MERGED-->Toronto soundcheck today... + Finally Something From Pop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chizip

Blue Crack Addict
Finally Something From Pop

Rumour has it they have been rehearsing Discotheque a lot today.

Would have been cooler to see Do you Feel Loved, Last Night on Earth, Gone, Please, If God Would Send His Angels, or hell even Miami.

But at least it's something!

If there were two songs from POP that I would like them to NOT play, it would be Discotheque and Miami.

While Discotheque may be one of my least favourites on Pop, it RULED live on Popmart. If they play a live version reminiscient of that, it will be awesome. The Elevation versions didn't do quite as much for me, though.

Come on, U2, Gone or Last Night On Earth :drool:

Toronto soundcheck today...

A friend of mine is outside the ACC right now and Discotheque has been soundchecked for the past thirty minutes... :hyper:

Axver said:
While Discotheque may be one of my least favourites on Pop, it RULED live on Popmart. If they play a live version reminiscient of that, it will be awesome. The Elevation versions didn't do quite as much for me, though.
Yeah, PopMart "Discotheque" was just crazy.

I don't think they'd do a decent job of it anymore, though; I don't know why they keep dragging this one out as their token Pop song each tour (assuming the rumor's true, anyway).

U2Man said:
If there were two songs from POP that I would like them to NOT play, it would be Discotheque and Miami.

I love discotheque :heart: Miami, meh.

Chizip you stole my gossip. :|

Chizip said:
sorry, i scooped ya on this one sucker

How rude. :tsk:

icon_banned.gif

Discotheque would be even more awesome if it was followed by the Popmart version of If you wear that velvet dress. Or how about redoing the 1st encore, instead of Zoo Station, The Fly, WOWY, go for Mofo, Discotheque/IYWTVD, WOWY. Instead of mixing it up earlier in the show, mix up the encore. One night Zoo TV style, the other night Popmart style.

Not that its going to happen though.

Discotheque? :drool: :drool:

Now they are finally starting to get somewhere... All we need is Please for sure, Last Night On Earth, and Mofo.

I absolutley love the idea of discotechque. Its a great song.

I truely dont understand how people like the song Miami its got to be my least favourite u2 song.

I love Discotheque but I wish they would do If You Wear That Velvet Dress, The Playboy Mansion or Miami. That would add something new and more interesting to the show me thinks.

Those of you taking shots at Miami, have you heard the live versions? The Miami --> Bullet segue is AMAZING. :drool:

Can anyone confirm whether bubblepants were used during the soundcheck?

Did this friend say how it sounded? The Elevation version was good, but Popmart Discotheque was absolutely something else entirely. :drool:

anything from Pop anything from Pop anything from Pop!!!

(just please get rid og SBS, Bullet and Pride)

Back
Top Bottom