MERGED ----> the Euro 2004 thread + Say a little pray for France + England 1 France 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
all credit to the Greeks. OK, so Portugal were pretty crap but the Greek defence looked pretty solid.

+ their coach has got to be one of the funniest men around.

Spain-Russia up next, but I'm going to head to bed. It's 2 am!

yertle-the-turtle said:
+ their coach has got to be one of the funniest men around.

I think the Greek coach won't make it until the end of the tournament. He will have to leave because of a stroke. Gee, can you say :crack:

:D

Congrats to the Greeks, beating Portugal with 2-1 (Portugal scored in extra time, for those who haven't seen it).

Mullen-Girl said:

Yeah probably Fado! I've seen a few UK matches there so i'd imagine that they'd show EURO 2004. :)

For some reason, I'm still on the Fado mailing list, even though I've tried to cancel the emails about a hundred times, so I can confirm that they will be showing all the matches live.

Portugal was pathetic today, total embarrassment. I would not be surprised if we see Greece and Spain advancing in the group.

its terrible timing for us aussies over here...and plus only the ones with Pay-TV can watch it, cause Free To Air dont have the rights to the Euro 2004...but i'll be listening to commentary from the site!

Switzerland Vs Croatia a will have to keep me up till 4:45 AM for England and France.....i'll be very VERY tired by July 4th!

my friend is a mad italy fan...so i hope they win :)

I'm only up for Croatia-Switzerland. That'll be a 1-0 to the Croats.

Prso in the 34 minute. He'll knock in the rebound after the goalie (I believe it will be Zuberbuhler) fumbles a long range shot from Sokota.

The other game will be a 0-0. Michael Owen will miss a golden opportunity to score when Thuram accidentally plays him onside after good work in midfield from Frank Lampard, but Owen will put it wide with only Barthez to beat. This will happen in the eighth minute. This will be the best chance for both sides, although Trezeguet will whack the bar late on in the game (somewhere around the 82nd minute).

Last edited:
I was cheering for Switzerland. Hey, interests of neutrality!

What a damp squib of a match. OK, granted, I spent most of the second-half channel surfing and missed the Vogel sending-off but the highlights didn't look appealing.

I think I was lucky then for not watching that match. Instead, I saw quite some action in the Canadian GP (Formula 1 racing). The end was predictable though, since Michael Schumacher again finished first.

yertle-the-turtle said:
I was cheering for Switzerland. Hey, interests of neutrality!

What a damp squib of a match. OK, granted, I spent most of the second-half channel surfing and missed the Vogel sending-off but the highlights didn't look appealing.

Vogel sent off? Well, that's a surprise... :rolleyes:

*has more or less seen Vogel for the whole year and he isn't that good of a defender/mid*

well after that awful Croatia-Switzerland game, this was a lot better.

1) Great goal by Lampard.
2) Barthez saves a penalty one minute and then gets hit in the face the next. :up:
3) Oh yeah, and that finish. Heck, I was thinking Zidane was going to whack the free-kick into the wall or into the stands or something. Ouch.

Comiserations to all the English fans. Must suck to be you right now, especially since for most of the game the French had absolutely no end-product to their tons of possession. Still, on the bright side, Switzerland shouldn't be too tough.

Back
Top Bottom