MERGED-->Sufjan Stevens + Illinoise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am 7 tracks into this album right now and so far it has all been very solid. I really enjoy his style. This feels like it will get better with more listens.

I am going to see him tomorrow evening.

Anyone else get stuck on how unbelievably sweet John Wayne Gacy Jr. is?

I mean...it is a bout a serial killer...but it is such a pretty song.

I have it on repeat in my car at the moment...I am not in the car right now though...

EP-

It is JOHN Wayne Gacy...not Josh, right? :sexywink:

He played that tonight. I absolutely LOVE that song. I loved the gimmick. Despite how short the show was...it may have been one of the best shows I have seen this year.

He is off to Europe now!

I seriously cannot get enough of this album.

I bough Michigan at the show last week. Nice album...but does not have the energy that Illinoise has.

I wonder if their shtcik will work in europe (Last thursday was their last U.S . tour date). What adds to the show is the understanding of cheerleading. What makes it better is if you have spent time in Illinois.

Jack In The Box said:
well, I've never been in Illinoise, but I think this album is his best

This is his best overall release, though Seven Swans, and Michigan have some great tracks, neither are the total effort Illinois is....

'Folding John Wayne's t-shirts/When the swingset hit his head'.

Excellent album. And I love the song titles too. He's doing what Badly Drawn Boy did on his first album, only better. BDB has gone waay downhill since then.

Jack In The Box said:
and I love your avatar, elevatedmole

XXXholic?

*off topic, I know...*

I hadn't been to Interference regularly in months and just saw this thread and the dot in the envelope, meaning I had posted in it. Considering I had never heard Sufjan Stevens until earlier this week, I was perplexed. But then I saw that I posted in the thread about how I liked his name. :der:

Anyway, yes, I love xxxHoLiC. Definitely my favourite CLAMP title :up:

Now back to listening to Illinois!

learn2kneel said:
This album's at the top of Amazon, Metacritic, and numberous other Music Sites Top Album's List. Congratuations Sufjan!

Top of my 2005 list as well :drool:

dammit, i'm an idiot. sometimes this site makes me go out and buy all kinds of music, and other times i specifically avoid bands/artists because there are rapidly growing threads about them on here. i figure i won't like them or something. crazy. CRAZY!!!!!

so since this album is on everyone and their brother's top # of 2005 list, and very often at #1, i caved.

now i've got to buy it. or someone has to buy it for me for christmas. which means in order to tell my mom what cd to get, i need to know how to pronounce sufjan. :help:

see, if i hadn't been so stupid, i wouldn't have missed this:
zonelistener said:

09-07 Northampton, MA - Pearl Street Nightclub

gkskjasdksdkjas that's only 20 minutes from where i live. :angry:

i figured so much about the -jan part, i was more worried about the suf.

Elvis Presley said:
It was my #1 this year....even with the huge hype, I think it lives up to it...

:yes:

I was waiting for another album to knock it down since it came out in July, but none came close, IMO. I loved Wolf Parade's debut LP, but Illinois is easily the best album of the year. So beautiful of a choice :drool:

I've decided the Sufmeister looks quite a bit like Clive Owen.

^ It's hard to tell sometimes though because albums leak and all............I heard the Iron and Wine and Bright Eyes releases like way back in October of '04, so I kind of have a hard time relating to them as 2005 projects...

Oh yeah, and this is easily the best album of the year. Lots of great stuff has come out since it, but my prediction of it not being topped came true.

Back
Top Bottom