MERGED ----> Special Olympics 2003 + Special Olympics in Ireland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katalina

Babyface
Special Olympics in Ireland

Hello: I have a friend who is now in Dublin as a volunteer for the Special Olympics. She said Bono and the Boys (along with other musicians) will play at one of the ceremonies.

Just was wondering if any of our Plebans over there knows this and could perhaps get us some pics. Of course, I told my friend if she meets Bono, she better bring him home w/her. lol

She's staying at the "Camden" hotel.

I tried to get tickets for the Opening Ceremony but without any luck! :sad:

Oh well, I'm sure we'll get to see pics on the newspapers and live footage on tv. I'll make sure to get as many pics and stills as possible. :)

I'm sure there will be MP3's of their performance and plenty of photos. And someone will record it and have video of it.

The Special Olympics are a pretty big event, over here anyway. And of course, U2 is a very big band. ;)

We'll have tons of stuff to oogle over come Sunday. :yes:

I'm betting they'll play "Beautiful Day" for sure.

:wave:

~J

Special Olympics 2003

Wow, wow, wow...Did I say wow???????

That was one hell of a ceremony!! It was really well done and I loved the exciment and the energy the athletes had! :applaud:

And of course when I saw Bono I started jumping up and down and shouting and making a mess around the gaff. :lol:

All of them looked absolutely hot and it was a lovely performance!
I taped the ceremony but as I am a right eejit, I won't be able to post stills because I dunno how to get them :huh:

But I'm sure we'll see tons of pics soon! :D

:hyper:

I'm stuck at work and won't be able to watch the streaming video til after I get home in an hour. I can't wait to see them!! I'm dying to see Edge and Adam!! :hyper: :dance: :hyper: :dance:

YAY!!!

~J

Edit: Niamh_Saoirse or anyone else that happened to catch this...did you happen to see what :adam: and :edge: were wearing? Crazy question I know, but this is PLEBA, surely you all can relate. ;)

Last edited:
MrsSpringsteen said:
From the streaming video, it looked to me like Adam was wearing NEW (maybe) camo pants, and a white shirt..no glasses

Edge had his cute leather jacket, black t-shirt and jeans

Larry I couldn't see very well :( But he looked hot, as usual :yawn: :D

I looked for pics-none so far

I LOVED their performance :heart:

You can get mp3's here

http://www.u2tour.de/news/article1154.html

:hug:

Thank you! I :heart: U2 fans!! Always willing to help and super fast with the MP3's. I keep checking for pics too. I hope there will be some soon.

I love Adam's new look, without the glasses. He looks really good. :drool: :faint:

:wave:

~J

MrsSpringsteen said:
If you get out your magnifying glass :D, you can inspect these teenytiny pics

http://newsandsport.gettyimages.com...rce=3&CollType=0&SubjectID=ACE&CollId=2100754

Mmmmm.....Adam

2100816.jpg

2100819.jpg

2100822.jpg

2100821.jpg

Larry did look great in the video :drool: , but in that pic, something looks odd :hmm:

He looks plastic or something, and his head looks too big for his body

:sexywink:

Please don't get mad anyone..I'm just bored!

tiny dancer said:
Thanks Edgette for posting the pictures. Way cool. :yes: :cool:

You're welcome :)

But don't thank me, MrsSpringsteen gave the heads up for the pics. I can't wait til there's more!

MrsSpringsteen said:
Larry did look great in the video :drool: , but in that pic, something looks odd :hmm:

He looks plastic or something, and his head looks too big for his body

:sexywink:

Please don't get mad anyone..I'm just bored!

We won't get mad at you :no: (Well, the Larry girls may...) ;)

He does look a bit odd. I think it's because of the jacket and also because he's sitting so straight. :shrug:

I've been bored all day...work is so dull on Saturday. The only thing I have to entertain me is Interference. :shifty:

New pics!!! :hyper:

kay, i skipped through about 2 hours of it!

COLIN FARRELL SHOWS UP AT 2 hours and 50 minutes!!!!!!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:!!!!!

he's looking quite fine, if i may add :sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom