Message to American Fans Complaining Of Nosebleeds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's an excellent point. Had they played stadiums here in the US I wouldn't even try to attend. I thought they got over stadiums after the success of elevation indoors. I was planning a UK trip until I heard stadiums only. I still remember the horror of ZOO TV here in the Georgia Dome. I skipped PopMart because of it.

I had 23rd row at the shitty Kingdome for Seattle Popmart. Was a great show. However, stadiums do suck unless you have great seats. I also had first 40 rows for the two Oakland Popmart shows but they were outdoors and was better than the Kingdome.

Funnily enough I got those seats via a presale and on the fucking phone no less.

Last edited:
Maybe instead of sending us U2.com membership cards, they could send something like this that could be a combo membership card/binoculars ;)

bono_man2002 said:
You should get free u2.com member binoculars with your membership.

I feel sorry for some of the people at Slane, a lot of them would not have been able to see anything. The stage was a dot in the distance. :crack:

You make a good point. Also unsaid is that with arenas there are more chances to see multiple shows. Finally, there are two legs. The top markets will see them twice.

Having said that, however, I would take GA in a stadium over nosebleeds in an arena - or over $165s far across the lower bowl. Outside of London, it appears GAs were plentiful in the stadium presale. Which makes me happy for you guys.

David

cbradfly1 said:
I thought they got over stadiums after the success of elevation indoors.

Elevation was a LONG tour. The band wants to cut down on the number of shows, so if they play stadiums in Europe, they can maximize profits and play less shows. The only reason they don't do that here in the States is because they don't have a large enough fanbase to sell out the stadiums in most areas.

This is so true. I have seen U2 in stadiums 3 times over the years in Italy... and every time you do feel about a mile away. The last time was Roma PopMart and I swear I was so far back that I couldnt see the lemon!!!!
So yes I will be happy with my back of the stage 3rd level San Diego seats if I am not able to get anything better this weekend.

Stadiums are big. They fit lots of people in. That way, more people get to see U2 perform. I'm sure they have some big plans in store for the stage set because these tickets are quite pricey. But, considering they tour once every four years, I'm willing to pay £15 a year to watch U2 once!

Stadiums are BETTER than arenas...

On a "failure" PopMart Tour, after an album with medium comercial succes, 3.9mln fans saw U2 live...
On a "succesfull" ElevationTour after comercialy succesful album only 2.1mln fans saw U2.

Arenas are not fair...

Yeah, play more stadiums. I don't care about seeing Bono's face - I can get the DVD later - I want to be able to jump, and not have a seat. A larger GA area may have gotten me those tickets. As it is, in the US, they play in these small pussy venues, which would be nice for the intimacy, if there would be less people buying up all the tickets. U2 gotta face it: They have enough fans that have the time and financial resources to buy all the floor tickets on all the shows in the US, and it'll always be the same couple hundred people who are going to have all the fun, night after night. I would suggest U2 should behave like a band their size and play bigger venues. I don't have a problem waiting in the GA line all morning and afternoon, the day of show - that kind of competition would be fun! Unfortunately, without tickets, you are disqualified from the race, from the start.

Yes. U2 should realize that there are more people that want GAs than want seats. Also check out this thread: GA's or bust -> (http stuff) + forum.interference.com/t118673.html

Interference must be afraid of people with under 15 posts linking to their own threads. Gotta be kidding me.

What is GA in a stadium like? I have a GA ticket for Poland. Is it divided into sections or something? I'm competely clueless as to how it works on a much larger scale - I'm only familiar with arena scale GA from the last tour.

bathiu said:
Stadiums are BETTER than arenas...

On a "failure" PopMart Tour, after an album with medium comercial succes, 3.9mln fans saw U2 live...
On a "succesfull" ElevationTour after comercialy succesful album only 2.1mln fans saw U2.

Arenas are not fair...

Arenas are much better. And in the cases above I believe they were more profitable too......

cardosino said:

Arenas are much better. And in the cases above I believe they were more profitable too......
It is very nice that you care about the band and about how much money they got...
...but maybe it would be better to stop being selfish and care more about other fans...

