MERGED-->Search Warrant served on Michael Jacksons Ranch + hes (accused of being) bad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
joyfulgirl said:
Well, the thing that struck me from that creepy special last year was that the kids look at Michael with total love in their eyes. Children who are abused do not look at their abusers like that. They have fear in their eyes, not love. I guess that's what the parents see. :shrug:

He is not well, but is innocent until proven guilty, period.

I agree he has not been proven guilty joyfulgirl, but I don't agree that abused children do not look at their abusers with love in their eyes. Sadly they often love and trust the person who has betrayed them and this damages them psychologically for a lifetime. Abusers are often those close to the child- a family member, teacher, priest, family friend, scout leader etc. Imho I think Michael Jackson is quite likely guilty- if not of out-and-out sexual molestation at least inappropriate, highly questionable behaviour. In Micheal's case his reputation preceeds him and the parents should not have taken such a chance. Other incidents, such as draping his children in veils in public and the infamous 'baby dangling' incident make me wonder if he is fit to even be around his own children. I don't mean to condemn the man- I would get no pleasure in seeing him feathered and tarred, he's a tragic figure in desperate need of psychiatric intervention.

Last edited:
Bono's American Wife said:
I WANT to give him the benefit of the doubt but I just cannot get past the fact that he has admitted publicly that he shares his bed with children.

I don't care how eccentric, different or misunderstood someone is...a 45 year old man has no business sharing a bed with children that aren't his.

And if it IS totally innocent, he needs to stop doing it because he's just opening himself up to these kinds of allegations.

Exactly. In some ways, I still just can't imagine him doing that to any children.

But he paid off that family the last time...and the sharing of his bed and everything...

I mean, I'm still waiting until everything's proven for sure...but...it just makes me wonder...

Like I said before, if he wanted the stigma of being a child molester to go away, then during those specials, it probably was not the smartest thing in the world to announce that children were allowed to sleep in his bed.

And ditto what anitram and U2Kitten said as well.

I saw the footage of him in handcuffs today...it was just sad. I can't believe that he's gotten to this point. The news people were talking about whether or not his reputation could be salvaged...I think his reputation was altered negatively a long time ago, and there's no turning it around.

It's a shame. :tsk:.

Angela

LCK said:

I agree he has not been proven guilty joyfulgirl, but I don't agree that abused children do not look at their abusers with love in their eyes. Sadly they often love and trust the person who has betrayed them and this damages them psychologically for a lifetime.

You are right--it was just an observation at the time that left an impression and I was commenting on the question as to why parents would let their kids stay with him, that maybe that the love is all they saw and they believed it. But the abused kids I've seen don't have that kind of purity of love in their eyes--it is more a mixture of love and fear and so many confusing things, but it is certainly not black and white and I didn't mean to imply that it is so simple.

Last edited:
One of the saddest things is that kids are so trusting, so naive, they WOULDN'T have anything but love in their eyes. If he told them it was "love" and love was good and okay, they wouldn't know any better.

That's how so many molesters get away with it for so long. The kids LIKE them, and believe them and the parents think oh what a nice guy, playing with my kids! I'm talking about things that have happnened in my town, even my own neighborhood. Most molesters aren't scary and mean, only the ones who grab and run. The multiple molester, the repeat offender, the long time guy who gets away with it is always kindly, loving and helpful and even buys the kids gifts. The kids defend them to the end and say what a nice man he is!! The parents adore them and are usually in total shock when an arrest is made.

There was one man in my city who was 73 and had molested kids for 40 years before he was found out.

Last edited:
Moonlit_Angel said:

I saw the footage of him in handcuffs today...it was just sad. I can't believe that he's gotten to this point.

I can't believe its gotten to this point either :(

I started listening to the J-5 in 1974 and was head over heels for Michael when Thriller came out...I had a framed picture of him in my room.

I have my doubts about his innocence but its still really hard to see someone I admired so much in this position.

TiaraGurl said:
Apparently he has retained the guy who defended Winona's shoplifting and is currently defending scott peterson.

omg are you kidding me :crack:

BAW...yeah, I can imagine so-I know I'd feel the same way if it was one of my favorite musicians in this situation. I was thinking about all the Jackson fans that I've come across before these last couple of days. It's crazy enough for those of us who aren't big Jackson fans to hear this. I feel bad for the people who are fans.

Sicy said:
omg are you kidding me :crack:

Unfortunately, she's not.

Angela

what a big mess eh? If he's guilty, he deserves what he gets and more. I hope the justice system operates correctly this time( there was a sentence handed down to a man in Australia today who burned his wife to death...it upset me..a lot. I don't know all the details , but it seemed much too lenient)
MJ must be an easy target for someone to make an accusation against. You do get devious people who plot to make money falsely. He's a big easy target, one would think.
If he has been methodically molesting children, he is ill and needs help and punishment. There are so many adults who adore him, he would have to have some warped view of sex to turn to children.
I admit to being a big fan of the Jackson 5, I remember them so well, and so fondly. So if this proves true, someone who I admired will have horrified me and made this world an even sadder place.
I'm hope this time, money isn't the answer, instead we are told the truth.
God Bless the Child...

attention all cars... attention all cars... we have an APB out for a 45 year old white woman. approach with caution. he is believed to be accompanied by a chimp.

well if you can afford it, ya might as well get the best lawyer possiable... he had cochran represent him in 93, now gerragos is the "in" lawyer, so he has him :shrug:

Last edited:
cass said:
what a big mess eh? If he's guilty, he deserves what he gets and more. I hope the justice system operates correctly this time( there was a sentence handed down to a man in Australia today who burned his wife to death...it upset me..a lot. I don't know all the details , but it seemed much too lenient)

Exactly. If he is found to be guilty, I hope our justice system will give him a reasonable punishment...and give it to him based on what he's done, not based on his celebrity status or whatnot. These are serious charges, and it all should be taken seriously.

Also...that's horrible about the man in Australia. Burned his wife to death?!?! Argh. How on earth do people get that f*cked up?

Originally posted by cass
MJ must be an easy target for someone to make an accusation against. You do get devious people who plot to make money falsely. He's a big easy target, one would think.

Yep.

And if this is just so people can get money off him...that's a really sick way of doing it.

If he has been methodically molesting children, he is ill and needs help and punishment. There are so many adults who adore him, he would have to have some warped view of sex to turn to children.

Indeed. And I honestly don't think pedophiles can be helped. If someone's mind is that warped that they can hurt children like that...I don't think there's much anyone can do to change them. They're screwed up mentally. There's really nothing that can be done.

I admit to being a big fan of the Jackson 5, I remember them so well, and so fondly. So if this proves true, someone who I admired will have horrified me and made this world an even sadder place.
I'm hope this time, money isn't the answer, instead we are told the truth.

Me, too.

God Bless the Child...

Yes.

Angela

It looks like some of you think it's funny and some of you refuse to believe it's anything more than extortion. Please consider that if it is true, taking up for him and letting him get away will only mean more kids are hurt in the future. I know some of you will always believe some conspiracy theory even if he is found guilty. But think of the kids' welfare over his. How many kids is this going to happen to before people stop feeling sorry for Jackson? So it's not a sure thing he's guilty but it's also not a sure thing he's not, either.

Leeloo said:
It looks like some of you think it's funny and some of you refuse to believe it's anything more than extortion. Please consider that if it is true, taking up for him and letting him get away will only mean more kids are hurt in the future. I know some of you will always believe some conspiracy theory even if he is found guilty. But think of the kids' welfare over his. How many kids is this going to happen to before people stop feeling sorry for Jackson? So it's not a sure thing he's guilty but it's also not a sure thing he's not, either.

Who's laughing and who's in denial? I think everyone takes these allegations very seriously. I don't see anyone taking up for him either, although I did say that one is always innocent until proven guilty which is a fact of our legal system and I said this because many people seem to assume that an arrest = guilt. I think everyone just wants the truth.

I feel the arrest means there is something very serious going on and there is enough evidence for a case. There hasn't been in the past, despite all the gossip.

YOU know im bad im bad you know it. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. who's BAD!
mjmugright112.jpg

Haha not surprised you made this one shaun!

On the smoking gun site. I was curious about that last time as well. What exactly is this site? While very damning, I hardly think it is proof. Proof is more than a testimony and one found on the net at that. I still maintain caution in declaring guilt and if or when proof is found, I hope he gets all the help and punishment he so richly deserves.

:sigh:

Excellent points made by both King Kaufman (Salon) and Mitch Albom (Detroit Free Press/syndicated columnist) and, earlier, by Dennis Miller: why did the parent(s)/guardian(s) of this child/these children ALLOW them to go to Neverland? Even if Michael Jackson was as innocent as Christ in the previous allegations, we've all seen the pictures of Neverland now, and we saw the Bashir interview, and HOW MANY MORE CREEPY THINGS does Jackson have to do before parenst will stop sending their kids to that ranch?

Interesting article here written by Rabbi Boteach, who used to be friends w/ Michael. I think it makes some good points, and I did see him on TV saying that Jackson's managers told him he was trying to make MJ too normal.

http://www.belief.net/story/136/story_13623_1.html

I'd like to know re the first boy to make allegations..if those were lies, how he gave police a detailed description of Jackson's genitals, which they say matched the photos that were taken of MJ. Just wondering....

:up: Mrs. Springsteen and Paxetaurora

I saw his brother Jermaine on 20/20 claiming it was a bunch of rednecks and racists because he was a black man :rolleyes: First, he no longer qualifies as black or a man anymore :censored: second, regardless of color or sex the crime is the issue. Jermaine said it was like putting the whole family in handcuffs- bullshit. Lots of families have one bad member and it's no reflection on the rest of them. They sure disowned LaToya at one time.

Last edited:
Leeloo said:
:up: Mrs. Springsteen and Paxetaurora

I saw his brother Jermaine on 20/20 claiming it was a bunch of rednecks and racists because he was a black man :rolleyes: First, he no longer qualifies as black or a man anymore :censored: second, regardless of color or sex the crime is the issue. Jermaine said it was like putting the whole family in handcuffs- bullshit. Lots of families have one bad member and it's no reflection on the rest of them. They sure disowned LaToya at one time.

Exactly.

As for the racism argument, another thing-this could also be due to the fact that he's a celebrity, but if the police were really racist, ya think they would've allowed him to turn himself in whenever he was ready to? No.

Angela

Leeloo I agree with the second half of your post but he is still a man and a black man at that, not that it really makes any difference, point is he deserves the fairness of a trial and jury that every human deserves regardless of how different or freakish they are or the crime they may or may not have committed. We simply cannot judge. We not only don't know him but also dont know what really happened.

I dunno :scratch: I think you kind of give up your right to play the race card when you look like a creepy old white woman :uhoh:

I do get tired of the race card being played, all you have to do is yell 'I'm black,' 'this is a lynching,' and everybody will be so afraid to do anything in fear of being called a racist :rolleyes: That is exactly what Jermaine Jackson is doing. He even said he wanted to tell all black families in America, 'if they can do this to us after all we've achieved what will they do to you?' That is bringing race into it as a crutch and to get support and it's not right. Just as it's wrong to persecute someone based on race or sex, it's also wrong to exhonerate them on that basis too. (I feel the same way about women who yell sexism, so don't flame me.) Everyone should get the same treatment and race and sex need never be brought up, if we are all truly equal! That's why it upsets me to see the ones who have yelled for equality be the one to point out the differences if it suits their needs at the time.

I'm sure fairness is not the problem, nobody is going to try to railroad him for being 'black.' What bothers me so much is all the people so convinced of his innoncence that he could go free to do it again, if he has done something. Personally I believe he has, but there's no need to trash me or lecture me for it. I'm not in the PD and I won't be on the jury. Since we're not we should be allowed to express our feelings, regardless of our opinion. I don't think he performed sex on them, because I can't imagine him being able to :censored: I think if he's guilty it's more in the line of fondling, feeling and 'bad touching' which is not cool either. Yes everyone deserves fairness but that includes the victims and potential future victims too.

His celebrity pals are split too, some defend him vehemently and refuse to believe a thing, like Liz Taylor. Cher all but came out and said she felt he did it, citing the strange long history of him with little boys, never little girls, and always in the bed.

Last edited:
Another thing I don't get is why so many kids even want to hang with him. Think about this: he hasn't had a big hit and hasn't been big on the scene since these kids were born! Back in the 80's he was everywhere, and a hero and an idol to kids so if it was like that I could understand them wanting to go to Neverland. But since he really hasn't been much on MTV or any TV (at least not in a positive way) for many years, the entire lifetimes of these kids, why are they so infatuated with him? Could it be the parents, or is he seeking them out? :huh:

I didnt even know he or his lawyers were playing the race card. I wouldnt think any of the usual rules really apply to him anyway. He's so unusual in any sense that he fits neither profile. I was saying all the above in the sense that his heritage cant be taken off him through surgery, but yeah superficially he is neither black or white....:shifty: I wasn't trashing you either btw.

As for the kids...the only thing I can think of his that great big empty amusement park he plays in. I guess it appeals to 12 year olds which seems to be his favourite age group. Why the parents continue to let them stay there is beyond me but meh.

I never said he or his lawyers were. It's his brother Jermaine on those news shows I was talking about and quoting.

I also don't know why the kids keep being allowed to spend the night there. I could understand letting them see the animals and ride the rides, have lunch and come home on a bus. But any parent who would let their kid stay the night without them in the room or bed of a strange (I mean that in both senses of the word) 45 year old man are negligent IMO and deserve part of the blame if anything happens.

Back
Top Bottom