Mexico City Setlist Party II: U2 in the (Mexico) City

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the running order will be slightly different. I bet Vertigo is one of the first few songs. Right up the front. The end, not a bang like Vertigo, but some big "everyone knows every word" singalong thing. That's what Glastonbury is all about. Can only be one of either One or With or Without You really, or maybe even All I Want is You. Sounds cheesy, but that's the way it is.

You're absolutely right and probably spot on with With Or Without You!

And drugs smuggled from Mexico are killing kids in the suburbs up here. What's your point?

Bono knows what he is talking about, he always has good information, another thing is if you are agree with him or not.

And excuse me, but there's no comparison between the kids in the surbubs that decide to drug themselves with more than 10.000 people kill by the guns Bono mentioned yesterday. Not for me. When you use drugs you know what you are doing.

That was an absolute magical version of Stay. As far as acoustic performances go, and I haven't seem many, that is up there with the performance from the Elevation Boston DVD. I'm really hoping I'll get to see Stay this summer. Top performance by Bono & Edge.:love:

i live in hope that ONE day they play it full band like they used to on Zoo TV during the unplugged section...or proper electric instead of acoustic :reject:

that is up there with the performance from the Elevation Boston DVD.

Really? I love Stay and I heard it both back in 2001 and 2009, and while I really enjoyed the few times I heard it during the 360° Tour, it doesn't reach the magic of the Elevation performances. It was so quite, so intimate at those indoor gigs. And right afterwards, Bad! :drool: That was an awesome combo.

i live in hope that ONE day they play it full band like they used to on Zoo TV during the unplugged section...or proper electric instead of acoustic :reject:

I understand why they're not playing it full band anymore. To be fair, in my opinion the full band versions during ZooTV didn't work well. The album version sounds like there is some harmonic background, the live versions were rougher w/ Bono actively playing shome chords + Larry was much more present. I still don't like to listen to the live version of that era.

I'd much rather have Stuck full band again! And I mean FULL band and not that semi-acoustic stuff from 2005!!! I mean Edge --> electric + band! They played it during the R&R Hall Of Fame 25th last year, why not now! :)

I understand why they're not playing it full band anymore. To be fair, in my opinion the full band versions during ZooTV didn't work well. The album version sounds like there is some harmonic background, the live versions were rougher w/ Bono actively playing shome chords + Larry was much more present. I still don't like to listen to the live version of that era.

I'd much rather have Stuck full band again! And I mean FULL band and not that semi-acoustic stuff from 2005!!! I mean Edge --> electric + band! They played it during the R&R Hall Of Fame 25th last year, why not now! :)

I would honestly love to see Stuck full band, it's much more decent than the acoustic snooze-fest it has been on 360. :reject:

I'm pretty sure Stay full band won't happen anytime soon (which is a bummer), but it's just so magical when it's acoustic for some reason, especially when hearing last night's version. Great performance, and I agree that it's up there with the Elevation Boston version.

If U2 would have played Pride, Bad, or anything else from UF last night, we would've had representation from all 12 of U2's albums, and also from Passengers!! Probably the closest we will ever get to having that happen, unless it happens tonight.

If U2 would have played Pride, Bad, or anything else from UF last night, we would've had representation from all 12 of U2's albums, and also from Passengers!! Probably the closest we will ever get to having that happen, unless it happens tonight.

I'd like to see an actual representation from POP though! :) Keep the snippets and form them into a full song!

Nonetheless, it's quite something if you're able to spread all your albums into one setlist and still call it "Best Of". Not many bands, if any, can say that about themselves. Unbelievable!

Really? I love Stay and I heard it both back in 2001 and 2009, and while I really enjoyed the few times I heard it during the 360° Tour, it doesn't reach the magic of the Elevation performances. It was so quite, so intimate at those indoor gigs. And right afterwards, Bad! :drool: That was an awesome combo.

In my opinion, yes it is pretty near. I rank these three Stay performances like so:

1. Stay from ZooTV Sydney (Full band)
  2. Stay from Elevation Boston (Acoustic)
  3. Stay from 360 Mexico City II (Acoustic)

Although nothing really gets me like the Boston one. It's honestly made me cry, the very first time I watched it. No other song really can do what it does. Bono's voice on the Boston DVD was really what made me break. Incredibly beautiful song anyway it's performed!:D

I think the crazy/discotheque mash up is really funny. Bono does the snippet they're all playing, then Edge goes into the riff at the end and Larry takes his water bottle out again and Bono goes back to CT.

Dammit. Just play the fucking song.

I don't think Glas will get either one. I can't see adding them for one show.

And drugs smuggled from Mexico are killing kids in the suburbs up here. What's your point?

I guess they are forced to take drugs right? Do you even know about the basic economic concept of Supply and demand? If there wasn't any demand they wouldn't be producing it, transporting it and selling it...

The US is the biggest drug consumer in the world and sells the guns directly to the dealers, even the US goverment has done it!

So, unitl that changes, there will always be drug dealers.

Don't Forget the Dublin 93 Performance of Stay!

YouTube - U2 Stay live Dublin 1993

IMO easily the best live version! Majestic! Sublime! Magic!

Can you tell I like it?!

;]

In my opinion, yes it is pretty near. I rank these three Stay performances like so:

1. Stay from ZooTV Sydney (Full band)
  2. Stay from Elevation Boston (Acoustic)
  3. Stay from 360 Mexico City II (Acoustic)

Although nothing really gets me like the Boston one. It's honestly made me cry, the very first time I watched it. No other song really can do what it does. Bono's voice on the Boston DVD was really what made me break. Incredibly beautiful song anyway it's performed!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom