MERGED--> Will Chicago get a 'shake up' on Thursday? + surprises tonight 5/12?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wouldn't count on it. I've seen multiple shows on multiple tours dating back to ZooTV and they NEVER deviate too far from the typical setlist. Maybe they'll change a song here or there but that's it. All the staging/production/sequencing seems to limit their flexibility.

At this point they're about 15 shows into the first leg...what you see is what you get. Probably a different story during leg 2.

I can only envision minor changes.

Like adding WOWY or ISHFWILF as they have been each played once on the tour.

I think Gloria will appear as it hasn't been played yet in Chicago.

I sure hope BAD makes the setlist again!

Expect a totally re-worked setlist. See Chicago4 from the Elevation Tour.

Main Set: Elevation, The Fly, Even Better Than the Real Thing, Mysterious Ways/Sexual Healing, One/Wake Up Dead Man, Until the End of the World, New Year's Day, Stuck in a Moment, Kite, New York, I Will Follow, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Sweetest Thing, Angel of Harlem, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, All I Want Is You, Where the Streets Have No Name, Pride

Encore(s): Bullet the Blue Sky/Young Americans, With or Without You, Beautiful Day, I Remember You, Walk On

Comments: U2 rearranges the song order substantially for the last of four nights in Chicago, and they play 'I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For' for the first time this tour.

Setlist courtesy of u2tours.com.

MTEdge said:
Expect a totally re-worked setlist. See Chicago4 from the Elevation Tour.

Main Set: Elevation, The Fly, Even Better Than the Real Thing, Mysterious Ways/Sexual Healing, One/Wake Up Dead Man, Until the End of the World, New Year's Day, Stuck in a Moment, Kite, New York, I Will Follow, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Sweetest Thing, Angel of Harlem, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, All I Want Is You, Where the Streets Have No Name, Pride

Encore(s): Bullet the Blue Sky/Young Americans, With or Without You, Beautiful Day, I Remember You, Walk On

Comments: U2 rearranges the song order substantially for the last of four nights in Chicago, and they play 'I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For' for the first time this tour.

Setlist courtesy of u2tours.com.

I hope so! I just don't have that much faith this time around!! After being at Chicago 1-3 I am up for some surprises on Thurs.
They sure suprised me with this in 2001!!

yeah. tonight will probably be quite the party considering the filming is all done.

MTEdge said:
U2 rearranges the song order substantially for the last of four nights in Chicago, and they play 'I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For' for the first time this tour.

That's what I remember happening last time around, everything was pretty 'cookie cutter' 'til Chicago.

I figured they wouldn't deviate too much from the standard set list because of the DVD filming, but now that it's over maybe they'll loosen things up a bit... :up:

might make more sense to compare it to Boston Elevation.

the first two Boston gigs were filmed for release.

Boston 3 added FIVE new songs to the set .

Anyone think there'll be any surprises tonight 5/12?

Does anyone think they might pull out different songs tonight 5/12?
I'd love to hear "Gloria" :drool:
I was thinking since it's the last night in Chicago they might feel like pulling out some other tunes.
???

Yes, I think tonight will be the most mixed up setlist of any on the tour so far

i bet they play out of control. i dont know about until the end of the world or i will follow, but if i had to bet for them to debut a song tonight for this tour that itll be out of control. just my uneducated guess though

I think Gloria is a guarantee (if not, it would be odd not to play it in Chicago with 4 shows).

Also, The Ocean may appear after Gloria.

I think the return of BAD is likely.

As far as new songs......I want some badly, but don't have the faith!! Help!!!

Only possibilities in my opinion:
WOWY, ISHFWILF

Possible but unlikely: Stuck, Walk On, Out of Control, I Will Follow, 11 O'clock Tick Tock, UTEOTW!!!!!

If any of these are played I'll be the guy on the floor with my hands pointed to the ceiling screaming his brains out!!!!! :drool:

Oh, I dunno yet...I want to wear shorts and short sleeves to the show, which will make prolonged line-waiting colder than it ought to be.

ive heard rumors of uteow being debuted in chicago, so that is a possibility

the edge has also said they are working on electrical storm, so there is a chance of that. but that probably wont debut until the 2nd leg.

My dream setlist, that is not out of the question:

Zoo Station
The Fly
Even Better Than The Real Thing
Mysterious Ways
One
Until The End Of The World
New Year's Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Kite
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
Where The Streets Have No Name
Pride (In The Name Of Love)

City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
[Choose Boy rock song here: I Will Follow, Out Of Control, or The Electric Co.]
Gloria

Bad
Walk On
"40"

Last edited:
ayearwome said:
I can only envision minor changes.

Like adding WOWY or ISHFWILF as they have been each played once on the tour.

I think Gloria will appear as it hasn't been played yet in Chicago.

I sure hope BAD makes the setlist again!

I'm hoping they pull out "Gloria" tonight - I was waiting for it Monday :(
:drool: :drool: :drool:
UTEOTW would be nice too - I'll take that instead of Mysterious Ways.

knox said:
My dream setlist, that is not out of the question:

Zoo Station
The Fly
Even Better Than The Real Thing
Mysterious Ways
One
Until The End Of The World
New Year's Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Kite
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
Where The Streets Have No Name
Pride (In The Name Of Love)

City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
[Choose Boy rock song here: I Will Follow, Out Of Control, or The Electric Co.]
Gloria

Bad
Walk On
"40"

I want ALL those Boy songs you listed and I would trade RTSS for IGC...and take out BTBS, replace with IWF...I'd like to hear CFYT too.

knox said:
Oh, I dunno yet...I want to wear shorts and short sleeves to the show, which will make prolonged line-waiting colder than it ought to be.
I wish I had Monday it was so steamy :faint:

In addition to Mysterious Ways, my guess is that U2 will pick 23 songs from the list of songs posted on the blog from atu2 (dot) com:

Semi Tone Down:

City of Blinding Lights
Cry/Electrico
An Cat Dubh/Heart
Walk On
One
New Years Day
Streets
Still Haven't Found
With or Without You
Bullet
Running to Stand
Zoo/The Fly
Real Thing
Gloria

Concert Pitch:

Love & Peace
Beautiful Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes
Stuck In a Moment
Yahweh
Pride
All Because of You
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Wild Horses

hluvslmj said:
I want ALL those Boy songs you listed and I would trade RTSS for IGC...and take out BTBS, replace with IWF...I'd like to hear CFYT too.

I don't see them taking out the "War trilogy", which is why it's all there.

But I really like Bullet on this tour, it's definitely superior to the Elevation Bullet.

knox said:

I don't see them taking out the "War trilogy", which is why it's all there.

But I really like Bullet on this tour, it's definitely superior to the Elevation Bullet.
Oh I was only dreaming :drool:
I do prefer Bullet this time also.

Back
Top Bottom