PopMart: 95 shows - 3.9mln people, that's ~41000 people/show
Elevation 113 shows - 2.1mln people, that's ~18500 people/show

I don't care about box office... I don't care what's more profitable... I want to be able to see U2 without a problem and I don't want to fight with other fans for tickets...

Stadiums are much better:rockon:

stefananny said:
What is GA in a stadium like? I have a GA ticket for Poland. Is it divided into sections or something? I'm competely clueless as to how it works on a much larger scale - I'm only familiar with arena scale GA from the last tour.

I can tell you how it looked like the last time on that stadium (Poland)... it was Metallica's concert.
The GA was divided into 2 sections, a closed section very close to the stage (that would be the size of the whole arena's GA)... and the rest of GA (with a free space "line" for security between the sections).

See you there...:wave:

Last edited:
bathiu said:

It is very nice that you care about the band and about how much money they got...

Ummm, you brought up commercial success.

Elevation was more successful in that respect.

bathiu said:

...but maybe it would be better to stop being selfish and care more about other fans...

I hate stadium shows so much that I wouldn't go. If they played a stadium in my area would you then care about poor ol' me suffering at home ?

bathiu said:

PopMart: 95 shows - 3.9mln people, that's ~41000 people/show
Elevation 113 shows - 2.1mln people, that's ~18500 people/show

I don't care about box office...

I agree, stadiums do hold more people. That doesn't make them "better", just "bigger".

Much the same as a public transport bus holds more people than my VW Passat.

I like the Passat better.

Stadiums suck canal water

Bathiu, I'm so down with you! You tell 'em! That's what I'm trying to say. Why do so many people care about the four members of poor old U2 - they're doing what they want to do and how they wanna do it. If they've got a problem, they change plans. You might be more concerned about Chester, the screaming voice of Linkin Park, who may be killing himself for the fans, but even he takes responsibility for his own life. We're the fans, man, and we can damn well tell U2 what we want. If they don't want to play to all of us, anymore - if they've got aches and pains - let them retire, or play to small limited audiences, but they can't call themselves the biggest rock band of the world and shame us like that.
I'm down with you on stadiums; I'll rock with you, man. Only problem is, seems you're situated in Poland, and I'm in Florida. Sadly we don't have more fans like you here in the US.
I think I'll start another pro-stadium thread, soon.

And, cardosino, obviously you're not a real U2 fan if you just turn down a chance to see them if the stadium offends you. You gotta decide where your love is, the arena or U2.

cardosino said:

I hate stadium shows so much that I wouldn't go. If they played a stadium in my area would you then care about poor ol' me suffering at home ?

...so a fan that doesn't WANT to see U2 because of the place is more important than a fan that want but CAN'T be on a U2 concert because of the place?
You should realy make your priorities right...

RadRacer said:
Bathiu, I'm so down with you! You tell 'em! That's what I'm trying to say. Why do so many people care about the four members of poor old U2 - they're doing what they want to do and how they wanna do it. If they've got a problem, they change plans. You might be more concerned about Chester, the screaming voice of Linkin Park, who may be killing himself for the fans, but even he takes responsibility for his own life. We're the fans, man, and we can damn well tell U2 what we want. If they don't want to play to all of us, anymore - if they've got aches and pains - let them retire, or play to small limited audiences, but they can't call themselves the biggest rock band of the world and shame us like that.
I'm down with you on stadiums; I'll rock with you, man. Only problem is, seems you're situated in Poland, and I'm in Florida. Sadly we don't have more fans like you here in the US.
I think I'll start another pro-stadium thread, soon.

Thanks...:up:

RadRacer said:
And, cardosino, obviously you're not a real U2 fan if you just turn down a chance to see them if the stadium offends you. You gotta decide where your love is, the arena or U2.
...good point...

bathiu said:

I can tell you how it looked like the last time on that stadium (Poland)... it was Metallica's concert.
The GA was divided into 2 sections, a closed section very close to the stage (that would be the size of the whole arena's GA)... and the rest of GA (with a free space "line" for security between the sections).

See you there...:wave:

Ah, thanks kindly! :happy: I'm so excited!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom