphores about love and hope. Who cares about that shite?!?! IT'S DOWN TO ALPHAVILLE BITCHEZZZZZ!!!

That said I voted for MyMammy, bahbahbah-bahbah-bahbahbahbah

Both are great, if not very spectacular, songs in the U2 canon. Represent very unique sounds for U2.

Miami, but only just.

New York live in Oct 2001 was fucking amazing. I didn't like the album version before that very much.

Miami is probably one of the U2 songs I like the very least. It's dreadful to listen to and I can't imagine liking it any more if I saw it live. That and Pez.

Seeing as U2 have brought back some songs that haven't been played for a very long time I would fully support New York joining the setlist. :up:

The most underrated song of Attyclub.

I like both songs. But if i had to tip my hat to one.....it would be miami simply coz....it fookin rocks live baby!
One of the highlights of the Popmart Tour IMHO!:drool:
To me....NY's roots lye in Exit. They both have a similar feel to them. miami is unique!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom