MERGED--> Slane DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

follower

Refugee
This is just too good to be true!

Don?t know if this news were already spread here, but according to the french fan site U2Achtung, Universal France confirmed today the release by the end of this year of the Slane Concert 2001 on DVD! No further details neither the specific date was informed so far. And according to Universal Belgium the release would be the answer to the fans that asked for it through online petitions. How about that?

http://www.u2achtung.com/01/news/index.php3

would be great! especially if its the whole concert!!

but is it true! that is the question!, if it is we will proberbely get some more info about it as the year goes on

would be cool

but it seems this is reported every other month

so I'm not holding my breath just yet

Queen Bee said:
I'd love if this were to be true and if it included the entire concert uncut :yes:

It could be uncut but it will never be raw. Edge and Adam make way too many mistakes in the concerts that studio overdubs need to be added.

Cheers,

J
The King Of POP

Brilliant idea U2! Something for the Christmas stocking and more importantly I believe something excellent for stoking the fires for their World Tour next year. Especially if it will be primarily a stadium tour. Slane Castle was bigger than a stadium! I still believe U2 is hungry for at least one complete world tour in their career that includes Russia / India / China / Korea / South East Asia in addition to other places they have already played. Has any rock band ever done a complete world tour?

Also this is a new era / trilogy of albums for U2 and something that is different from the 90s trilogy. That is why I believe they released R&H on DVD first before ZOOTV and PopMart. They might still want some more distance from the 90s. If they release another DVD in the near future I predict it will be Under A Blood Red Sky (even the Best Of 80s Videos DVD). Like Slane Castle it?s a stripped down show. How about the ?complete? Blood Sky DVD (Out Of Control / Twilight / An Cat Dubh / Into The Heart / Two Hearts / I Fall Down) this Christmas bundled with the Slane DVD?! A limited edition one week offer with a special price for both of them together. It?s 20th anniversary of Red Rocks!

Larry talked about this DVD in an interview I bough from Ebay, so I know it exists. And he also said they intended to release it at some point, because they all agreed that the sound of the band during the two Slane shows was exceptional. But that interview was taped a long time ago and nothing's happened since, so who knows.

U2Soar,

Rattle And Hum DVD was published by Paramount, not Island/Universal. Actually, the first DVD of U2 was Boston 2001!

Vox

Last edited:
Slane Dvd!!!

According to atu2.com, we did it. They are really going to do it! Which makes me happy!

But another thought occured. Are they putting this out as an act of goodwill for their fans, because they know that the new album might not be out as soon as they'd like? Just a concern. I wish we knew the exact friggin' date!!!!!!! ARGH!

The possibility of a Slane DVD is like oxygen to me, my life will not be complete without this DVD..... by "we did it" are you referring to the petition? *too lazy to go to atu2 and read it*

Re: Slane Dvd!!!

The_acrobat said:
According to atu2.com, we did it. They are really going to do it! Which makes me happy!

But another thought occured. Are they putting this out as an act of goodwill for their fans, because they know that the new album might not be out as soon as they'd like? Just a concern. I wish we knew the exact friggin' date!!!!!!! ARGH!

The Slane DVD will be many years from now. U2 still have a long backlog to fill up. They still owe us UABRS, ZOO TV Sydney, Popmart Mexico, and The Best Of 1980-1990. So I think the Slane DVD will be released around the same time America has a new president.

Cheers,

J
The King Of POP

The article said the company promised it to be out by the end of the year.

And yes, the petition is what did it.

it will be great if they relase the whole concert....
i would still settle for the 45 Min one...but the whole show...that would be VERY cool!

Cool, sounds like we won't be getting the new album until early next year bc I doubt they would do both about the same time. Maybe new song tidbits in Dec. and a single in Jan., we'll see!!

Very exciting, I loved this concert, probably one of the best due to the crowd size.

And here is an update from U2log.com:

update: Universal London?s HQ have informed U2tour.de the concert on the DVD will be the second show at Slane in its entirity.

:hyper:

C ya!

Marty

An actual date :hyper:

I want the Chili Peppers included. That's what I want, dammit. I want the whole shebang.

the chilis played the first show... moby was at the second. i want both though i'll probably get neither.

Back
Top Bottom