MERGED ----> U2 covers here + Your Own U2 Recordings Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I played Elevation at a talent show back in 2001/2002 (can't remember which year it was exactly) with our school's "main band." :wink: It was cool for me, because here I was, a 14 year-old girl rocking out with a bunch of 18 year olds. I was absolutely petrified...we were going to play Beautiful Day as well, but couldn't because of time restrictions. I haven't played a U2 cover since then. :( None of the bands I've ever been involved with have cared for them much, which kind of pisses me off because I was always expected to play the music they wanted to play without question. Now you know why I fall in and out of bands so easily. :wink:

GibsonGirl, I listened to your performance of UTEOTW on guitar (from your website), that was amazing!

lol I put it on my iPod :rockon: :lol:

songs I've made in my home "studio" over the last 4 or 5 months
just making two U2 covers compliations
probably going to make about 5 more

some of the versions are really cool
some of them aren't as good, but I am just doing it for my own enjoyment anyways.

New Years Day
So Cruel
Mofo
Running to Stand Still
Exit
Miami
An Cat Dubh
Zooropa
Van Diemens Land
Hawkmoon 269
The Fly
All I Want Is You
Zoo Station
Bullet the Blue Sky
Lemon
One Tree Hill
Gone
Slug
God Part II
Bad
Kite
Numb
Discotheque
Acrobat
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
When I Look At The World
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Where The Streets Have No Name
Drowning Man
Wire
Seconds

Last edited:
Yea, I too heard GibsonGirl's cover of UTEOTW, and I swear on my head it's better than what I hear from most cover bands.

Well done, GibsonGirl - you've got good timing and rhythm. :up:

Yeah, her use of the delay was great and the solo was perfect!!! I'm jealous...I only have an acoustic guitar, I play mostly rhythm.

Last edited:
Aw, you guys are too kind! :eek: :) I'd give anything to be in an actual cover band, but playing along to backing tracks is the next best thing. I've got a new song up, by the way - Bullet. I have a heck of a lot more difficulty playing it than I do with UTEOTW, and it shows. :giggle: I find the solo to be near impossible...I have no idea how people in cover bands manage to play that one live. I've been trying for almost four years to get it right, but it never works out!

Originally posted by GibsonGirl I've been trying for almost four years to get it right, but it never works out!

Well, don't worry about it too much. What I love about Bullet is that it's a nice musical "canvas" to write your own wah-drowned solos to. As long as you stick to a scale where it works (I like the melodic minor...) it doesn't matter...as long as you have fun. :up:

(what I wouldn't give to jam with other U2 fans.....) :drool:

my version of BTBS this sorta crap cos I improvised in some parts
h t tp://storagefun.com/userfiles/ultraBvox/BTBS-mysolo . m p 3
(without spacing)

If that doesn't work email me for it

Last edited:
More covers
BTBS solo
h t tp://home.ripway.com/2005-6/325760/BTBS-mysolo . m p 3

Until the end of the world (Slane Castle live)- the solo was a bit naff :( but hey I ent as perfect my guitar hero
h t tp ://home.ripway.com/2005-6/325760/uteotw. m p 3

Oh, and great covers, SWlondnr. :up: As for you, discothequeLP, that Fly solo is absolutely MAD! I wish I could play it like that. :up:

I am going to try and take a stab at The Fly tomorrow. I am sure I will embarass myself, but I will give it a shot none the less :wink:

Played at an open mic at my school... did SYCMIOYO and Vertigo. Pretty much floored the 15 or so people who showed up with Sometimes; and Vertigo I took a little liberty in the bridge, can't do the solo very well on acoustic guitar, so I did a little acapella thing that got some laughs:)

GibsonGirl, you're officially my new guitar hero :bow: I hope U2 pulls you up on stage to play guitar cuz you're amazing!! I wish I could play like that... did you have lessons or are you self-taught or what? I'm basically self-taught, I do mostly chords or whatever, lead I kinda just mess around on, I know two scales my dad taught me and that's it, I just kinda feel my away around it.

I find U2 songs very hard to get right!! I can sort of play Sunday Bloody Sunday and Vertigo, and I know riffs or basslines to a couple other songs... but I don't know how you people do it but you rock.

Thanks! :eek: :) I'm self-taught...it's a funny story, actually. When I got my first guitar at the ripe old age of 13, I positively hated it. I couldn't get any of the chords right and it tore my fingers to shreds. So I threw it into a corner where it collected dust for a few months - until the video for Beautiful Day came out. I was entranced by this "U2" band and even more by the man wielding that brilliantly shaped guitar! So I went to my room, polished off my guitar, and sat in front of the TV whenever the video came on. By watching Edge's fingers, I managed to learn how to play the chorus within a couple of weeks. I played it badly, of course, but I was very chuffed because it was the first bit of music I'd learned to play other than Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. :wink: Then I discovered the Internet and tabs and the rest is history!

Edited to add a very old and embarassing picture :wink: :

photo188.jpg

I was very obsessed with The Edge at one point. Still am, but I threw the numbered shirts out a long time ago.

Last edited:
From another guitarist - Your UTEOTW is pretty f'ing good. Very impressed- seems like you're a natural.

Can i suggest a movie most people here would LOVE (if it's playing anywhere near you):

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/rock_school/

'Rock School' - great - worth seeing for the like 8-year-old kid in it who absolutely destroys, plays Zappa, and is just insanely good for a little kid.

Does anybody else have guitar recordings to upload?

that UTEOTW is amazing.

what did you record that on?
and who is playing drums?
drum machine? if so, sounds pretty good for digi-drums

Last edited:
SWlondnr said:
htt p ://www. myspace. com/quinn4 5
without spacing
all the songs are my own
"Hello World " is my fav I it's very U2/Coldplay then it goes really trashy at the end.

I got the link to work but I don't hear any noise on the player...

edit: NVM, it's my sound card

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom